Thursday 16 July 2020 (UAE)
Jumeirah Primary School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Jumeirah Primary School in Dubai
|School name||Jumeirah Primary School|
|Type of institute||private profit-making primary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||NC|
|Head of school||Stephen J Chynoweth (Principal, CEO)|
|Executive body or owner||GEMS Education, Varkey Group|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Safa, Jumeirah 3 - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 29093, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||32,775-41,315 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||7,400 - 10,800 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Jumeirah Primary School admissions, reviews, notes
Jumeirah Primary School reviews - add yours here.
GEMS Jumeirah Primary School (JPS) tuition fee structure and information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||32,775||41,315||41,315||41,315||41,315||41,315||41,315||41,315|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||30,920||38,976||38,976||38,976||38,976||38,976||38,976||38,976|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||27,608||34,800||34,800||34,800||34,800||34,800||34,800||34,800|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2006-2007||23,800||30,000||30,000||30,000||30,000||30,000||30,000||30,000|
- 2009-2010 registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable, was previously AED 600). Admission fee of AED 2000 mentioned in previous years but might not apply for 2009-2010? Fees payable in 3 instalments. Payment for terms 1 and 2 about 40%-50% higher than payment for term 3.
- 2007-2008 fee range AED 27,608-34,800. Additional registration fee of AED 500. Admission fee still AED 2,000?
- 2006-2007 registration fee AED 500 or 600? Admission fee AED 2,000.
- Location of JPS: in Al Safa area, between Jumeirah 3 and Sheikh Zayed Road.
16 May 2010
- The JPS Starbucks coffee shop is not open, nor is it going to open after parents complained about the idea according to a report in 7 Days newspaper which quoted a spokesperson from Starbucks as saying "Feed-back indicates that the outlet is unlikely to materialise and we are happy to support the community and its wishes."
- The decision did not appear to have a negative effect on the share price of Starbucks in the USA.
12 May 2010 - Starbucks in JPS
- GEMS Jumeirah Primary School (JPS) has a Starbucks coffee shop and cafe in the reception area (ref: 12 May 2010 report in The National newspaper).
- Opening date unknown, but it is a trial run according to a newsletter sent to parents of children at JPS.
- Mixed reports of what parents think - some are happy for somewhere to have a coffee while waiting for the children. Some are unhappy "voicing concerns about the security, health and ethical implications" according to the report. Those concerns were addressed in the letter to parents dated 29 April 2010.
- The school said security systems had been revised, the coffee shop would not sell muffins or doughnuts, and children could only visit the shop when accompanied by an adult. Unknown if the school requires that the adult be the child's parent or guardian.
- Nothing seen reported about what students think.
29 August 2009
- JPS website at www.jumeirahprimaryschool.com and www.jpsdubai.com for email, elearning, information.
- Head's name updated, previously was Mrs Mel Curtis (Executive CEO and Principal), who moved to the GEMS Wellington International Dubai School as Principal and CEO. Change announced March 2009 for September 2009.
- Current principal, Mr Stephen Chynoweth, was previously Headteacher at The Tyrrells School, Chelmsford, UK. Started at JPS as Head of School in September 2008, looks like he got the grander title for September 2009.
- A JPS concerned parents' blog at jpsdubaiconcernedparents.blogspot.com looks interesting but appears to have been abandoned in October 2008 (maybe the complaints were resolved, or the parents took their kids to another school).
30 June 2007 review
- Jumeirah Primary School (JPS) is popular and highly regarded by British expats, even if it is a GEMS school (GEMS cops their fair share of flak from parents and teachers for being a profit making organisation). Most staff and students at JPS are British.
- Also called Jumeirah International Primary School but not often.
- Headmistress until 2005 was Jane Adams, after which she moved to Sheikh Zayed Academy for Girls in Abu Dhabi.
- Principal Mr Stuart J Dennis moved to the GWA Dubai School (GEMS World Academy or School) for September 2007.
- Current head, Mel Curtis, started August/September 2007 (was previously Headteacher at Churwell Primary School in Leeds, Great Britain).
- Domain www.jpsdubai.com expired June 2007.
Schools in the same area as Jumeirah Primary School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Anwaar Kindergarten||UAE|
|Al Ittihad Private School Jumeirah||1998||K-12||Arabic, US||21,584-44,039|
|English College Dubai||1992||K-12||UK||51,600-61,800||ECD reviews|
|Jumeirah English Speaking School||1975||primary||UK||32,045-40,165|
|Senses Dubai||Support Services|
Last update 14 July 2014
General comments - might not apply to Jumeirah Primary School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.