Mahatma Gandhi University Dubai in Ras Al Khaimah
||Mahatma Gandhi University Dubai
|Executive body or owner
||Sudhir Gopi Holdings
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|University location / area
|| location map
||Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
||MBA, BBA, BCom, BSc
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Comments about Mahatma Gandhi University Dubai
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Ras Al Khaimah universities forum
Mahatma Gandhi University UAE (UEIT College of Management Technology) degree courses and programs list
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFT)
- Bachelor of Science in Computing (BSc)
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies (BTS)
- MBA in Human Resources
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Marketing
03 June 2012
- MGU-Dubai or RAK is closed? A GN report said that all Sudhir Gopi Holdings institutes in the UAE had closed, reporting comments from Dubai Police that specifically named the Mahatma Gandhi University Off Campus Centre.
- MGU-Dubai/RAK (UAE) website still has information though, but no obvious reference to Sudhir Gopi or the apparent closure of the institute, so it's not clear what the story really is. Website appears to have been substantially revised in May 2012.
- Location is given as Mahathma Gandhi University Off Campus Centre,
Aminity Centre, RAKIA,
Al Jazeera, Ras Al Khaima,
United Arab Emirates.
- MGU-UAE website says the MGU (in India) has the following affiliations (none confirmed):
- University Grants Commission (UGC) - recognized
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) - accredited
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU) - member
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) - member
- A message from the Academic Head on the MGU-Dubai website dated 01 May 2012 says "It gives me immense pleasure to invite you to the reputed Mahatma Gandhi University Off Campus Centre, RAK (UEIT), this comes under one of the largest and most renowned Government Universities of India, the Mahatma Gandhi University." Name of Academic Head not supplied. The reference to UEIT presumably is the UEIT (Universal Empire Institute of Technology in RAK) which is (or was) also an SG Group Holding company (which now appears to be closed, and had some problems with IGNOU in India).
- Contact details of MGU were (or still are?) tel +971-7-2432421 (also +971-7-2432420 according to website), website www.mgudxboc.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org (also email@example.com according to website).
13 December 2010
- Emarat Al Youm, a UAE based Arabic newspaper, reported that the KHDA cancelled the commercial and academic licenses of MGU, along with two other institutes in Dubai - UEIMS Medical Science University, and International Institute for Management and Technology. Emirates Business 24-7 reported that Mohammed Darwish of the KHDA said the authority had to cancel the licenses of these universities as their programmes did not match the quality of education followed by their mother university.
- An anonymous official was reported as saying "The KHDA wants the UAE campus to be directly handled by the University authorities. But the Kerala government is not willing to do so, ... MG University has been issuing graduation certificates to all our students."
21 September 2010
- Mahatma Gandhi University Dubai moved to Ras Al Khaimah. Website lists it as the UEIT College of Management Technology RAK but still lists Dubai contact information.
- Date of change and new contact information not supplied. Khaleej Times report 21 September 2010 said MGU was one of 2 universities
did not meet the requirements of the UQAIB and KHDA for branch campus operation in Dubai, and that
An enquiry revealed that the university is still attending calls for enrollments at its Dubai office but will be shifting by the end of the month to the new campus.
- Previous contact details were 3rd Floor, Block 11, Dubai International Academic City (DIAC), tel +971-4-4389630, PO Box 30948, Dubai, UAE. New telephone number in RAK not supplied.
23 May 2009
- Mahatma Gandhi University Dubai (MGU / MGUD) is related to the Universal Empire Institute of Technology Dubai?
- MGUD moved from Dubai Knowledge Village (DKV) to DIAC. Previous DKV contact details telephone +971-4-3902981, location block 3.
- Other DIAC contact details telephone +971-4-3753495, mobile +971-50-2114836, +971-50-5593897.
- Student visas arranged.
- Transport available from other emirates including Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
- Bachelor degree programs and courses offered include BBA, BCA, BCom, BFT (Fashion), BSc (Computer Science), BTS (Tourism)
- Master's degree programs include MBA
22 August 2006
- Full name is "Mahatma Gandhi University Off-Campus Center".
- GN advertisement says they offer a weekend MBA, also BCom, BBM, BBA, BCA, BTS (Tourism), BSc (Computer Science).
- Not seen in list of MOHESR accredited universities and colleges (accreditation is not requried for free zone universities).
Last update 09 July 2012
General Comments - might not apply to Mahatma Gandhi University Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.