Sunday 19 January 2020 (UAE)
HCT Dubai Mens College
HCT Dubai Mens College
|College name||HCT Dubai Mens College|
|Director's name||Dr Saoud Al Mulla (Director)|
|Executive body or owner||Higher Colleges of Technology|
|Number of students (approx)||1800|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||government college|
|College location / area||Al Ruwayya / Dubai Academic City - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 15825, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||dbm.hct.ac.ae (new window)|
|Qualifications||Diploma, Bachelors, Masters, MBA|
|Instructor salary range||12,000-22,000 dhs per month (2008-2009)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
HCT Dubai Mens College admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai colleges forum
Dubai Men's College (DMC) courses and programs of study
- To be updated.
- Dr Howard Reed - from May 2012
07 June 2012
- The Director of Dubai Women's College (DWC), Dr Howard Reed, also became director of DMC from May 2012.
- A number of staff were subsequently fired ... er ... made redundant, including heads of departments and administrative staff, although apparently they were given the opportunity to apply for jobs at other colleges in the HCT system.
- The National reported that Dr Reed said overstaffing and underachievement characterised the men's college, and its students and academics were both a long way below the standard of their female peers, quoting Dr Reed as saying "This is a radical overhaul ... Everything about that college needs changing."
- The reason for staff pruning was given by HCT Provost, Dr Mark Drummond, in the same report, quoting him as saying "Ninety per cent of the reason for turning Dubai into a single directorate was to consolidate functions where possible ... For instance, you only need one director of libraries, one of facilities, etc."
Last update 28 July 2013
General comments - might not apply to HCT Dubai Mens College
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Dubai Academic City - schools and tertiary institutes in Ruwayah.
- Teaching in Dubai and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
- University Quality Assurance International Dubai - licenses DIAC institutes in Dubai (the UQAIB)
|Colleges||Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ | Colleges in Dubai | Colleges in Ras Al Khaimah | Colleges in Sharjah | Colleges in UAE|
|MBAs||MBA in Abu Dhabi | MBA in Dubai | MBA in UAE|
|Dubai education||KHDA | List of Dubai colleges | List of Dubai universities | List of Dubai schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.