Mayoor Private School Abu Dhabi
||Mayoor Private School Abu Dhabi
|Type of institute
||private K-12 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
|Executive body or owner
|Expected opening date
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Al Wathba South - location map
||PO Box 7993, Abu Dhabi, UAE
|School fees structure
|Teacher salary range
||see general comments
Mayoor Private School Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi schools forum with a review or comment about this school
Mayoor Private School LLC Abu Dhabi (Mayo, Mayor School or College UAE) (MPSAD, MSAD, MPS-AUH, MS-AUH) tuition fees, general information
- Fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to firstname.lastname@example.org. One report (KT 06 July 2013) said fee range would be AED 12,000-20,000, which sounds optimistically low and might be a fee range for marketing purposes rather than the real fee range. MPS FAQs says "An affordable fee structure".
- Contact details (tel, fax), head's name not supplied. Please send updates to email@example.com.
- Curriculum offered will be the Indian CBSE syllabus for students from KG to Grade 12, but school will open initially to children in classes from KG to Grade 6 or 7?
- Facilities include (according to school information) cafeteria, cricket practice pitches, five-a-side football pitch, basketball courts (shaded), swimming pool (shaded, half-Olympic size), tennis courts (one with a/c), indoor martial arts hall, indoor sports room, mini-golf course, gymnasium, multipurpose hall, library, science labs, medical clinic.
- Bus transport available from Abu Dhabi city, Khalifa City A, Khalifa City B, Mussafah. Fees not supplied.
- Additional emails given as firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com but they might be typos - try firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if they don't work. Domains www.mayoourschoolabudhabi.com and www.mayoorschoolschool.com not available (last checked 01 August 2013).
- School location is Plot 24, AlWathba South area (Banyas-South Wathba or Baniyas-Al Wathba South). Near Baniyas Park on Abu Dhabi Al Ain Rd after MBZ City in direction Al Ain. GPS co-ordinates (approximate only) 24°16'13.44"N, 54°39'2.88"E (24.270401, 54.650799).
Teaching jobs at Mayoor School Abu Dhabi
- Salary scale not supplied, but Gulf News reported (31 July 2013) that He said the school will be offering the best wages to teachers in the industry, on par with international schools, referring to comments by Firoze Kapadia, Chief Financial Officer of Al Sayegh Brothers - the franchise holder for the school. Don't forget to add salt to your bowl of optimism.
31 July 2013 - Gulf News Xpress
- Registrations to start in September 2013 for April 2014 admissions. Initial enrolment capacity will be 800 students from KG to Grade 7 (previous reports said 1,500 students).
- School will be operated by Taalem National Private Education and Facilities Management Company under the Al Sayegh Brothers Trading Company (Abu Dhabi). Group Chairman, Abdul Jabber Al Sayegh has the franchise for the GCC region and plans to open more Mayo schools.
- Campus area is 22,000 square meters. Facilities include cricket, soccer and hockey grounds, tennis and basketball courts, mini golf or putting range, swimming pool, gymnasium, multi-purpose auditorium. But apparently no horse-riding - the report quoted Firoze Kapadia, Chief Financial Officer of Al Sayegh Brothers, as saying "The only activity from Mayo that we are not currently offering is horse-riding"
20 July 2013 - The National
- School opening date changed from April 2014? The National reported that "The first satellite of the college, Mayoor Private School, will open in Abu Dhabi next September", not clear if report meant September 2013 or 2014.
06 July 2013 - Khaleej Times
- School building construction started in July 2013, Phase I (KG to Grade 7) expected to be completed in March 2014, and Phase 2 (includes the high school building) expected to be completed by September 2014.
- Abu Dhabi Mayo School campus to be operated by Taalem National Private Education and Facilities Management Company (AlSayegh Brothers?).
- KT quoted Abdul Jabbar Al Sayegh, Chairman of Taalem, as saying "The fees will be between Dh12,000 and Dh20,000 annually depending on the year."
- Facilities will include art and music studios, learning resource rooms, laboratories and IT suites, multi-purpose auditorium and gymnasium with audience capacity of 1,000, swimming pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, cricket practice pitches, five-a-side soccer playing field.
21 June 2013 - The National
- According to a report in The National, the school "... plans to start admissions in September ...", presumably referring to September 2013, which sounds a bit unusual - Indian curriculum schools in the UAE usually start their academic year in April (and previous reports said the school would open in April 2014). Perhaps it meant that parents could start registering their children in September 2013 for April 2014 admission. Other information supplied in the report ...
- Total school capacity 2,500 students, with 1,500 students from nursery to grade 7 in its first year of operation, and classes up to grade 12 to be added in future years.
- Teaching staff of 90 in the first year, up to 200 eventually with a student-teacher ratio of 12:1.
- School to be managed by Taaleem Education and the Mayo College General Council (MCGC) in India, which manages the Mayo School in Ajmer (India), apparently referred to as the "Eton of India".
22 May 2013
- Mayoor School to open in April 2014, located in Baniyas area, according to a Gulf News Xpress report.
12 November 2012
- Mayoor Private School Abu Dhabi is a new Indian school being established in the UAE according to a job advertisement seen for a school principal.
- Expected or planned opening date of new school not given.
- Indian CBSE curriculum to be offered, levels KG to Grade XII.
- The Mayoor School will be established in collaboration with the Mayo College General Council (MCGC) in Ajmer (India), and Taaleem National Educational and Facilities Management LLC in the UAE.
- MCGC operates the well-known Mayo School (or College) in Ajmer, Rajasthan, India.
- For school principal applications, send CV with photograph and cover letter to the attention of the Administrative Officer, email address supplied as firstname.lastname@example.org. Odd email address - advertisement was from "People Source Management" (PSM) in Dubai, and contact email given in advertisement is not listed in PSM contact details. Closing date for applications is 22 November 2012.
- Previous reports said that there would be a Mayo School Abu Dhabi (or College) established in 2012 as a collaboration between Mayo College in India, the Tamil Association of Abu Dhabi, and Abdul Jhabar Ali of Abu Dhabi.
26 March 2011
Last update 01 August 2013