International Centre for Culinary Arts Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
International Centre for Culinary Arts Dubai
|College name||International Centre for Culinary Arts Dubai|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private college|
|College location / area||19 Al Hana Centre, Mankhool Road, Satwa - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 44138, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.iccadubai.ae (new window)|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
International Centre for Culinary Arts Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai colleges forum
International Centre for Culinary Arts Dubai courses and programs
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) - ICTP (International Chef Training Program), duration 800 hours. Course fees for 2010-2011 are approximately AED 25,000 (US$6,900). Program includes Special Proficiency Certifications in:
- 'SelfCooking Center®' - RATIONAL Certified Operator (RCO), RATIONAL AG, Germany
- 'Dynamic Fresh System®' - Cook & Chill Production Techniques, IRINOX® S.p.A, Italy
- 'Gelato Training', CARPIGIANI Gelato University, Italy
- 'Food Hygiene and HACCP Awareness', HACCP Australia
- 'Grease & Waste Management', ALULINE UK
- 'Ware wash System Training', WINTERHALTER GmbH, Germany
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) - GCTP Galley Chef Training Program?
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Maintenance) - MSTP Galley Utility / Maintenance Stewarding Training Program?
- Foundation Courses in Culinary Techniques - more for the home chef than as a career enhancing addition to your CV. But it's not just an evening in the kitchen, course duration is 110 hours.
- Short courses and Team Building workshops in afternoons, evenings, and or weekends. Good for the bachelor wanting to impress a hot date, or at least cook something more than boiled water and toast. Cost from AED 200-3,000 depending on course. Courses on offer include:
- International Cuisine - 6 classes of 3-4 hours per class, AED 2,450
- Baking & Patisserie - 6 classes of 3-4 hours per class, AED 2,450
- Personalized Specialty Classes - regional cuisine (Asian, French, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Thai, etc, but probably not English cooking), bread making, cake baking, etc, tailormade to suit the student. Duration - 6 classes of 3-4 hours per class, fees AED 3,000 per unit or module.
- Healthy Cooking Classes - 6 classes of 3-4 hours per class, AED 3,000.
- Adam & Eve Classes - cooking for couples, 3-4 hour sessions, AED 550 per class.
- Jane’s Cooking - cooking with and for your mates, 3-4 hour sessions, AED 200 per person (minimum 6 persons).
- Art of Chocolate Making - includes how to make truffles, 4 classes, 3-4 hours per class, cost AED 2,000
- Elegant Dinning - presentation skills, and how to fold your napkins and light the candles. Course length of 4 classes, 3-4 hours per class, course fees AED 2,200
- Team Building Events - corporate cooking competitions. Yippee. Cost AED 200 per person for a 3-4 hour session, minimum 16 people.
- Kids Delight - cooking and hand washing for kids, AED 1,000 for 4 classes of 2 hours per class.
Other information, fees, and costs:
- UAE student visa and segregated male and female student accommodation available for an additional AED 11,000 (US$3,000) for the duration of the course.
- Work Experience arranged for students as part of the course.
- New course intakes start monthly?
26 August 2010
- International Centre for Culinary Arts in Dubai (ICCA or ICCA DXB) is a vocational educational institute with training courses in cooking, kitchen management, meal preparation, and other food service industry related skills for chefs, cooks, and similar jobs.
- Owner/operator is Beams Education Center/Centre in Dubai (tel +971-4-3342922, PO Box 31199 Dubai, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)?
- Details might not be correct, same PO Box also listed for Beams International Educational Institute Dubai, tel +971-4-3342929, fax +971-4-3352591 (which are also contact details for a place called The Design Academy?).
Last update 25 August 2010
General comments - might not apply to International Centre for Culinary Arts Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Dubai and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
- UQAIB - a quality assurance agency to licence free zone colleges and universities in Dubai
|Colleges||Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ | Colleges in Dubai | Colleges in Ras Al Khaimah | Colleges in Sharjah | Colleges in UAE|
|MBAs||MBA in Abu Dhabi | MBA in Dubai | MBA in UAE|
|Dubai education||KHDA | List of Dubai colleges | List of Dubai universities | List of Dubai schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.