Saturday 11 July 2020 (UAE)
Our Own High School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Our Own High School in Dubai
|School name||Our Own High School|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||Sanjeev Kumar Jolly (Principal, CEO)|
|Executive body or owner||GEMS Education, Varkey Group|
|Number of students (approx)||4600|
|Number of staff (approx)||175|
|School area, location map||Al Warqaa, Al Warqa - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 35519, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||7,358-12,484 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||1,700 - 3,300 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Our Own High School admissions, reviews, notes
Our Own High School reviews - add yours here.
Our Own High School Al Warqa'a (OOHS) tuition fee structure and information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||6,015||7,358||7,358||7,358||7,444||7,444||8,352||8,352||8,352||10,339||10,399||12,484||12,484|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||7,425||7,425||7,425||7,512||7,512||8,428||8,428||8,428||10,434||10,434||12,811||12,811|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||6,750||6,750||6,750||6,829||6,829||7,662||7,662||7,662||9,485||9,485||11,646||11,646|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||6,193||6,193||6,193||6,265||6,265||7,029||7,029||7,029||8,702||8,702||10,684||10,684|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||6,098||6,098||6,098||6,182||6,182||6,948||6,948||6,948||8,604||8,604||10,535||10,535|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009||5,700||5,700||5,700||5,900||5,900||6,700||6,700||6,700||8,300||8,300||10,150||10,150|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||4,000||4,000||4,900||4,900||4,900||4,950||4,950||5,550||5,550||5,550||6,900||6,900||8,450||8,450|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2006-2007||3,450||3,450||4,220||4,220||4,220||4,270||4,270||4,790||4,790||4,790||5,930||5,930||7,280||7,280|
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not confirmed.
- 2012-2013 fees estimated only, based on a reported 10% increase (not confirmed, actual fees not supplied).
- Fee information in italics estimated amounts only and not confirmed.
- Registration Fee AED 500 (previously AED 100) (non-refundable and non-transferable to other GEMS schools), Admission Fee AED 300 (not applicable for 2011-2012?).
- Additional AED 20 for Bus ID card, Diary and Report Card.
- Tuition fees payable in 10 monthly instalments (not in July and August).
- Bus transport fees AED 130-170 per month (in 2008-2009, might have increased but current fee information not supplied).
- See Our Own English High School Dubai fees for details at that location.
- OOHS is not the same as the GEMS Our Own School Al Warq'a (a newer school that opened in April 2011).
- Location: Al Aweer Rd, opposite Dragon Mart, Al Warqaa.
- Grade 11 & 12 fees for Science stream. For Commerce stream, fees are AED 11,260 for 2011-2012 (AED 10,180 per annum in 2009-2010.)
20 January 2012
- Gulf News reported that all CBSE curriculum GEMS schools in Dubai were increasing fees by 10% for 2012-2013. Fee table updated to reflect this but confirmation not received.
14 December 2011
- Gulf News reported that the principal, Neville de Noronha, died in India from a heart attack on Monday 12 December 2011.
05 July 2010
- Our Own High School Al Warqaa principal and CEO is Neville de Noronha. Previously was John Thundiyil Mathai. Date of change not supplied.
05 June 2010
- Reports in May 2010 indicated that OOHS fees would increase by about AED 1000 per year. Which might depend on the outcome of the disagreement between the UAE Ministry of Education and the KHDA in Dubai about Dubai school fee increases for 2010-2011.
05 September 2008
- Our Own High School (OOHS) is an extension facility in Al Warqa / Al Warqaa for male students from Our Own English High School in Dubai.
- OOHS is a boys only school.
- Headmaster is Richard Monteiro.
- Fees assumed to be for 2008-2009 (from OOHS website). KHDA says AED 4000-8445 for 2007-2008.
- Add 130-170 dhs per month for bus fees.
- Fees are payable monthly from September to June (no fees due in July and August).
- School might also be referred to as Our Own English High School, Our Own Al Warqaa, Our Own School Al Warqa'a, Alwarqaa, Alwaarqa, Al Waarqa, Alwarqa.
Schools in the same area as Our Own High School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|GEMS Our Own School Al Warqa||April 2011||Indian||5,518-11,676|
|International Academic School Dubai||September 2006||K-12||Arabic, US||12,930-24,250||IASD reviews|
|International School of Arts and Sciences Dubai||September 2007||K-12||US||28,200-51,465||ISASD reviews|
|Primus Private School||April 2008||K-12||Indian||11,339-22,731|
|Sharjah American School Dubai||September 2005||K-12||Arabic, US||16,000-39,900||SASD reviews|
Last update 30 November 2014
General comments - might not apply to Our Own High School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.