Private International English School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Private International English School in Abu Dhabi
|School name||Private International English School|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||Ms Girija Baiju (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan|
|Date founded||September 2010|
|Number of students (approx)||1000|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Mussafah, Musaffah|
|Postal address||PO Box 39972, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Website||www.bhavansabudhabi.com (new window)|
|School fees structure||8,600-13,000 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||1,900 - 3,400 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Private International English School admissions, reviews, notes
Private International English School reviews - add yours here.
BVB schools in UAE
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Private International English School Mussafah, Abu Dhabi (PIES, IES) fee structure
PIES or PIIS also called Bharatiya Vidya Bhavans School in Abu Dhabi. Note that PIES is an Indian school, not an international or British school, despite the name.
|Class/Grade||KG1||KG2||1 (I)||2 (II)||3 (III)||4 (IV)||5 (V)||6 (VI)||7 (VII)||8 (VIII)||9 (IX)||10 (X)||11 (XI)||12 (XII)|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||8,600||8,600||10,800||10,800||10,800||10,800||10,800||13,000||13,000||13,000||13,000||13,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||8,000||8,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||12,000||12,000||12,000||12,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||8,000||8,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||12,000||12,000||12,000||12,000||15,000||15,000||15,000||15,000|
- [Check] 2014-2015 registration admission fee not given, caution deposit AED 1,000, textbook costs AED 600-700 (annual), bus transport AED 2,750-3,750 (annual, can be paid monthly).
- 2012-2013 fee schedule not provided.
- [Check] 2011-2012 caution deposit AED 1,000, bus transport AED 2,750-3,750 (annual, can be paid monthly).
- 2010-2011 admissions start date is 15 August 2010, for KG-Class IV only at first (Class V starts April 2011). Bus transportation fees about AED 400-450 per month (maximum approved by ADEC is AED 3,000-3,850 per year), book fees AED 500-700 per year, uniforms cost about AED 500-600 (maximum approved by ADEC is AED 120-130 per set). Fee scholarships or subsidies of 50% available to "Meritorious students" (details of what that means not supplied) from Class VIII onwards. Registration admission fee AED 400-500.
- Mobile phone number +971-56-7033925.
- Location: Shabiya 9 (Sector 9), Mussafah Community (Mussafa, Musaffa), Mohammed Bin Zayed City (MBZ City). Next to Sunrise Indian Private School Mussafah and Al Safeer Mall.
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Abu Dhabi websites
- Several websites provided for BVB and school information:
- www.bhavansabudhabi.com - official school website, inconsistent availability or hangs computer when loading.
- facebook.com/pages/Bhavans-abudhabi/136327846448867 - FB page for Bhavans Abu Dhabi.
- www.iesvidyabhavan.com - unavailable, might be used for emails only, or no longer used.
- ict.bhavansabudhabi.com - ETH Digital Campus for PIES Abu Dhabi, login required. Used for online admission and registration applications.
- lms.bhavansabudhabi.com - online course information website for classes, login required.
- www.bhavans.info - Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan information website for all or most Bhavans institutes, new Bhavans Al Ain school not listed for example (when checked in Dec 2014). Not clear if an official BVB website or not.
- www.bhavans.net - unavailable.
- www.bhavan.net - website for Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in London, UK.
- www.bhavans.com - not available.
- www.bhavans.org - spam, don't use.
28 December 2014
- Email address updated to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous address was email@example.com.
- Head's name updated to Ms Girija Baiju (Principal), started December 2010? Previously was Ms Rajalakshmi Pillai (MA, MEd, MPhil) (Prinicipal).
- BVB opened a new branch of PIES or a second UAE BVB school in Al Ain in early 2014 - Al Saad Indian School. BVB Middle East also opened a school in Bahrain in April 2014, and in Muscat, Oman in April 2013. But no further plans regarding the Dubai and Sharjah schools they said would open in 2011 (which haven't opened yet), or any explanation given for the delay.
11 January 2011
- Bhavans School Abu Dhabi (PIES) expanding for September 2011 according to Khaleej Times report quoting Ramachandran Menon, Chairman of BVB Middle East as saying "Our planned expansion will allow us to take an additional 2,000 students from September and we will have separate admissions for the kindergarten during this time."
15 September 2010 review
- The new Bhavans School was officially opened by Sheikh Tahnoon Bin Saeed Saif Bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, with MK Lokesh, Indian Ambassador to the UAE, attending.
- School has about 300 students and 20 teachers to start with, from Grades 1-4 or 1-5.
- Second language options include Hindi, French, Sanskrit, and possibly Arabic in the future.
10 August 2010 review
- The Private International English School (PIES) (Bhavans Kendra Abu Dhabi) is a new Indian CBSE curriculum school in Musaffah on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi city.
- Opening date of PIES is reported to be 15 or 19 September 2010 (both dates seen).
- PIES will operate as a day-boarding school with class timings 0730-1230 for KG, and 0730-1530 for class I onwards. Extra tuition classes available on Saturday from 0830-1330.
- Classes KG-IV start September 2010, Classes V-VIII or IX from April 2011, Classes X-XII added from 2012-2014.
- Facilities include 40 classrooms, to be increased by 120 more classrooms as school intake expands.
- Student capacity of 1,000, increasing to 4,500 when construction of additional buildings is complete.
- Various spellings of Principal's name - Ms Rajalakshmy Pillai, Rajalakshmi Pillai, Rajalaxmi Pillai, Rajalaxmy Pillai?
- Ms Pillai has previously held positions in schools in Kuwait, India, Qatar.
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan (BVB) is an education provider and school operator in India, founded in 1938, with schools and centers in Australia, Canada, India, Kuwait, Mexico, Portugal, South Africa, UK, USA
- Chairman and/or Middle East Director of BVB is N K Ramachandra Menon (Ramachandran Menon). Is also chairman/head of the BVB school in Kuwait?
- Students are not supposed to do homework or get private tuition in Abu Dhabi. Mr Menon reported as saying "We have extended teaching time up to 3.30pm for this purpose so that pupils can complete all work at school," and "The teachers are not allowed to take up private tuition as well." Except confusingly, other comments indicated students would get homework - in the form of projects. Mr Menon said "Pupils in grade 5 and above will have assignments to be completed at home".
- Maximum classs size 25 with teacher to student ratio of 1:15 - "We are aiming to have 15 students in each classroom, with the maximum being 25 students in a class," (NK Ramachandran, The National 10 August 2010).
- Second languages available include French, Hindi, Sanskrit, and possibly Arabic.
- Some information at website www.iesvidyabhavan.com for the Kuwait school, not clear what website for IES Abu Dhabi is. See also www.bvbdelhi.org and www.bhavans.info for Bhavans Kendra background information (not www.bvbdelhi.com or www.bhavans.com, which are spam).
New BVD schools in the UAE
- BVD plan to open additional schools in Dubai and Sharjah according to comments from Mr Ramachandran Menon in the Khaleej Times 10 August 2010 - "We propose to start one school in Dubai in April next year and another one in Sharjah in September next year after getting the necessary sanctions from the authorities here. BVB is planning to start one school in Bahrain in next April and another one in Oman in September next year".
Schools in the same area as Private International English School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Maali International School||August 1996||K-12||Arabic, US||6,000-18,000||AMIS reviews|
|Emirates National School MBZ City||September 2011||K-12||Arabic, US, UK||22,240-55,920|
|Shining Star International School Abu Dhabi||April 2014||K-12||Indian||7,900-15,500||SSISAD reviews|
Last update 08 February 2015
General comments - might not apply to Private International English School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.