International Private School Al Ain
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
International Private School Al Ain
|School name||International Private School Al Ain|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UAE, Arabic, Islamic|
|Qualifications or Courses||MOE|
|Head of school||Dr Makarim Mobarak (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)||900|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Near Al Jahili Park|
|Postal address||PO Box 16403, Al Ain, UAE|
|School fees structure||4,000-11,880 dhs per year (2012-2013)|
|Teacher salary range||3,100 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
International Private School Al Ain admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Al Ain school reviews forum with comments about this school.
International Private School Al Ain (IPSAA or IPS AA) tuition fee structure, reviews and general information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013|
|Tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013 new students||4,000||4,500||5,500||6,000||6,500||7,500||7,500||8,500||9,000||9,500||9,500||10,000||10,500||11,000|
|Tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013 other students||4,620||5,280||5,940||6,600||7,260||7,920||8,580||9,240||9,900||10,560||11,220||11,880|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012|
|ADEC approved fees (AED) 2011-20121||4,000||4,500||5,500||6,000||6,500||7,500||7,500||8,500||9,000||9,500||9,500||10,000||10,500||11,000|
|ADEC approved fees (AED) 2011-20122||3,780||4,200||4,800||5,400||6,000||6,600||7,200||7,800||8,400||9,000||9,600||10,200||10,800|
- Fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to email@example.com.
- 2012-2013 - maximum fees permitted according to ADEC infomation. Registration fee AED 500, book charges AED 300-800, bus transport AED 2,000 (unclear if per term or per year), uniform costs AED 180-360. For "other students", fees apply to students from Al Amal School G1-G7, International Private School G1-G12, Zahrat Al Madain school G1-G6? But those schools closed in June 2011?
- 2011-2012 - maximum fees permitted according to ADEC information for IPS in the Al Sarooj building. See notes 1 and 2.
- Website domain not supplied, contact details not confirmed. Some sources have email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ADEZ contact details tel +971-3-7674844, fax +971-3-7674843, PO Box 16403 Al Ain UAE. Supplied GPS coordinates (unconfirmed) 24°12'50.76"N, 55°45'10.07"E (24.2141, 55.7528) - which appear to be incorrect since that puts the school inside Al Jaheli Park. Location also given as Al Sarooj in ADEC information.
- IPS established in 1987 by Mr Ghanim, with 170 students, in Oud Al Tawba district. Moved to Al Jahilih district (Al Jahli, Al Jalih, Al Jahili) location in 1990?
- Maximum fees approved by ADEC (June 2011?), not confirmed, but are fees for new students. Registration fee AED 500, text book charges AED 300-800, bus transport AED 2,000, uniform costs AED 180-360.
- Fees for IPC students re-enrolling for 2011-2012 are slightly lower (by about AED 200-1500 depending on grade).
International Private Schools in Al Ain
... in name rather than in education - Al Ain is not the global center of international private education despite the number of schools calling themselves international. Treat the word "international" as meaningless in a school's name in the UAE. There are many schools with an international ethos, student body, curriculum, teaching staff which are highly regarded (and usually expensive), but without the word "international" in the name. And there are other schools with the word "international" in the name which are anything but, in whatever way you look at them, and they are varying degrees of unappealing to anyone except for the particular nationality or curriculum they cater to - for example American, British, Emirati, French, German, Indian, Iranian, Lebanese, Philippines, etc. Some of the "international" schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain are:
- Abu Dhabi International Private School (ADIPS) - in Abu Dhabi City, not Al Ain. School for Emiratis, Arab Muslim expats wanting US, UK, or IB education in English, not a western or international expat school.
- Al Ain International School (AAIS) - different school from IPS Al Ain. Primary school, British curriculum for British expats. Not an international school.
- Al Ain International Private School (AAIPS) - not a real school, just a different name for IPS-Al Ain.
- Al Ansar International Private School (AAIPS). In Sharjah, not Al Ain. Is an Islamic school for Emiratis and Arab expats wanting UK curriculum. Not an international school.
- Al Khalil International Private School (AKIPS). In Al Ain, not an international school. Private Islamic school offering UAE MOE curriculum for Emiratis and Arab expats.
- Al Manhal International Private School (AMIPS) - in Abu Dhabi city, not Al Ain. Private Islamic school for Emiratis and Arab expats.
- Al Ma'arifa International Private School (AMIPS) (Al Maarifa, Al Marifa). In Sharjah, not Al Ain. Private Islamic school for Emiratis and Arab Muslim expats with UAE MOE, US, and UK curriculum classes.
- Al Mustaqbal International Private School (AMIPS)
- Alia International Private School (AIPS)
- Asian International Private School (AIPS) - in Abu Dhabi City, not Al Ain.
- Baniyas International Private School (BIPS) (or Bani Yas - BYIPS) - in Abu Dhabi City, not Al Ain.
- Beit Al Maqdes International Private School (BAMIPS) - in Mohamed Bin Zayed City, not Al Ain.
- Crescent International Private School (CIPS) - in Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi, not Al Ain.
- Emirates Falcon International Private School (EFIPS)
- Future International Private School (FIPS) - same as Al Mustaqbal IPS
- International Private School (IPS)
- Liwa International Private School (LIPS)
- Madar International School (MIS)
- Madar International School - a branch campus of MIS.
- Manor Hall International Private School (MHIPS)
- Oasis International School (OIS)
- new International Private School Al Ain - name unknown, opening September 2013 in Al Ain.
12 September 2013
- IPS has closed, relocated, or is still operating?
22 February 2012
- Principal Dr Makarim Mobarak is now head of Al Adhwah School Al Ain? Date of change not supplied.
30 June 2011
- International Private School Al Ain is a villa school that is being closed and relocated to the Al Sarooj School building (Al Sarroj or Al Sarrooj) according to an ADEC document 30 June 2011.
- Unclear whether or not the document refers to the Future International Private School, or a different school.
- Contact details according to ADEC information for IPS - email email@example.com, mobile telephone numbers +971-50-6936637, +971-55-4081522, +971-50-5130939, +971-50-3312466.
- Principal or headmistress is Dr Makarim Mobarak? New for September 2011?
Schools in the same area as International Private School Al Ain
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Ain English Speaking School||1978||K-12||Arabic/UK||19,734-39,468||AAESS reviews|
|Al Dahma Model School||UAE|
|Al Dhafra Private School Al Ain||1989||K-12||Arabic/UK/US||9,453-18,368|
|Al Hamdaniya Grand Private School||primary||Arabic/UAE|
|Al Sanawbar School||1983||K-12||Arabic, UK, US||12,000-25,000|
|Baraem Al Ain Private School||K-12||Arabic, UAE, US||4,000-10,000|
|Choueifat Al Ain||K-12||Choueifat||20,000-35,000||CAA reviews|
|Darul Huda Islamic School||Indian|
|Emirates Private School Al Ain||1998||K-12||Arabic, UK, US||5,500-10,500||EPSAA reviews|
|Global English School Al Ain||1982||K-12||UK||11,000-21,500||GESAA reviews|
|Indian School Al Ain||April 1978||K-12||Indian|
|Iranian School Al Ain||Iranian|
Last update 12 September 2013
General comments - might not apply to International Private School Al Ain
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Al Ain might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Arabic schools in Al Ain
- Study in Al Ain - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Al Ain - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Al Ain - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Al Ain education||Nurseries in Al Ain | Schools in Al Ain | New schools in Al Ain 2019-2020 | Special needs in Al Ain | Colleges in Al Ain | Universities in Al Ain | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.