Wednesday 26 February 2020 (UAE)
Preston University Ajman
Preston University Ajman
|University name||Preston University Ajman|
|Director's name||Dr Abdul Basit (President)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||university|
|University location / area||College Street, Al Naeymiyah (no map)|
|Postal address||PO Box 20488, Ajman, UAE|
|Qualifications||BBA, BA, BIT, MBA, MSc, PhD|
|University fees||10,000-20,000 dhs per year (2008-2009)|
|Lecturer salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Preston University Ajman admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about Preston University Ajman
Preston University Ajman (PUA) programs and courses, general information, reviews
Undergraduate degrees and courses
- Business Administration - Bachelor's degree
- Business degree (from University of Bedfordshire)
- Fashion Design - Diploma and Bachelor degree
- Fashion Design degree (from University of Bedfordshire)
- General Education - introductory program
- IELTS - English
- Information Technology - Bachelor degree
- Interior Design degree (from University of Bedfordshire)
- Islamic Studies - Bachelor degree
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- IT degree (from University of Bedfordshire)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Arts (MA) in Islamic Studies
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) (MSc in IT?)
- Executive MBA
- Executive MSIT
Preston University Ajman tuition fee structure (last update 12 July 2009)
BBA BSc BFD
|Monthly Tuition (AED)||
|Annual Total¹ (AED)||
|Program Total Fees¹ (AED)||
- Includes additional fees for admission etc, approximate value only
- Program description says both 9 semesters and 3 years which implies there are 3 semesters per year.
- Admission Fee AED 700-1500, Registration Fee AED 250-500 per quarter or semester, Examination Fee AED 150-200 per semester or quarter.
- Additional costs include Library Refundable Deposit AED 300, Graduation Fee AED 1500, Exemption Fee per subject AED 200.
Preston University Ajman careers and jobs
- Check Preston University Ajman website, although if it is not available, that might not be a good indication of what it's like to work there.
- Instructor or teacher pay scale, details of benefits package, not supplied.
- If looking for jobs with a degree from Preston University Ajman, check with potential employers before enrolling as some might not accept PUA degrees if the university courses have not been accredited by any recognized accrediting body. As of 28 Dec 2013, PUA not found in the list of accredited institutions from the UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA).
28 December 2013
- Website domain www.preston.ae not available (try Google cache). Unknown if that means university closed or closing. In May 2012 there was a confusing report about the university being closed.
17 May 2012 - Preston University Ajman closed ... or not?
- Al Bawaba (or Al Bayan?) reported that a university in Ajman had been closed by the Ajman Municipality because it wasn't licensed, quoting Dr Mohammed Badruddin, Head of the Academic section at the Ministry, as saying "Their [students'] parents should be held responsible because they had not checked with the Ministry of Higher Education whether this university is authorized or not"
- The report didn't specifically name Preston University, but said "It is believed to have begun as an offshoot of Preston University in Wisconsin, US," and "Its four undergraduate and three postgraduate courses are accredited by the Pakistani Higher Education Commission." Preston University is the only university in Ajman offering Pakistan HEC accredited courses as far as we know.
- Other newspapers repeated the story including Emirates 24-7 and The National, however, The National later retracted the story (the online version was removed), issuing and update that said In a story published in The National newspaper on May 17 and online May 16 headlined "Students puzzled by uni closure" the article mistakenly said that Preston University Ajman had closed. We accept that this is not the case, and that the university continues to operate. We regret the error.
- The Preston University Ajman website has no mention of being closed.
12 August 2010
- Preston University Ajman is accredited by the Pakistan Higher Education Commission (HEC). Degree transcripts for graduating students come from Preston University Kohat in Pakistan, or from foreign universities with which Preston Ajman has a partnership.
- PU and other degrees awarded after studying at PU in Ajman might not be recognised or attested by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Bedfordshire University (UOB) in the UK has a partnership with Preston University in Ajman according to both UOB and PU websites. Not clear when it was announced. PU and UOB website information appears to be dated June or July 2010.
- UOB Board of Governors meeting February 2010 minutes say The Board received a report that provided a summary of the potential to establish a transnational education (TNE) partnership with Preston University in Ajman.
- UOB website now says The University of Bedfordshire is pleased to announce a new agreement with Preston University, Ajman.
- PU website now says We, a campus of Preston University, Kohat, Pakistan (NOC by the HEC – Higher Education Commission of Pakistan) are pleased to announce and proud to have the University of Bedfordshire as our education partner here in the UAE.
- A report in December 2009 of an honorary doctorate from UOB awarded to the Ruler of Ajman referred to a partnership between UOB and PU that had already been in existence for a year, but it appeared under that arrangement that PU students were travelling to the UK, rather than UOB courses being offered in Ajman.
16 May 2010
- Preston Unversity signed an agreement with the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) to develop education curriculums, research, study programs, and facilitate staff and student exchanges (WAM report).
14 December 2009 (UOB press release)
- An Honorary Doctor of Laws degree was presented by the University of Bedfordshire (UOB) to HH Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, the Ruler of Ajman. UOB has been a partner of Preston University since 2008? UOB Vice Chancellor, Professor Les Ebdon CBE, reportedly said "We have been actively marketing our programmes in the United Arab Emirates for more than ten years and for the past year have enjoyed a collaboration with Preston University-Ajman. This is the first year that Preston University has sent us 16 students and we hope that number will grow in the future."
- A WAM report of the honorary doctorate award dated 07 December 2009 didn't mention the Preston University agreement.
07 October 2009
- WAM reported the official inauguration of the new Ajman campus of Preston University in the UAE. Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, the Ruler of Ajman, spoke at the ceremony and said the university should introduce Information Technology Science development.
- Chancellor of Preston University in Ajman (PUA?) is Dr Jerry Haenisch, Director General of PUA is Mr Sajjad Hussain.
- Previous versions of Preston University in the United Arab Emirates included (unconfirmed)?
- Academy of Technologies in Dubai or Ajman?
- Centre or Center of American Education in Dubai (Deira?)
- Preston University in USA 2009-2010 catalog (17 Jul 2009) says "Preston University is dedicated to delivery of the highest quality educational experience to each of its enrolled students around the world. However, Preston is not accredited by a United States Department of Education recognized accrediting body." Unknown if that also applies to Preston University branch campus in the UAE, or any of its branches in other countries.
12 July 2009
- Preston University Ajman fees information updated, reflects approximate range from Preston University website. Date of validity not clear (document dated April 2009) but assumed to be for 2008-2009, might be valid for 2009-2010 also. Tuition Fees paid monthly. More details in table above.
18 September 2008
- Preston University Ajman Campus operates as a branch of Preston University in the USA.
- Preston moved from old campus near Lulu Center to new site on University Road, off Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Road, near Safeer Mall in Al Naemiyah (Al Nuaimiyah) area.
Last update 28 December 2013
General comments - might not apply to Preston University Ajman
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Ajman and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for lecturers too)
|Universities||Abu Dhabi universities | Ajman universities | Dubai universities | Ras Al Khaimah universities | Sharjah universities | UAE universities|
|MBAs||Abu Dhabi MBA | Dubai MBA | UAE MBA|
|Ajman education||List of Ajman universities | List of Ajman colleges | List of Ajman schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.