Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute in Abu Dhabi
|College name||Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute|
|Executive body or owner|
|Date founded||March 2011|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private college|
|College location / area||(no map)|
|Postal address||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Qualifications||Masters, short courses|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi colleges forum
Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute (GNEII) courses and programs
GNEII will offer post-graduate degrees only? Admission preferences for GCC or UAE Nationals?
- Master's Degree in Nuclear Materials Management (planned)
- Short courses in Nuclear Energy Management, Safety, and Security?
Contact details and further information not supplied, contact KUSTAR for more information.
23 February 2011 - MoU signed with KUSTAR (press release)
- Khalifa University of Science and Technology signed an MoU with Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) and the Texas Engineering Experiment Station of Texas A&M University System to develop and operate GNEII. Which is what we thought they did last year. But it wasn't. Last year they signed a Letter of Intent. This year a Memorandum of Understanding.
30 June 2010
A GNEII presentation (An Integrated Approach to Safety, Security & Safeguards) was made at the The First Arab Conference on the Prospects of Nuclear Power for Electricity Generation and
Seawater Desalination in Hammamet, Tunisia from 23-25 June 2010. Some points from the presentation ...
- Students expected to be initially from GCC countries, with about 15-25 per year enrolling at the GNEII institute. Students expected to be graduates or have equivalent work experience, and be expected to be employed in the nuclear energy industry in the Middle East.
- Pilot course planned for February to May 2011.
- Short courses possibly from October-December 2011 and/or March-May 2012.
- Master's Degree program in Nuclear Materials Management to be developed?
16 March 2010 - GNEII announced (press release)
- Plans first announced for The Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute (GNEII), an educational institute to provide training and education in nuclear energy safety and security as part of the UAE nuclear energy program.
- Participating and supporting institutes in the UAE and USA are:
- Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR)
- Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation
- UAE Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR)
- Sandia National Laboratories in the USA (SNL)
- Nuclear Security Science and Policy Institute at Texas A&M University in the USA (NSSPI)
- The supporting organizations will develop an international curriculum, establish facilities in Abu Dhabi, provide guest lecturers, and prepare faculty, with GNEII intending to be self-sufficient within 5 years.
Last update 20 April 2011
General comments - might not apply to Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
|Colleges||Abu Dhabi colleges | Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ colleges | Dubai colleges | Ras Al Khaimah colleges | Sharjah colleges | UAE colleges|
|Abu Dhabi education||List of Abu Dhabi colleges | List of Abu Dhabi universities | List of Abu Dhabi schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.