Our Own English High School Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Our Own English High School Dubai
|School name||Our Own English High School Dubai|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||Aziz Akhtar (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||GEMS Education, Varkey Group|
|Number of students (approx)||7600|
|Number of staff (approx)||300|
|School area, location map||Al Warqaa, Al Warqa - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 3004, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||6,015-12,727 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||2,500-3,000 dhs per month (2010-2011)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Our Own English High School Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Our Own English High School Dubai reviews - add yours here.
GEMS Our Own English High School Dubai (OOEHS-DXB, OOEHSD) tuition fee structure, general information
- Our Own English High School in Dubai (OOEHS) - Indian school with separate boys only branch in Al Warqa called OOHS.
- Our Own High School - boys only Indian school, in Al Warqaa, branch of OOEHS Dubai.
- Our Own Indian School - Indian school, not related to OOEHS or OOHS. Located in Al Quoz, Dubai.
- [Check] Our Own School Al Warqa (GEMS) - also an Indian school but not related to the OOHS in Al Warqa'a. Unless it is, or is related to OOEHS?
- Our Own Community School Al Warqa - renamed as GEMS Our Own School Al Warqa.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||6,015||6,015||7,366||7,366||7,366||7,409||7,409||8,369||8,369||8,369||10,460||10,460||12,727||12,727|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||6,015||6,015||7,366||7,366||7,366||7,409||7,409||8,369||8,369||8,369||10,460||10,460||12,727||12,727|
|Monthly fees (AED) 2012-2013²||600||600||735||735||735||740||740||835||835||835||1,045||1,045||1,270||1,270|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||5,518||5,518||6,758||6,758||6,758||6,797||6,797||7,678||7,678||7,678||9,596||9,596||11,676||11,676|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||5,062||5,062||6,200||6,200||6,200||6,236||6,236||7,044||7,044||7,044||8,804||8,804||10,712||10,712|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009³||4,402||4,402||5,391||5,391||5,391||5,423||5,423||6,125||6,125||6,125||7,656||7,656||8,932||9,315|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||4,002||4,002||4,901||4,901||4,901||4,930||4,930||5,568||5,568||5,568||6,960||6,960||8,468||8,468|
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not confirmed.
- 2012-2013 - registration fee for new admissions AED 500 (non-refundable, and non-transferable to other GEMS schools), additional AED 30 fee for ID Card and School Diary. Bus transport fees AED 3,100-3,800 depending on location.
- 2010-2011 - bus transportation fees are AED 3,000-3,700 per year depending on location (payable in three unequal instalments at the start of each term).
- See Our Own English High School Al Warqa'a for fees at that location.
- Fees for Science stream. Slightly lower for Commerce / Humanities (Arts?) stream (AED 12,204 for 2012-2013, AED 11,196 for 2011-2012, AED 10,272 for 2010-2011).
- For May 2012-March 2013, excluding July and August 2011. Fees for April 2012 are slightly higher (AED 615-1,297).
- Unconfirmed. From KHDA information, but they say for 2007-2008 which conflicts with OOEHS information for 2007-2008.
- 2007-2012: Lalitha Suresh (Headmistress), previously at Cambridge International School Dubai (Assistant Principal), moved to Our Own Indian School (Principal from April 2012).
- 2006-2008: Asha Alexander (Acting Principal), previously at Dubai Modern High School (primary head), moved to The Kindergarten Starters (Principal from April 2012).
20 September 2012
- Our Own English High School in Dubai has moved to a new campus in Al Warqaa 3 (Al Warqa'a 3). New contact details tel +971-4-2361335 (previously +971-4-3374112), fax +971-4-2361992 (previously +971-4-3347650), email email@example.com (previously firstname.lastname@example.org, unknown if still valid).
- Old building in Oud Metha has been taken over by the new GEMS Winchester School Dubai?
- New head is Aziz Akhtar (Principal)? Previous head was Mr Ainsley Edgar (Principal & CEO). Date of change not supplied.
15 May 2010
- Our Own English High School in Dubai (OOEHS-DXB) is apparently increasing school fees for 2010-2011 by 15-20%, or maybe AED 1000 per year. So now parents know what OOEHS thinks is not an "excessive" increase in fees, as promised in April 2010.
- Fees increase reportedly approved by the UAE Ministry of Education despite the KHDA fee freeze. See Dubai school fees increase for more details.
01 April 2010
- Following reports of the KHDA fee freeze for 2010-2011, and then the resulting comments from GEMS School Chairman about some schools being moved or closed if they couldn't increase fees, Our Own English High School in Dubai released a statement that said "We must be absolutely clear that no decision has been made to close this, or any other, GEMS School. Nor do we seek to make excessive increases in fees."
- Details of what might not be an excessive increase in fees were not supplied.
- The Gulf News reported on 30 March 2010 that He [Sunny Varkey] added that two more of their schools — Our Own English High School (Oud Mehta) and Cambridge International School (Al Garhoud) — are facing similar issues with its landlord, and will be forced to relocate with higher fees.
05 September 2008 review
- Might be marked on map as "Indian Secondary School", next to the Gem Private School. Not the same as the Indian High School in Dubai a bit further down the road.
- website www.ooehs-dxb.sch.ae no longer appears to be in operation.
- Principal name updated (was Mr Madhav Rao or Mrs Shobhana Verghese).
- Headmistress is Mrs Lalitha Suresh (previously Assistant Principal at the Cambridge International School in Dubai).
- Fees information from OOEHS website not yet updated for 2008-2009, but OOHS in Al Warqaa has 5700-10,150 dhs per year (presumably for 2008-2009).
- KHDA information is that OOEHS applied for 45% fees increase. As fees increased by 16% already for 2007-2008, this would normally mean no increase for 2008-2009 but KHDA information is unclear about what increase is permitted for OOEHS.
- Fees are payable monthly for 10 months of the year (not in July and August).
- Add AED 120-170 per month transportation fees (maybe more for 2008-2009).
12 August 2007 review
- School began in 1968 in the Bastakiya area of Dubai with 27 students and 3 teachers (OOEHS website). Website may not be up to date - lists awards from 2002. Note that school is K-12 despite having 'High School' in the name. K George Mathew (Matthew?) was headmaster in 2002. Now a GEMS School.
- Our Own High School Al Warqaa is for boys, new premises in Al Warqaa 2005, extended in 2006. Grade 5-12 boys attend Our Own English High School Al Warqaa as of 2005 (March?). With boys at Al Warqaa and girls at Oud Metha location, school runs morning shifts only.
- Other information (unconfirmed): Head of girls school is Mr Mohammad Abdul Hamid (headmaster from 2003/2004)? Will be replaced by Mrs Asha Alexander from the Modern High School primary section in 2007?
- School might also be referred to as Our Own High School, Our Own School Oud Metha, Our Own Oud Metha, Ood Metha, Oud Metah, Oud Meta, Ood Meta, Od Metha, Oud Maitha, Old Maitha.
Last update 30 November 2014
General comments - might not apply to Our Own English High School Dubai
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.