Saturday 11 July 2020 (UAE)
JSS International School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
JSS International School in Dubai
|School name||JSS International School|
|Type of institute||private primary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE, ISCE|
|Head of school||James Richard (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||JSS Education Foundation, JSS Mahavidyapeetha|
|Date founded||March 2009|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Barsha South - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 37232, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.jssisdubai.com (new window)|
|School fees structure||13,000-33,920 dhs per year (2015-2016)|
|Teacher salary range||4,500 dhs per month (2013-2014)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
JSS International School admissions, reviews, notes
JSS International School reviews - add yours here.
JSS International School Dubai (JIS, JSSIS) tuition fees and general information
- See also JSS International School in Al Safa, a different school from JSS IS in Al Barsha. And possibly also JSS Academy in JVC (status unknown).
|Annual tuition fees 2015-2016 (AED)||13,000||14,070||14,070||16,880||16,880||16,880||16,880||19,690||19,690||22,500||22,500||26,480||26,480||30,520||33,920|
|Annual tuition fees 2013-2014 (AED)||13,133||13,133||15,759||15,759||15,759||15,759||18,836||18,836||21,012||21,012||24,720||24,720||28,500||28,500|
|Annual tuition fees 2011-2012 (AED)|
|Annual tuition fees 2010-2011 (AED)||12,750||12,750||15,300||15,300||15,300||15,300||17,850||17,850||20,400||20,400|
|Monthly fees (10 mths) (AED)||1275||1275||1530||1530||1530||1530||1785||1785||2040||2040|
|Annual fees 2009-2010 (AED)||12,000||12,000||20,000||20,000|
- 2015-2016 bus transport charges (annual, payable termly or monthly) AED 5,000-5,500 for most of Dubai, AED 6,000 for Deira, AED 7,000 for Sharjah.
- 2014-2015 fees schedule not provided.
- 2013-2014 fee range AED 13,133-28,500. Fees can be paid per year, per term, per month (10 months per year, Jul and Aug excluded). Bus transportation costs AED 4500-5500 (annual) in Dubai, AED 6500 from Sharjah.
- 2010-2011 registration admission fee AED 500, medical fee AED 100 (annual). Bus transport charge AED 4500-5500 (annual) depending on location within Dubai, or AED 450-550 per month. Annual fees can be paid in three (inequal) instalments? Larger instalment paid for term 2.
- Additional telephone numbers (mobile) are Reception +971-50-6338123 or +971-55-3252818, Admission enquiries +971-50-6338253.
- Location: Hessa St, near Al Khail Road interchange, Al Barsha South. Behind Al Barsha Police Station and other side of Hessa St from Jumeirah Village Circle.
23 March 2016
- Additional email addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
27 February 2014
- Principal of JSS-IS is James Richard. Previous head reported as Anthony Joseph. Date of change not provided.
- Contact numbers updated. New phone number +971-4-325 6886 (old number +971-4-3612917). New fax number +971-4-325 6889 (old number +971-4-3688970). Date of change not provided.
27 February 2011
- Principal's name given as Anthony Joseph in a report in The National newspaper. And headmistress named as Nita Maitra (previously at the Apple School in Dubai?). But JSS Int School website only lists Mr. B. N. Betkerur (as the Director). Previous information was that Geetha Basavaraja was the principal.
- CEO of J. S. S. International School is Guruswami Kalloor.
31 January 2010 review
- Senior secondary school grades scheduled to be introduced by academic year 2012-2013.
- Fees information updated from JSS website information (previous figures for 2009-2010 were AED 15,000-24,000 less 20% discount).
- Gulf News reported 14 January 2010 that JSS would be offering ICSE curriculum from April 2010: "JSS International School - has said it too will start teaching the ICSE system from April onwards."
23 November 2009 review
- JSS International School was reportedly applying to the Dubai KHDA for approval to offer the CISCE (ISCE) curriculum (Gulf News 23 November 2009). At present, the Dubai Modern High School in Nad Al Sheba is the only Indian curriculum school offering ISCE in Dubai.
01 April 2009 review
- JSS International Private School official opening was on 30 March 2009, attended by A P J Abdul Kalam (ex-president of India), Dr Hanif Hassan Ali (UAE Minister of Education), Venu Rajamony (consul general of India in Dubai), and several other dignitaries.
- JSS is a day boarding school according to reports of its opening ceremony.
- Principal's name is Geetha Basavarja (Geeta Basavaraha)?
- Capacity of school is 1250 students
- Telephone and fax numbers on JSS IS website are also for JSS Academy in Dubai Knowledge Village.
- Skip intro on school website to get non-flash version (faster loading and more information).
- 20% discount on fees due to "economic meltdown" according to JSSIS website - means fee range of AED 12,000-20,000. Add 200-400 dhs annual books & uniform fees, 200-300 dhs extra-curricular fees, 100 dhs medical fee, 500 dhs admission fee.
- School has an insurance policy to cover fees for an academic year if parents are unable to pay (Khaleej Times report 29 March 2009).
Other JSS schools in the UAE and India
- JSS International School Bangalore (JSS Public School)
- JSS International School Naida (JSS Public School)
- JSS International School Ooty
- JSS Private School in Al Safa, Dubai.
Schools in or near Al Barsha South close to JSS International School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Kings School Al Barsha||September 2014||K-12||UK||50,200-103,200||KSAB reviews|
Last update 23 March 2017
General comments - might not apply to JSS International School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.