Latifa School for Girls in Dubai
||Latifa School for Girls
|Type of institute
||government non-profit K-12 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
||UAE, Islamic, UK
|Qualifications or Courses
||AS, A-level, GCSE
|Head of school
||Ms Debra Forsyth (Headmistress)
|Executive body or owner
||Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Founder)
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Nad Al Sheba 1 - location map
||PO Box 11533, Dubai, UAE
||www.lsg.sch.ae (new window)
|School fees structure
|Teacher salary range
||13,000-17,000 dhs per month (2006-2007)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
Latifa School for Girls admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Dubai school reviews forum with comments about this school.
Latifa School for Girls Dubai tuition fee structure, general information
Government school, no fees charged.
- Website URL www.latifaschool.co.ae not available. Email address firstname.lastname@example.org might no longer be valid also.
- Location is Nadd Al Sheba (Nad Al Shiba), near the Ruler's Palace.
School calendar UAE - term dates, holidays 2014-2015
||Semester 1 - Autumn Term
||Semester 2 - Spring Term
||Semester 3 - Summer Term
|First day of term
||31 Aug 2014, Sun
||04 Jan 2015, Sun
||12 Apr 2015, Sun
|Last day of term
||18 Dec 2014, Thu
||26 Mar 2015, Thu
||25 Jun 2015, Thu
- School calendar dates for 2014-2015 announced 24 Mar 2014 by the UAE Ministry of Education (MOE).
Latifa School heads or principals (dates not confirmed)
- Ms Debra Forsyth (also seen written as Deborah Foresyth) - from Sep 2010 to present. Was Deputy Head at Latifa School before that.
- Ms Carol M Green (Headmistress) (also seen written as Carol Greene) - to Sep 2010.
Teaching jobs at Latifa School for Girls
- Benefits include tax-free salary, accommodation and utilities allowance, annual air ticket, medical insurance, gratuity. Details of amounts and pay range not provided but are fairly generous compared to most schools in the UAE.
- Most teachers are British nationality, British qualified, or both. Arab teachers are employed for Arabic and Islamic Studies. Interviews held in Dubai or London.
- Send CV, application letter, contact details of two professional references, to email@example.com. For the attention of the Headmistress (put her name - check you have the correct name).
23 February 2008 review
- Majority of students are UAE nationals, predominantly from Dubai's ruling and other well-known families. Student intake restricted to UAE nationals at present although in the past, other nationalities have been accepted - for example children of staff.
- Students study in English (except for Arabic and Islamic Studies). Some IGCSE courses also offered in addition to British GCSE curriculum.
- All fees, costs for books and materials, etc are covered by the Dubai government. School is very well resourced.
- Good salaries and benefits packages for teachers.
- Staff politics can be a bit trying (probably about the same as most schools). Staff are expected to be more circumspect in their behaviour both in and outside school compared to many other private schools. Male teachers are not employed.
- Headmistress is an overseas member of the GSA, and member of the BSME.
Schools in or near Nad Al Sheba 1 close to Latifa School for Girls
Last update 18 January 2012
General comments - might not apply to Latifa School for Girls
- Many popular schools are full for 2018-2019. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.