[Closed] Little Flower Private School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Little Flower Private School in Abu Dhabi
|School name||Little Flower Private School|
|Type of institute||private primary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||Montessori, CBSE|
|Head of school||Mary Thomas (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)||650|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Dhafra, Al Dhafrah - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 8105, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Telephone||closed Apr 2014|
|School fees structure||2,900-2,975 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||see general comments|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Little Flower Private School admissions, reviews, notes
Little Flower Private School reviews - add yours here.
Little Flower Private School Abu Dhabi (LFPS) (Little Flower English School, Little Flower Indian School) tuition fees, general information
LFPS is not the same as or related to the Indian School in Abu Dhabi (ADIS).
Little Flower Private School closed in March 2014. Please tell us if this information is incorrect. Update 13 Mar 2014 (Khaleej Times): a new private school will open in an unused government school building provided by ADEC for students from LFPS and the Indian Islahi Islamic School (also closing). Details of new school name, fees, location map not provided. ADEC plans to open the school by mid-April 2014 in MBZ City, with places for up to 2,000 students. Parents and students were reportedly notified at the start of March 2014. Update: see the Shining Star International School in Mussafah - is a new Indian school for students from LFPS.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||2,900||2,900||2,600||2,600||2,600||2,600||2,600||2,900||2,975||2,975|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||2,900||2,900||2,600||2,600||2,600||2,600||2,600||2,900||2,975||2,975|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||7,000||15,000|
- [Check] 2014-2015 fee structure supplied by ADEC, however LFPS is not listed in ADEC directory, and is closed as far as we know. Fee schedule might be an error.
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not confirmed (04 Feb 2014). Books AED 200-350, bus transport AED 1,000, uniforms AED 200. Maximum fees permitted by ADEC.
- 2011-2012 admission, registration, tuition fees information not supplied.
- 2010-2011 annual fees approximately AED 7,000-15,000? Registration fee AED 300 or 500? Information and year of validity not confirmed, source unknown.
- 2007-2008 annual fees from about AED 2,000 (not confirmed)?
- Additional email addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (old).
- Establishment date not supplied (might be 1986, not confirmed), owner's name, number of staff, teacher salaries and benefits information not supplied.
- Telephone number +971-2-6427751 or +971-2-6427750? Both nos seen, unclear which one is correct but probably +971-2-642 7751.
- LFPS offers an Indian curriculum for classes KG to Grade 8, starting at nursery kindergarten preschool level. Offers Montessori (not confirmed) and/or CBSE curriculum?
- Might also be called Little Flowers Indian School, Little Flower English School. Not related to the Little Flower Indian School in Dubai.
- Official website not supplied or found. Some Facebook pages found but none that appear to be official, or even very useful:
- facebook.com/L.F.P.S.ABUDHABI - mostly comments and photos, says it is a fan page, not an official school page. At least it's reasonably up to date.
- facebook.com/pages/little-flower-private-schoollfps/164257207694 - very little posted, doesn't look like an official page (no school info), not updated since 2011.
- facebook.com/pages/Little-Flower-Private-School-Abu-Dhabi/129454637114549 - not a page, is auto-generated FB spam.
- Has a connection to Noah's Ark Kindergarten in Abu Dhabi (same owners perhaps)?
- Location map and route directions not supplied. LFPS is opposite Al Falah Plaza shopping mall near corner of Al Falah St (Old Passport Rd, 9th St) and New Airport Rd (Muroor Rd, 4th St) in Al Dhafrah district (corner 2nd and 3rd streets?) (nowhere near the Al Falah Community). Next to Leens School Abu Dhabi? Or in the mosque next to Al Falah Plaza according to the UAE Yellow Pages (but that's probably not correct). Some sources put LFPS in the Al Wahdah district - off Muroor Rd, near or next to Al Wahda Mall (in the Abu Dhabi bus or taxi station according to their maps, or the Al Nahyan Stadium)?
- GPS coordinates 24°28'43.56"N, 54°22'19.85"E (24.478768,54.372180) (approximate only, not checked).
17 November 2014
- Contact information removed from table: Tel +971-2-6427751, fax +971-2-6427752.
07 February 2014
- A GN report said the school was still closing in March 2014, but said the new Indian ambassador, T.P. Seetharam, would seek clarification on the expected closure of some schools by the end of the 2013-2014 academic year. Unclear exactly what clarification he is seeking, and when he will do that - ADEC already said LFPS would close in March 2014. Perhaps the ambassador is just trying to delay dealing with the issue until April 2014 when it won't matter to him anymore because the school will be closed.
02 October 2013
- More information about LFPS attempts to find a new location reported in the Gulf News (with the correct closure date this time), saying the principal had said they had submitted five applications to ADEC since 2009 for a new school but all were rejected. And quoting her as saying "We have been desperately trying to find an investor and have a new school. We were, and still are, optimistic about finding a solution."
- But GN didn't or couldn't get any relevant comments from ADEC. So it looks like the school is still closing and not moving to new premises as far as ADEC is concerned.
30 September 2013
- A Gulf News report about the closure of Little Flowers Private School quoted the principal, Mary Thomas, as saying "Our humble request to the parents is to have a little more patience [as] there is absolutely no need to panic or run around looking for seats before March 2013. When the ADEC has taken this decision, I'm sure the ADEC will help [pupils] to get into Indian [curriculum] schools after March, or will make alternative arrangements to accommodate the displaced students into schools with Indian [curriculum]" ...
- ... which sounds somewhat optimistic of her, and a bit out of date - we assume she meant March 2014 when she said March 2013 (or the GN misquoted her). Nevertheless, although ADEC seems committed to closing villa schools, assisting villa schools wanting to relocate, or helping education providers in Abu Dhabi with real plans (not just talk) to open new schools; it appears that it is expecting a bit much of ADEC to help individual parents and families to relocate their students on a case by case basis. ADEC seems to leave the job of finding a school place, and registering students (and paying the fees) up to parents themselves. And given the difficulty in finding school places for children in Abu Dhabi (especially those wanting an Indian school with low fees), there probably is actually a "need to panic or run around looking for seats". Maybe what Ms Thomas reportedly said isn't what she meant ...
02 July 2013 - Little Flower School closing (ADEC press release)
- Little Flowers School will be closed by the Abu Dhabi education council (ADEC) in March 2014 as part of the ADEC villa schools closures.
- No information supplied about plans (if there are any) for relocation or a new campus building. Some comments seen a few years ago about moving to a new location in Musaffah or Mohamed Bin Zayed City (MBZ City) but might have just been talk with no action, or speculative rumours, which might go some way to explaining why ADEC has imposed a closing date on the school.
- No website supplied or found. Some Facebook pages found (but none useful):
- Little Flower Facebook page at facebook.com/L.F.P.S.ABUDHABI with photos and videos, says they are a fan page, not an official LFPS page.
- Another LFPS FB page at facebook.com/pages/little-flower-private-schoollfps/164257207694 (doesn't look official, rarely updated anyway)
- And facebook.com/pages/Little-Flower-Private-School-Abu-Dhabi/129454637114549 has no information.
19 March 2010
- Little Flower Indian School has a waiting list of 600+ students, and is at full capacity of 650 pupils, according to a report in The National 19 March 2010.
10 January 2010 review
- Little Flower nursery school and primary school possibly relocating to Mussafah/Musaffah (or perhaps MBZ City), and expanding from KG to Grade 12 high school level? Curriculum expansion to US and CBSE? Unconfirmed, comments seen in discussion forums, might be speculation or hope rather than a real proposal or plan.
17 March 2009 review
- Little Flower Private School (LFPS) is a villa school with small rooms (The National 17 March 2009).
- Another email email@example.com seen. No website supplied or found.
- Another fax number seen is +971-2-6425994 (old information?), and tel +971-2-6427750.
- Also called "Little Flower Pvt Sch", "Little Flower Pvt School", "Little Flower Model School", or "Little Flower Indian School"
- LFPS also runs the Noah's Ark Daycare Abu Dhabi?
- Not related to the Little Flower Academy in Vancouver (LFA) (Catholic girls high school).
Last update 17 November 2014
- Indian schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.