Pune University RAK in Ras Al Khaimah
||Pune University RAK
||Dr K C Mohite (Director)
|Executive body or owner
||University of Pune India / Edulink Dubai
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|University location / area
||Al Burairat - location map
||PO Box 12939, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
||MBA, MSc, BBA, BCA, BBT, BE, BSc
||20,000-25,000 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Pune University RAK admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Ras Al Khaimah universities forum
University of Pune RAK degrees, courses, and programs
||Annual Fees (AED)
|Executive MBA (EMBA)
||2 years full-time
||2 years full-time
|Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Services (PGDFS)
||1 year + project
|Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management (PGDHM)
||1 year + internship
|Post Graduate Diploma in Materials and Logistics Management (PGDMLM)
|Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Postgraduate diplomas are part-time with classes on weekends (Friday and Saturday). Fees information not supplied.
- Fees information for 2009-2010? Not clear if also for 2010-2011 - amounts still the same on website when checked 07 February 2011.
07 February 2011 - Pune University RAK closing?
- Pune University in Ras Al Khaimah has suspended admissions while waiting for accreditation from the UAE Ministry of Higher Education according to an anonymous source from the university. An Emirates 24-7 report on 06 February 2011 quoted the official as saying "We will not take any more students. We have applied for accreditation."
- Dragana Symons, the Edulink Administration Manager for Edu-Link, was also concerned about the viability of the RAK campus, saying "There is no student life here. For the young, there's just not enough on offer. You need to be located near to where students live," according to a report in The National on 07 February 2011. The National concluded that The university now plans to relocate to Dubai or the capital.
- Dr R. K. Shevgaonkar, the Vice-Chancellor of Pune University in India, was reported by The Indian Express on 03 February 2011 to have said "Edulink, which is the strategic partner of the varsity for the Ras-Al- Khaimah (RAK) campus was responsible for admissions. However, no student could be admitted to any course last year. ... With the grim economic situation in UAE, our partner is also facing difficulties." Indicating that the RAK campus might shut down.
- Latest News page on UOP-RAK website says "University Closed ..." but that was in November 2010 and only a temporary closure for the Eid Al Ahda holiday (from 15-20 November 2010).
- Website domain updated, www.uoprak.ae forwards to www.uop-rak.com. Contact details updated - new tel number +971-7-2338489 (previously +971-7-2276531 - might still be valid?). Additional email might be firstname.lastname@example.org.
29 July 2009
- University of Pune (UoP) RAK Director is Dr K C Mohite. Previous information was that the Vice Chancellor was Dr Narendra Jadhav. Other reports said Arun Adsool / Adsul was the Acting Vice Chancellor (but that might be for Pune University in India).
23 May 2009
- First MBA and Executive MBA lectures started at the UOP RAK campus 22 May 2009.
- Senior academic personnel include
Vice-Chancellor Dr Narendra Jadhav, Academic Coordinator Dr S B Kolte, Dean Faculty of Management Dr (Captain) C M Chitale, and Professor Ranjit Chitale.
- Same website appears to be at www.uoprak.ae, www.uop-rak.com, and www.edulink.ae/uop/
08 April 2009
- University of Pune (UOP) have a 5-star rating from the
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of India (Edulink press release 06 February 2009)
- See also University of Pune Dubai (under consideration or planning)
- No fax number found, try +971-4-4264787 for edulink in Dubai
- UOP campus near the RAK George Mason University initially, later will move to the new RAK education city.
- Edulink also establised Middlesex University in Dubai in 2005
- Khaleej Times report 07 February 2009 said subject specialisations (maybe for MBA) included Banking and Insurance, Biotechnology, IT, Retail. Same report also said there would be an ITES (Information Technology Enabled Services) program starting in March 2009.
Courses starting in April 2009 in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK):
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA and Executive MBA (EMBA) courses offered from March/April 2009
- Classes start April 2009
- Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- AED 20,000 per year (2 years full time? Might be only part time for April 2009 start, and full time for September 2009 start)
- Evening and weekend classes also available?
- Bus transport available for working executives, with classes on Fridays.
The following degree courses are expected to be offered for September 2009:
Faculty of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT)
Faculty of Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration in Biotechnology
Faculty of Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in:
- Electronics and Telecommunications
Faculty of Science
- Masters in Science (MSc) in
Last update 05 March 2011
General comments - might not apply to Pune University RAK
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.