London Business School Dubai
||London Business School Dubai
||Professor Naufel Vilcassim (Dubai Faculty Director)
|Executive body or owner
||London Business School
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|University location / area
||DIFC Gate Village, building 2, level 3 - location map
||PO Box 506630, Dubai, UAE
||www.london.edu (new window)
||216,000 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Comments about London Business School Dubai
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai universities forum
20 November 2010 - London Business School Executive MBA Scholarship (press release)
- London Business School is offering a scholarship for 50% off the Executive MBA course fees to a national or resident of an Arab League country for the January 2011 EMBA intake.
- Deadline for applications is Wednesday 24 November 2010, and all successful EMBA applicants will automatically be considered for the scholarship award.
25 January 2010
- The London Business School MBA program is ranked number one in the Financial Times 2010 Global MBA Rankings. The LBS MBA has been in the top ten of the FT rankings since 2001 (LBS press release 25 January 2010).
23 January 2010
- Graduation ceremony held for 78 graduates awarded the
Dubai-London Executive MBA degrees, the second batch of Dubai graduates.
Sheikh Maktoum Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and President of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) attended.
- Faculty Director according to the WAM news report is
Professor Naufel Vilcassim. Previous information was Professor Zeger Degraeve as Dubai Faculty Director. Date of change unknown.
18 April 2009
- The LBS Dubai Center is more properly called "Dubai Centre - London Business School" and is part of the DIFC Education Centre.
- The Dubai-London Executive MBA (EMBA) is a 17-20 month program offered in conjunction with the Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), intended for managers, executives, entrepreneurs who have already graduated and have been working for several years.
- Students attend courses in both Dubai and London. The 12 core courses are delivered in Dubai, once a month over a 4 day period (except for one which is delivered in London). Core courses are
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Decision and Risk Analysis
- Developing Effective Managers and Organisations
- Financial and Management Accounting (bleah!)
- Operations and Technology Management
- Understanding General Management
- Students complete 6 to 8 elective courses, most of them held in London, choosing from:
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Brand Management
- Capital Markets and Financing
- European Financial Markets
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financing the Entrepreneurial Business
- International Finance
- Managing Corporate Turnarounds
- Paths to Power
- Project Management
- Strategies for Growth
- World Economy: Problems and Prospects
- Students are also required to complete an individual management report, a group study project (optional?), a one week international assignment, a 4 day skills module, and a capstone course (which you still have to do even if you know what a capstone is).
- Total course fees of US$88,200 (AED 324,000) include tuition, books, hotel accommodation for the international assignment but not airfares to London. Annual course fees estimated from AED 324,000 / 18 months.
Last update 22 February 2010
General Comments - might not apply to London Business School Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Dubai and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for lecturers too)
- UQAIB - a quality assurance agency to licence free zone colleges and universities in Dubai
Related websites (new window)