Thursday 02 July 2020 (UAE)
NECC Abu Dhabi
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
NECC Abu Dhabi
|School name||NECC Abu Dhabi|
|Type of institute||school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Special Needs|
|Qualifications or Courses||Special Needs|
|Head of school||Dr Dan Gould (Clinical Director)|
|Executive body or owner||Abu Dhabi Education Council|
|Date founded||December 2007|
|Number of students (approx)||36|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 112923, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|School fees structure|
|Teacher salary range||see general comments|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
NECC Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
NECC Abu Dhabi reviews - add yours here.
The New England Center for Children Abu Dhabi (NECC Abu Dhabi) fees and general information
- Fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admissions for children diagnosed on the Autism Spectrum - include diagnostic report copy with application. Email email@example.com for more information or to apply.
- Preschool for children 3 to 6 years old, elementary for children 7 to 9 years of age.
- Priority given to UAE Nationals.
Programs and services available at NECC Abu Dhabi
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for children with autism. Instruction from 0800-1400 Sun-Thu, one-to-one, in Arabic and English.
- Group instruction also available.
- Transition and Integration Program for children to be able to integrate within a regular school environment.
- Training and consultation services for parents and teachers involved with children with autism.
26 August 2010
- NECC Abu Dhabi website at www.neccabudhabi.org, not www.neccabudhabi.com (which is spam).
- Website for NECC in Boston, USA, is www.necc.org, not www.necc.com, which is unrelated.
- Domain www.neccuae.org forwards to www.necc.org.
21 December 2009
- Management of the New England Center for Children Abu Dhabi taken over by Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC), previously was the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (HAAD), or SEHA.
07 January 2009
- The new Abu Dhabi autism center, more correctly known as "The New England Centre for Children Abu Dhabi" (NECCAD) or (NECC-AD) officially opened in January 2009 but had been in operation for about a year before that (Gulf News report).
- No telephone contact found but try the Health Authority Abu Dhabi tel +971-2-4193316 and fax +971-2-4490556
- The New England Center for Children (NECC) autism school in Massachusetts signed a an agreement with The Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD) in June 2007 to establish the Abu Dhabi autism school for children affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
- First class, open 07 December 2007, was a group of 6 pre-school Emiratis children ages 3-6. Further groups will be added up to a capacity of 48 children in 8 classrooms eventually (current premises limited to 36 children).
- The autism center is limited to Emiratis students at present but hope to accept non-UAE nationals in the future.
- Eight staff from the NECC Massachusetts travelled to Abu Dhabi to start the new school in December 2007.
- Instruction is in Arabic and English using the Autism Curriculum Encyclopedia (ACE).
- No website found but www.neccad.ae appears to be registered to the NECC Abu Dhabi. The site www.necc.ae is for an unrelated company.
- No email contact found but you could try firstname.lastname@example.org for the director, Dr Daniel Gould.
- NECC AD appears to be unrelated to the Abu Dhabi Center for Autism
Schools in the same area as NECC Abu Dhabi
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Falah School Abu Dhabi||K-10||Arabic, UAE, UK|
|Emirates Autism Center||April 2008||42,000|
|Emirates National School Abu Dhabi||September 2002||K-12||Arabic, UK, US||22,240-55,920||ENSAD reviews|
|Giggles English School||January 1984||primary||Arabic, Indian, UK|
|Happy Student School Abu Dhabi||primary||Arabic|
|Iranian School Abu Dhabi||1971||K-12||Iranian||2,900-3,100|
|Leens School and Kindergarten||primary||Indian||4,140|
|Our Own English High School Abu Dhabi||1990||K-10||Indian||3,300-6,700||OOEHSAD reviews|
|Polaris Private Academy||September 2011||K-12||Arabic, UAE||9,150-14,500|
|Wisdom High School||1988||K-10||Indian||7,000-11,000||WHS reviews|
Last update 26 August 2010
General comments - might not apply to NECC Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Special Needs schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.