Manipal University Dubai
||Manipal University Dubai
||Dr Balasubramani Ramjee (Director)
|Executive body or owner
||ETA Network of Education and Training
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|University location / area
||Dubai International Academic City - location map
||PO Box 345050, Dubai, UAE
||BA, BBA, BE, BSc, MBA, MSc
||26,000-35,000 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Manipal University Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai universities forum
Manipal University courses and programs
Foundation Program (1 year)
Certificate Programs (1 year)
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Jewellery Design
- Media (with Whistling Woods in Mumbai)? Or Graphics and Multimedia?
- Textile Design & Creative Embroidery
Bachelors Degree Undergraduate Programs (3 years - maybe 4 for Engineering?)
- BA Media & Communications
- BA Fashion Design & Technology
- BA Interior Design
- BASLP Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (Allied Health Sciences)
- BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration
- BBA with University of Fraser Valley in BC, Canada
- BBM (eBanking and Finance) with University of Fraser Valley in BC, Canada
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Civil Engineering (new 2009?)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science (new for 2010?)
- BE Electronics & Communication Engineering (new 2009?)
- BE Instrumentation & Control Engineering (new 2009?)
- BE Mechanical Engineering (new 2009?)
- BE Mechatronics Engineering (new 2009?)
- BOT Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Allied Health Sciences)
- BPT Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Allied Health Sciences)
- Bachelor of Science (BS or BSc) in Animation (new for 2010?)
- BSc Biotechnology
- BSc Bioinformatics
- BSc Information Systems & Management
- Information Science with University of Fraser Valley in BC, Canada (under consideration?)
- Biotechnology with Lancaster University, UK
- Engineering degree with Lancaster University, UK
Masters Degree Postgraduate Programs (2 years)
- MA in Apparel Marketing & Merchandising Management
- MA in Interior Design
- MA in Media and Communications
- MBA (Media and Entertainment) with Whistling Woods International in Mumbai (press release 16 February 2010)
- MSc in Human Genetics and Forensic Science
- MSc Information Systems
- MSc Internet Systems & Security (changed to MSc in Information Systems?)
- MSc Medical Biotechnology
Manipal University Dubai tuition fee structure 2009-2010
- Most programs are AED 26,000, 34,000, or 35,000 per year. Payable in 4 instalments by post dated cheques (PDC).
- Application fee AED 100, registration fee AED 1000 or 1500, caution deposit AED 500 (refundable).
- Exam fees AED 50 per subject, except for engineering programs which are AED 500 per semester for examination charges.
- Student hostel accommodation costs AED 28,000 per year (includes food and transport), security deposit AED 500.
- Bus transport fee for Ajman, Dubai, or Sharjah is AED 350 per month but payable for a complete year.
- Student residence visa AED 1700 per year, or AED 2100 issue fee and AED 1500 for renewals (conflicting information seen).
Manipal University Dubai accreditation
22 October 2012 - Manipal University Dubai new campus opened (press release)
- Manipal University Dubai announced that their new campus was officially opened.
25 August 2011 - Manipal University Dubai new campus (press release)
- Manipal University moves to its new Dubai campus location. Contact details updated. Additional mobile phone numbers are +971-50-3482778, +971-56-6453446. Previous information was PO Box 500689 Dubai, telephone +971-4-3694540, fax +971-4-3694541. New fax number not supplied.
- New campus details and facilities: campus area 750,000 sq feet, "built-in space"
(?) 250,000 square feet for phase I, library and reading hall area 6,000 sq ft, indoor and outdoor sports arena, food court, wifi internet, covered parking.
- Phase II will include hostel facilities for students (expected completion date not supplied).
01 May 2011
30 May 2010
- Manipal University Dubai is building a new campus at Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) according to a Press Trust of India (PTI) news report announcing that the foundation stone had been laid by Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal on 25 May 2010 (or around then).
- A Gulf News report 30 May 2010 said the new campus would have an area of about 300,000 sq feet (28,000 sq meters). Phase I construction completion date expected to be May 2011 with capacity for 2000 students. Completion date for entire campus scheduled for 2013, with capacity for 5000 students.
- New / additional telephone number is +971-4-4291214. Email address updated (was firstname.lastname@example.org).
- MU Dubai domain www.mahedubai.com forwards to website at www.manipaldubai.com.
04 September 2009
- Manipal University Dubai now at Dubai International Academic City (was at Knowledge Village). Date of move was September 2006?
- Admission Office tel +971-4-4291214, Help Desk tel +971-4-3694540 according to MU Dubai website.
- Other sources have the following contact numbers for MUD: tel +971-4-3911988, +971-4-3694540, +971-4-3664580, fax +971-4-3694541.
- Additional email might be email@example.com.
- PO Box 50689 listed in some sources for Manipal Academy Dubai is for Double Star Trading LLC in Dubai. Looks like it might have been a typo instead of PO Box 500689 which is the correct one as far as we know.
- MU Dubai website gets a malware warning from Google when checked September 2009, and computer firewall gives an intrusion warning when website visit attempted. Appears to be no fees information, full contact details, or location map on website anyway.
- Manipal Dubai has a blog maintained by Media & Communications Department students at www.manipaldubaiblog.com.
- MU Dubai presumably is not related to the Sikkim Manipal University MBA courses in RAK.
21 April 2009 - new joint programs at Manipal Dubai with other universities overseas in Canada, India, and the UK
- MBA (M&E) in Media Management & Entertainment at Manipal University (MU) Dubai and Whistling Woods International Institute Ltd, Mumbai Film City. Specialisations in Broadcasting, Event Management, Film, New and Interactive Media. Conflicting locations given in press release for first year of study - "One year of training at Dubai" referring to the first year of the program, but later in the same press release - "The First Year of the Programme would be conducted at Manipal University's Campus in Bangalore".
- Certificate program in Media (6 months) from Whistling Woods possibly?
- BBM (eBanking and Finance) and BBA at Manipal Dubai and the University of Fraser Valley (UFV), British Columbia, Canada. UFV also has a campus in Chandigargh, India.
- Information Science program at Manipal Dubai and UFV under consideration.
- Biotechnology degree: year 1 at Manipal Dubai Biotechnology Department, years 2 & 3 at Lancaster University (LU), UK School of Health and Medicine.
- Engineering degree: years 1 & 2 at Manipal Dubai Engineering Department, years 3 & 4 at LU Faculty of Science and Technology.
13 December 2006
- Presumably Manipal Academy of Higher Education in Dubai (MAHE Dubai) name change to Manipal University Dubai (MUD), or Manipal University Dubai Campus (MUDC?) with effect from January 2007, as a result of MAHE mother institute in India name change from Manipal Academy to Manipal University.
- Other MAHE branches in Malaysia, Mangalore, Nepal, and Sikkim have similar name changes. Other MAHE international institutes or joint ventures possible in Mauritius (a medical and engineering college JV with a Sri Lankan college), and an Allied Health Sciences Institute in Dubai.
- MAHE India originally started as Kasturba Medical College in 1953 in Mangalore. It was granted deemed university status in India in 1993.
- MAHE Dubai founded in 2000? Moved to Dubai Knowledge Village for September 2003?
Last update 08 September 2011
General comments - might not apply to Manipal University Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.