Murdoch University Dubai
||Murdoch University Dubai
||Professor John Grainger (Pro-Vice Chancellor)
|Executive body or owner
||Global Institute Middle East (partners)
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|University location / area
||Block 10, 4th floor, Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) - location map
||PO Box 345005, Dubai, UAE
||MBA, MEd, BCom, BSc, Bachelors
||40,000-84,000 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Murdoch University Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about Murdoch University Dubai
Murdoch University Dubai (Murdoch University International Study Center Dubai) courses and programs
- Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma courses in Journalism, Public Relations, and Media Production - from August 2009
- Murdoch Dubai Pocket MBA - two day short course introduction to the Master of Business Administration program at Murdoch Dubai.
Bachelor degree programs
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in Accounting; Finance; Management; Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Environmental Management - from August 2009
- Bachelor of Media in Media Studies; Radio; Screen and Sound
- Bachelor of Mass Communication in Communication, Technology and Policy; Journalism – Print and Broadcasting; Public Relations
- Bachelor of Marketing and the Media
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc in IT) - from August 2009
Masters degree programs
- Masters in Human Resource Management - from August 2009
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Education (MEd) - start date January 2011, announced 22 June 2010
Murdoch Dubai honorary degrees awarded
- Shaikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, UAE Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research (April 2010)
21 August 2012
- Murdoch University Dubai website at dubai.murdoch.edu.au or www.murdochdubai.ac.ae (same website at both URLs). Previous domain www.murdochdubai.com forwards to new URL dubai.murdoch.edu.au.
- Contac email address updated to firstname.lastname@example.org. For admissions, email email@example.com. Previous email was firstname.lastname@example.org (unknown if still valid).
04 August 2010 - Murdoch University Dubai Pocket MBA (press release)
- The Murdoch Dubai Pocket MBA is a 2 day introduction to the MBA degree. Was on 02-03 August 2010, contact MUD for details of when next course will be held.
- Course is delivered in 6 seesions by Murdoch Business School lecturers and covers the basics of Accounting, Business Finance, Business Law, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management (HRM), International Business, Leadership, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, and Strategic Decision Making.
22 June 2010 - Master of Education at Murdoch University Dubai
- Murdoch University Dubai announced they would offer a Master of Education (MEd) program from January 2011 (press release 22 June 2010).
- Course will be held in evenings and on weekends, and will include a Special Project focusing on a curriculum taught in the UAE.
- Duration of MEd degree is one year (three trimesters / terms) but cost and fee information not supplied or found.
- An introductory Mentoring and Leadership Development seminar for the MEd program will be held on Monday 05 July 2010 at the Dubai Knowledge Village Conference Center.
08 June 2010
- Some Murdoch University Dubai contact details updated (email supplied). Previous fax number was +971-4-4264708, previous postal address was PO Box 502971, Dubai, UAE.
- There is also a Murdoch University office in India located at 312 E, Centrum Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Sector 53, Gurgaon, Haryana - 122003,
India. Telephone +91-124-4241541, fax +91-121-4241540.
04 November 2009
- First 11 MBA students at Murdoch University Dubai graduate. Dinner party was held on 25 October 2009.
- MU Dubai tuition fees appear to be unchanged from 2008-2009 (about 40,000-84,000 per year depending on course or program).
19 May 2009
- Student breakdown is approx 12 foundation students, 20 undergraduate students, 43 MBA students.
- MUD hopes to have about 100 undergraduates and total 250 students for academic year starting August 2009.
- Most students from India, others from Germany, Russia, UAE, UK.
- Information based on report in The National 19 May 2009.
04 March 2009
- Murdoch University International Study Center Dubai (MUISCD) plans to offer new courses from August 2009.
- New programs include
Bachelor of Environmental Management, Bachelor of Science (Information Technology), Masters in Human Resource Management, and Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma courses in Journalism, Public Relations, and Media Production.
- Murdoch University Dubai (MUD?) pro-vice chancellor is Professor John Grainger.
- Pro-Vice Chancellor name updated (previous information was Professor J Michael Innes as Dean / Pro-Vice Chancellor?
12 September 2008
- Full name is "Murdoch University International Study Centre Dubai"
- Other contact details are tel +971-4-3754522 (for admissions), email email@example.com, also tel +971-4-3754515. Fax number not confirmed.
- Domain www.murdochdubai.ae had the same information as www.murdochdubai.com but not now.
Last update 22 August 2012
General comments - might not apply to Murdoch University Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.