Institute for Technology and Management Dubai in Ras Al Khaimah
||Institute for Technology and Management Dubai
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|College location / area
|| (no map)
||PO Box 16038, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
||LSE, UOL, UK
||Diploma, BSc (Hons)
||31,000-34,000 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Instructor salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
Comments about Institute for Technology and Management Dubai
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Ras Al Khaimah colleges forum
International Institute for Technology and Management degree courses and programs
- Diploma in Economics - effectively the first year of a UOL BSc degree
- Diploma for Graduates in Accounting - covers
Principles of Accounting, Corporate Finance, Management Accounting, Human Resource Management
- Diploma for Graduates in Banking - covers
Principles of Banking and Finance, Corporate Finance, Financial Intermediation, Human Resource Management
- Diploma for Graduates in Finance - covers
Corporate Finance, Management Accounting, Financial Intermediation, Human Resource Management
- Diploma for Graduates in Management - covers Introductory Business and Management, Marketing,
Human Resource Management
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BSc Banking and Finance
- BSc Business
- BSc Economics
- BSc Economics and Management
- BSc Information Systems and Management
- BSc Management
- BSc Mathematics and Economics
IITM tuition fee structure (for 2009-2010?)
- UOL fees AED 30,000 (approx) for complete degree course to cover
application, registration, examination, and marking fees. Or about AED 10,000 per year. Additionally ...
- 3 year degree IITM tuition fees AED 72,000 - works out to AED 24,000 per year.
- 4 year degree IITM tuition fees AED 84,000 - about AED 21,000 per year (but check with IITM since payment schedule varies)
- IITM registration fee AED 2000 per year, Library deposit AED 600 (refundable), Caution deposit AED 1000 (refundable).
- Assumed to be for 2009-2010 (not clear on IITM website, last checked 20 May 2010).
13 December 2010
- Emarat Al Youm, an Arabic newspaper, reported that the KHDA cancelled the commercial and academic licenses of IITM, along with two other institutes in Dubai - UEIMS Medical Sciences and Dentistry University, and Mahatma Gandhi University Dubai branch. Emirates Business 24-7 reported that Mohammed Darwish of the KHDA said the authority had to cancel the licenses of these universities as their programmes did not match the quality of education followed by their mother university.
21 September 2010
- International Institute for Technology and Management (IITM) has moved to Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) free zone as the
Western International College (WINC), or part of the WINC. Location is next to the American University of Ras Al Khaimah.
- Contact details updated. Website lists telephone numbers for a Dubai landline (+971-4-2671341), UAE toll-free (800-334733), and mobile number (+971-56-1458228) but no RAK landline number supplied or found.
- Previous contact information was Block 14, 2nd & 3rd floor, Knowledge Village, Postal address PO Box 500084, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-3664572, fax +971-4-3664059, email email@example.com (might still be valid?).
- A Khaleej Times report 21 September 2010 quoted Mohammed Darwish, boss of the KHDA RCC as saying "IITM had chosen to move out of Dubai as they didn’t fit the UQAIB model," and Sudhir Kartha, a spokesman for the college, as saying "Early this year, UQAIB informed us that IITM did not fit their branch campus model which was required to operate as a Higher Education provider out of the free zone in Dubai, and that IITM " ... did not fit the definition of a branch campus. Prestigious institutions like LSE are unitary campus institutions and, in spite of the academic rigour of our programmes we could never have qualified as a branch campus"
21 May 2010
- IITM fees and course information updated.
- See also London School of Economics Abu Dhabi.
12 December 2007
- Full name is "International Institute for Technology and Management" (IITM) in Dubai.
- Offers University of London (UOL) and London School of Economics (LSE) courses - prepare for further study at LSE or complete in Dubai.
- Not the same as the Institute of Management Technology, Dubai - also in Knowledge Village.
- Fees about AED 15,000-20,000 per year for 2006-2007?
- IITM starts offering
Graduate Diplomas in Management, awarded by the University of London (UOL) in association with the London School of Economics (LSE)
21 June 2003
- Press release announces the establishment of the International Institute of Technology and Management in Dubai (IITM) to offer University of London (UOL) and London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) courses.
- Courses offered will include BSc degrees in Business, Finance, Management and Information Systems from the UOL, and Diploma in Economics from the LSE.
Last update 22 September 2010
General Comments - might not apply to Institute for Technology and Management Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.