[Closed] Philippine National School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Philippine National School in Abu Dhabi
|School name||Philippine National School|
|Type of institute||private K-10 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Philippines|
|Qualifications or Courses|
|Head of school||Dr Ofelia F Padilla (principal)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)||1000|
|Number of staff (approx)||50|
|School area, location map||Al Dhafra, Al Dhafrah - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 31874, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Telephone||Closed Jul 2014|
|School fees structure||2,000-4,000 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||1,100 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Philippine National School admissions, reviews, notes
Philippine National School reviews - add yours here.
The Philippine National Private School Abu Dhabi (PNS, PNSA, PNSAD) tuition fee structure and general information
Not to be confused with the Philippine School Abu Dhabi, which opened in Sep 2014, replacing PNS which closed in July 2014. Many or most PNS students moved to the new school. Some UAE school directories still list PNS as open. It is definitely closed. This page left for archive reference.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||2,000||2,000||2,750||2,750||2,750||3,000||3,250||3,250||3,715||3,715||4,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013|
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not confirmed. Book charges AED 200-350, bus transport fees AED 1,000, uniform costs AED 100 (maximum allowed by ADEC).
- 2012-2013 fees information not supplied.
- Expired contact information: Tel +971-2-6413779 (most recent), +971-2-6419291 (old, also or changed to fax number for Rafa International LLC), +971-2-6418747 (old). Fax +971-2-6424852 (removed from table).
- Owner's name not provided. PNS is run by or associated with the Philippines Embassy in Abu Dhabi?
- Location: off Passport Road (Al Falah Rd, 9th Street) next to the Philippines Embassy, Al Dhafrah area. Near Al Falah Plaza off Al Falah Rd, not in the new Al Falah Community or Al Falah district (sometimes location referred to as in the Al Falah area).
Philippine National School careers and jobs
- No vacancies. School has closed. Try one of the other Philippine curriculum schools in Abu Dhabi for a teaching position instead. The Philippine School Abu Dhabi, The Philippine Global School, or Philippine Emirates Private School.
PNS Management (as of 22 Aug 2014, reference PNS)
- Director: Mr. Romulo A. Canja.
- Directress: Ms. Elma V. Canja.
- Principal: Dr Ofelia Padilla. In 2003, principal was Geronimo Obaob (reference: Khaleej Times).
22 August 2014
- PNS was one of the villa schools closed by ADEC in July 2014 according to an announcement by ADEC. Tel number removed from table.
- According to news reports or the announcement, ex-PNS students could re-enrol at a new school - The Philippine School Abu Dhabi opening September 2014, a branch of The Phillipines School Dubai (TPS), but contact details and location not given. Different from the new Philippine Emirates Private School in Baniyas which opened in September 2013.
- The Filipino Times 22 Aug 2014 reported that "In the capital Abu-Dhabi, the Dubai-based Philippine National School opened a branch this academic year ..." but no further information found or given, perhaps they meant a branch of TPS Dubai - there isn't a PNS in Dubai.
- FB page at facebook.com/pages/Philippine-National-School-Abu-Dhabi-United-Arab-Emirates/325358894238201 is FB spam.
02 July 2013 - Philippine National School closing (ADEC announcement)
- PNS is being closed by the Abu Dhabi education authority (ADEC) in July 2014 as part of their Abu Dhabi villa school closures plan.
- No information supplied about plans (if there are any) for relocation or a new campus building.
- FB page at facebook.com/pages/Philippine-National-School/146817505382043 (FP 07 Mar 2011) seems to be unofficial or not updated, or both.
12 August 2011 review
- The Philippine National School (PNS) in Abu Dhabi has been instructed by ADEC to downsize, reducing student numbers from 1,200 to 650 for the academic year 2011-2012 according to a Gulf News report, which also said The council said it would relocate the displaced pupils to other schools to ensure there is no disruption to their education. But parents said they have no other options. But further on the report said pupils would be moving to the new 21st Century School.
24 August 2009 review
- Philippine National School (PNS) domain and website at www.pns.yalaaa.com no longer available. No other website found.
- PNS was mentioned in the Gulf News with the head, Dr Ofelia Padilla, advising students to stay home for 10 days after their vacation before returning to school to help reduce risk of spreading H1N1 Swine Flu.
- Contact details updated. Additional phone number +971-2-6414438. Previous information was telephone +971-2-4492998 and fax +971-2-4494850.
- PNS school head, Dr Ofelia Padilla, was also at Pisco Abu Dhabi School (briefly, in 1995)? And the Pisco school head, Mr Geronimo Obaob, was reportedly also head of PNS in 2003 (a Khaleej Times report said "Filipino school teachers headed by Geronimo Obaob, principal of Philippine National School in Abu Dhabi ..."
22 March 2007 review
- The Philippine National School also referred to as the Philippines National Private School or possibly the Filipino National School in Abu Dhabi. Not to be confused with the Philippines Pioneer School in Abu Dhabi, a different Filipino curriculum school.
- Sounded like a nasty place to teach in 2005 when a scrap between teachers and management made the newspaper headlines. School was also warned later that year by the Ministry of Education for several violations, and instructed to upgrade facilities and management. Hopefully it has improved since then.
- DECS permit issued 23 February 1999.
Last update 02 April 2016
- Philippine schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.