Horizon Flight Academy
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Horizon Flight Academy in Al Ain
|College name||Horizon Flight Academy|
|Director's name||Hareb Thani Al Dhaheri (CEO)|
|Executive body or owner||Mubadala Development Company|
|Date founded||September 2003|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||college|
|College location / area||Al Ain International Airport - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 59059, Al Ain, UAE|
|Qualifications||ATPL, CFI, CPL, PPL|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Horizon Flight Academy admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Al Ain colleges forum
24 February 2011
- New Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Horizon International Flight Academy announced as Retired Brigardier Pilot Hareb Thani Al Dhaheri (press release). Previous head was Interim General Manager Mansour Al Faheem. Before that, General Manager was Mohammad Humaidan Al Zaabi.
13 August 2009
- Horizon Flight Academy 13th group of Flight Instructors graduates.
- Over 300 pilots and instructors have graduated since HIFA opened in 2003.
- Horizon flight academy plans to become an aviation university by 2016 according to the Horizon General Manager, Mohammed Al Zaabi (The National 10 August 2009). Accreditation process not expected to start until after 2010.
12 June 2009
- A new course, the Higher Diploma in Aviation Business Administration, offered from August 2009 to UAE residents who already hold a Commercial Pilot's Licence (CPL). Course is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education (other HIFA course are not accredited by the MHESR as of June 2009), duration is 1 year for CPL holders (normally 2 years but they receive credit for flying hours).
- Tedious flash introduction on website with no skip intro until finished. Another domain, www.horizonacademy.ae, for HIFA returns a "not found" error.
- No fees found on HIFA main website. Contact HIFA directly for course and tuition costs.
10 June 2008
- Horizon International Flight Academy received accreditation from the Commission of Academic Accreditation (CAA), part of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR), as reported by the Khaleej Times 09 June 2008.
17 September 2007
- Full name of Horizon Flight Academy is "Horizon International Flight Academy" (HIFA).
- HIFA offers aircraft pilot training courses to European Joint Aviation Authority (JAA)/ Joint Aviation Requirements (JAR) standards including (with course lengths):
- Private Pilot License (PPL), 12 weeks
- Commercial Pilot License (CPL), 47 weeks
- Air Transport Pilot License (ATPL), 60 weeks
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
- Instrument and Multi-Engine ratings for both helicopter & fixed-wing
- Students are from GCC countries, staff are multinational (Australia, France, Jordan, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, UAE, United Kingdom). Training fleet includes simulators, Robinson R44 helicopters, Augusta Bell 206 Jet Ranger, and Cessna 172SP with Gamin 1000 Avionics.
- Applicants should be at least a high school graduate and proficient in English (entry test is given), and medically fit to General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) standards.
- Etihad Airways (Abu Dhabi based airline) in April 2007 launched an 18 month UAE National Cadet Pilots Training program for 18-30 year old UAE Nationals (both males and females), in association with the Horizon International Flight Academy. Opportunities are available for a further 14 cadets to join the program every 3 months.
UAE pilot training flight schools and aviation industry colleges
- Al Ain International Aviation Academy (part of Al Ain IAT, established September 2008)
- Alpha Aviation Academy in Sharjah (established March 2009)
- DAE Flight Academy in Ras Al Khaimah (established October 2007)
- Emirates Aviation College in Dubai - aviation, aerospace, air traffic control degrees and vocational courses (established 1991)
- Frankfinn Air Hostess Training Institute in Dubai
- Fujairah Aviation Academy
- Horizon Flight Academy UAE in Al Ain (established September 2003)
Last update 24 February 2011
General comments - might not apply to Horizon Flight Academy
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Al Ain and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
|Colleges||Abu Dhabi colleges | Al Ain colleges | Dubai colleges | Ras Al Khaimah colleges | Sharjah colleges | UAE colleges|
|Al Ain education||List of Al Ain colleges | List of Al Ain universities | List of Al Ain schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.