Manchester Business School Dubai
||Manchester Business School Dubai
||Ms Randa Bessiso (Director)
|Executive body or owner
||MBS, University of Manchester, UK
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
private profit-making university
|University location / area
||Dubai Knowledge Village - location map
||PO Box 502907, Dubai, UAE
||www.mbs.ac.uk/dubai/ (new window)
||131,000-143,000 dhs per year (2011-2012)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Comments about Manchester Business School Dubai
Add a comment or review about Manchester Business School Dubai
MBS Worldwide Middle East Executive MBA courses and programs
- Global MBA (new for September 2009)
- MBA in Construction
- MBA in Engineering Business Management
- MBA for Finance Managers and Finance Professionals
23 October 2011
- Manchester Business School Dubai information update (email supplied): New telephone +971-4-4468664 (previously +971-4-3658313), new fax +971-4-4468665 (previously +971-4-3604505), new email address email@example.com (previously firstname.lastname@example.org), new website www.mbs.ac.uk/dubai/ (forwards to uae.portals.mbs.ac.uk) (previously www.mbs-worldwide.ac.uk - unavailable now).
11 July 2010
- The Middle East International Executive Centre of Manchester Business School (MBS) has been awarded Registered CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Provider Status by The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) (press release 11 July 2010).
- MBS can now offer CPD programmes to ACCA members and students, and the Manchester MBA program can can contribute CPD credits for ACCA members.
02 August 2009
- Press release from Manchester Business School Dubai (MBSD / MBS Dubai / MBS Middle East) says total number of MBA students enrolled is over 600, including 125 new students in July 2009.
- MBSW MBA Programs are "Blended Learning" (sort of like Distance Learning) programs and take 3 years to complete but can be extended to 5 years.
- MBS Dubai students receive a degree from the University of Manchester, the same certificate as full-time students at the UK location.
- Course fees are £17,600 (accelerated programs) to £18,600 (standard programs) made up of £16,000 to £17,000 tuition fees plus £1,600 project fees (about AED 106,000-112,000 using conversion rate of about 6:1). Fees information assumed to be valid for 2009-2010 academic year.
- MBS Dubai websites at dubai.mbs-worldwide.ac.uk, www.mbs-worldwide.ae, www.mbs-worldwide.ac.uk/global_network/middle_east.asp. Some sources have www.mbs-worldwide.ac.uk/middleeast but that returns a page not found error when checked.
- Other MBS centers are in Brazil, the Caribbean, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Shanghai, Singapore
16 April 2008
- Correct name is 'Manchester Business School Worldwide'. The MBS website says the Dubai branch is the 'Middle East Center'.
- Contact details updated (previously was tel +971-4-3370200 & fax +971-4-3370200).
- MBS Dubai office location is Office F05, Block 6, Dubai Knowledge Village, UAE.
- Email received from MBS says they offer Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) also.
07 September 2006
- Manchester Business School Worldwide (MBSW) is Manchester Business School's (MBS) international operation - part of The University of Manchester.
- Mobile tel is +971-50-5515975, landline +971-4-3370200 might be fax only.
- September 2006 student number (100) is for distance learning students currently enrolled.
- The Knowledge Village location is not really a University Campus but the Middle East Centre for the Distance Learning program 'MBA for Financial Managers and Finance Professionals' from MBS, also MBA for Engineering and Construction professionals.
- A DBA program is available also.
- Fees given are for accelerated two year option and approximate (AED 42,000-52,000). Full cost of MBA is £13,400 to £14,400.
- MBS is ranked 22nd worldwide according to the FT (Financial Times), 3rd in the UK and 7th in Europe.
- MBS has accreditation from AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS.
- Middle East Administrator is Jocelyne Haddad, email email@example.com.
Last update 22 December 2011
General Comments - might not apply to Manchester Business School Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.