HCT Abu Dhabi Womens College
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
HCT Abu Dhabi Womens College
|College name||HCT Abu Dhabi Womens College|
|Director's name||Sultan Karmostaji (Director)|
|Executive body or owner||Higher Colleges of Technology|
|Number of students (approx)||2500|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||government college|
|College location / area||Al Dhafra / Dhafrah - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 41012, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Website||adw.hct.ac.ae (new window)|
|Qualifications||Diploma, Bachelor's, BEd, MEd|
|Instructor salary range||12,000-22,000 dhs per month (2008-2009)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
HCT Abu Dhabi Womens College admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi colleges forum
ADW/ADWC courses and programs of study, and general information
- Diploma Foundations program
- Higher Diploma Foundations program
- English language support
- Diploma in Applied Business and Technology
- Higher Diploma in Business Management (Accounting)
- Higher Diploma in Business And Management (Human Resources)
- Higher Diploma in Business And Management (E-Business Management)
- Higher Diploma in Business And Management (Financial Services)
- Bachelor of Applied Science in E-Business Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Business And Management (General)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Business and Management) in Real Estate Management
- Diploma In Interior Design
- Higher Diploma in Applied Media Studies
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Media Studies
- Bachelor of Education in English Language Teaching In Schools (B.Ed. ELTS)
- Bachelor of Education in Teaching Information Technology (B.Ed. IT)
- Master of Education in association with Deakin University (M.Ed.)
- Diploma in Health Office Technology
- Higher Diploma in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Health Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (launched September 2010?), listed as Bachelor of Applied Science in Nursing in the 2009-2010 HCT course catalog.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Midwifery - a Post-Graduate Midwifery education program - start date February 2011, in conjunction with the SEHA Corniche Hospital in Abu Dhabi. Students have the opportunity to become licensed as midwives by Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD).
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Higher Diploma of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Electronics Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering in Logistics degree at the German Graduate School of Logistics (GGSL) Abu Dhabi from 2011, not clear from press release 21 Sep 2010 if course is available to men or women or both.
- Sultan Karmostaji - from 26 June 2013. Also director of ADMC.
- Dr. Kathleen O'Connell Hodge - from 01 August 2010.
- Dr Dave Pelham - from January 2010.
- Stephen Munns (Acting Director)
- Dr Bradley Cook
22 December 2010
- ADW HCT news release announces the new midwife degree program to start in February 2011. Scholarship opportunities available. According to press release, applicants must be an employee of, or sponsored by, a SEHA health care facility.
- ADW announced a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program in November 2010? Might have started in September 2010.
01 September 2010
- New director of ADWC from August 2010 will be Dr Kathleen O'Connell Hodge. Previously she was President of Fullerton College - a community college in California, USA (2004-2009), and Vice Chancellor and Acting Chancellor for the South Orange County Community College District (SOCCCD).
- So that was a short stint in Abu Dhabi for Dr Pelham, who started in January 2010. He's moved to the Fujairah Colleges as Director of FJW and FJM.
- He still had the ADW job in June 2010 apparently, a press release dated 10 June 2010 reported Dr. Dave Pelham, Director of HCT, Abu Dhabi Women's College said: "We are extremely proud of the ADWC students who are receiving the ADMAF Creativity Award and very grateful to ADMAF for recognizing their talent and hard work," and in the May 2010 ADWC Alumnae newsletter he said "Since January it has been my honor to serve as the Director of ADWC."
- Someone claiming to be Dr Pelham ("Hi! I'm the new Director at ADWC, and I'd like to share my experiences with you.") has started a rather slanderous sounding blog at adwcamp.blogspot.com with less than honorable comments about ADW management and jobs that make it seem difficult to believe that the blog really was published by the real Dr Pelham. It's a crazy crazy world out there. Is it possible that adding 2 and 2 gets us to platform 9¾?
- The blog appears to be run by disgruntled ADW teachers (or more likely ex-teachers by now assuming ADW management have read the blog), similar to another one at hctsucks.blogspot.com.
- Dave's ESL Cafe also has a lengthy topic called Sackings in HCT Abu Dhabi. The length of the topic, and the number of teachers fired from ADW in recent months might not be a coincidence. Mind the Gap.
18 December 2009
- New director of ADWC will be Dr David Pelham, previously at Cuesta College in California, USA from March 2008 - December 2009 (resignation announced November 2009 according to The Tribune of San Luis Obispo), and previously superintendent/president of the College of the Siskiyous in Weed, Northern California.
- Abu Dhabi Women's College also referred to as ADW, ADWC, Abu Dhabi Women's, HCT ADW, etc.
- ADW is one of the Higher Colleges of Technology campuses, a UAE government funded federal tertiary vocational college for UAE male and female national students.
- ADW has established a UAE special needs resource center for HCT students.
Last update 27 July 2013
General comments - might not apply to HCT Abu Dhabi Womens College
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
|Colleges||Abu Dhabi colleges | Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ colleges | Dubai colleges | Ras Al Khaimah colleges | Sharjah colleges | UAE colleges|
|Abu Dhabi education||List of Abu Dhabi colleges | List of Abu Dhabi universities | List of Abu Dhabi schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.