Tuesday 14 July 2020 (UAE)
Our Own Indian School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Our Own Indian School in Dubai
|School name||Our Own Indian School|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||Mr Aziz Akhtar (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||GEMS Education, Varkey Group|
|Number of students (approx)||3600|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Quoz 1 - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 26845, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||4,753-9,689 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||1,100 - 2,500 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Our Own Indian School admissions, reviews, notes
Our Own Indian School reviews - add yours here.
Our Own Indian School (OOIS) tuition fee structure and information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||4,753||4,753||5,440||5,440||5,440||5,440||5,440||6,162||6,162||6,162||7,740||7,740||9,689||9,689|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||4,753||4,753||5,440||5,440||5,440||5,440||5,440||6,162||6,162||6,162||7,740||7,740||9,689||9,689|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||4,321||4,321||4,945||4,945||4,945||4,945||4,945||5,602||5,602||5,602||7,036||7,036||8,808||8,808|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||3,267||3,267||3,739||3,739||3,739||3,739||3,739||4,236||4,236||4,236||5,321||5,321||6,661||6,661|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||2,950||2,950||6,050||6,050|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||2,560||2,560||2,930||2,930||2,930||2,930||2,930||3,320||3,320||3,320||4,120||4,120||5,220||5,220|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2006-2007||2,560||5,220|
- 2013-2014 fee structure not provided, figures not confirmed.
- Fees payable in monthly instalments for 10 months of the year (not July or August).
- 2012-2013 fees increased by 10% from 2011-2012 (UAE MOE approval for 30% increase from 2009-2010, 10% per year). [Check, not confirmed] Registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable, not transferable to other GEMS schools). Previously AED 100 plus admission fee of AED 300. Additional annual fee (includes charges for medical, activities, library, laboratory?) of AED 150 (KG), AED 250 (Grades 1-5), AED 350 (Grades 6-8), AED 400 (Grades 9-10), AED 450 (Grades 11-12). Computer fee (appears to be monthly but not clear from information supplied) of AED 15 (Grades 1-3), AED 20 (Grades 4-12). Not for KG students. Not payable in March, April, July, August.
- 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 fees not confirmed (academic year not supplied).
- 2009-2010 tuition fees AED 2,950-6,050, appears to be almost unchanged from 2008-2009, unless OOIS website still has last year's figures (academic year not stated on fees page). Additional fees include registration fee AED 350, admission fee AED 300, medical/facilities/library/laboratory fees AED 150-450, Computer Science fees AED 120-160 (annual fee, divided into 8 monthly payments).
- 2007-2008 add approx 150 dhs (KG) - 450 dhs (grade 12) activity etc fees payable at start of academic year.
- 2006-2007 OOIS fee range was AED 2,560-5,220 (not confirmed)?
- Location Muscat St (Meydan Rd, Al Hadiqa St), Al Quoz 1. Between Dubai International School and Safa School.
- 2012: Lalitha Suresh (Principal from April 2012), previously at Our Own English High School (Headmistress).
22 March 2012
- Our Own Indian School is withdrawing from the i-CBSE (CBSEi - International CBSE) curriculum and reverting to the normal CBSE curriculum according to a report in the Khaleej Times 21 March 2012 with comments from parents of disorganisation and a lack of preparedness ... A Dubai-based Indian school following the Central Board of Secondary Education-international (CBSE-i) has decided to temporarily discontinue with the curriculum following the reluctance on behalf of a large number of students to take up CBSE-i for their Grade 11 examinations.
- The decision to start the iCBSE curriculum was made in November 2011?
- On 22 March 2012, the Gulf News reported David Wilson, chief academic officer for India at GEMS Education, as saying "Challenges with the change meant that some of the older students faced potential disadvantage as they approached their Board exams, which was of great concern to their parents. Responding to these concerns and respecting the professional judgment of our excellent Principals, it has been decided to continue the CBSE-I in one school only, The Millennium School, Dubai."
09 September 2009
- The principal, Mr Aziz Akhtar, received the National Teacher Award 2008 from the Ministry of Human Resource Development in India.
- Domain www.gemsoo-alquoz.com seems to be the main website for Our Own Indian School Dubai (OOIS) but content also at www.gemseducation.com.
05 September 2008 review
- OOIS fees information updated to AED 2,970-6,055 per year (for 2007-2008) from KHDA information. Expected to increase for 2008-2009 according to OOIS website but KHDA says not eligible for increase due to 16% added for 2007-2008.
07 January 2007 review
- Our Own Indian School (OOIS) was previously located in Garhoud and known as Varkey International Private School (details no longer valid but page left for reference), moved to Al Quoz location in 2002/2003.
- Domains www.oois-dxb.sch.ae and www.vips-dxb.sch.ae forward to www.gemsoo-alquoz.com. Another email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OOIS joined the GEMS Education (Varkey Group) in 1991. Date school established not given.
- Academic year starts in April.
Schools in or near Al Quoz 1 close to Our Own Indian School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|GEMS New Millennium School Al Khail||April 2013||K-12||Indian||20,000-27,000|
Last update 30 November 2014
General comments - might not apply to Our Own Indian School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.