Hamdan eTQM University in Dubai
||Hamdan eTQM University
||Dr Mansoor Al Awar (Vice-President & CEO)
|Executive body or owner
||Board of Governors
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
university, Ministry of Higher Education license
|University location / area
||Floors 5 and 6, Building 11, Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) - location map
||PO Box 71400, Dubai, UAE
||www.hbmeu.ae (new window)
||BA, MA, MSc
||23,220-48,000 dhs per year (2008-2009)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Comments about Hamdan eTQM University
Add a comment or review about Hamdan eTQM University
Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University (HBMeU) accredited courses and programs
e-School of Quality and Business Management
- Bachelor of Business and Quality Management (or Bachelor of Arts - BA in Business and Quality Management?)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Organizational Excellence
- MSc in Innovation and Change Management
- Master of Science of Excellence in Environmental Management (from January 2011?)
School of e-Education (or e-School of Education?)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Interactive Education Technologies
- Master of Arts (MA) in Online Curriculum and Instruction
- MA in Online Education Leadership and Management
e-School of Health and Environmental Studies
- Master of Science (MSc) in Public Health: Excellence in Health Care Management
- Master of Science in Hospital Management (from January 2011?)
e-School of Continuing Education
Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University MOUs signed
- University of South Africa (UNISA) and
signed an MOU for closer cooperation in activities related to education and scientific research (WAM 13 October 2010).
12 April 2012
- HBMeU opened a branch at Kidzania Dubai in the Dubai Mall, for children under 16 years of age.
01 February 2012
- Hamdan Bin Mohammad e-University (HBMeU) building official inauguration ceremony. Building opened by the Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum (WAM news release).
15 January 2010 - new MSc programs announced, and student visas available (press release)
announced - two new MSc programs: Master of Science in Hospital Management, and Master of Science of Excellence in Environmental Management.
- In the same press release, HBM said they would sponsor UAE student visas for foreign nationalities (HBMeU further revealed that it is offering visas for international learners interested in pursuing any of the academic programs being offered by the university).
21 September 2010
- Hamdan Bin Mohammed eUniversity (HBMeU) received a delegation from the Open University of China (OUC) with a view to signing an agreement by October 2010 to encourage knowledge exchange, cooperate in organising scientific conferences, workshops, and seminars, and eventually establishing a establishing a joint virtual research center.
10 January 2009
- Hamdan Bin Mohammed eUniversity has signed an MoU with the Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority (ESCA) to cooperate in organising training programs, workshops, conferences, quality assurance, etc. For example, the university will offer training programs for ESCA (or SCA) staff, and the SCA will offer internship programs and research facilities.
- ESCA is the UAE regulatory authority for some stock and commodity markets including the Abu Dhabi stock market and the Dubai stock market.
06 May 2009
- Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University (HBMEU) has moved to Dubai International Academic City. Previous location was 1st Floor, Bur Dubai Traffic Department, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha, tel +971-4-4088405, fax +971-4-4088555.
- Toll-free number (in the UAE) for HBM eU is 800-333000.
- HBMEU has 4 main colleges, course updates added 13 May 2009 (see list of degree courses and programs on this page).
- Also referred to as Hamdan Ben Mohamed University but that's usually regarded as an error or typo.
02 February 2009
- eTQM / e-TQM College has been rebranded as Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University (HBMEU / HBM e-University).
- Domain www.etqm.net no longer valid, www.eqtm.ae forwards to www.hbmeu.ae, www.etqm.com is invalid.
- Toll-free (in UAE) tel 800-333000. Previous tel number +971-4-4088444. UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) website has tel +971-4-4088405.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org probably no longer valid, replaced by email email@example.com.
- Student nationality about 80% Emirati, remainder other GCC and Arab nationalities (CAA information).
- Total program costs are 92,880 for BA and 72,000-96,000 for Master's degrees (HBMEU FAQ).
- Programs take about 4 years for BA and 2 years for Master's degrees (HBMEU FAQ).
28 June 2008
- eTQM College (e-Total Quality Management) President is Lieutenant General Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, the head of Dubai Police.
- Programs are Bachelor of Arts in Business and Quality Management and Masters of Science in Organizational Excellence.
- Fees 93,000 dhs for BA, 68,000 dhs for MSc.
Last update 10 May 2009
General Comments - might not apply to Hamdan eTQM University
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.