Gulf Medical College
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Gulf Medical College in Ajman
|College name||Gulf Medical College|
|Director's name||Mr Thumbay Moydeen (President)|
|Executive body or owner||Thumbay Group (founders)|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private college|
|College location / area||Al Jarf - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 4184, Ajman, UAE|
|College fees||22,000-75,000 dhs per year (2007-2008)|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Gulf Medical College admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Ajman colleges forum
Gulf Medical College (GMC) courses, programs, tuition fees, information, reviews
12 August 2008 review
- Gulf Medical College renamed Gulf Medical University from 01 July 2008.
- This page archived.
24 December 2007
- GMC offers medical programs and courses in Ajman and is open to male and female students of any nationality.
- GMC also publishes a health magazine, the GMC Health Journal.
- The Gulf Private Teaching Hospital is part of GMC, and is operated by the Thumbay Group (based in Ajman, tel +971-6-7431333 which is the same telephone number as GMC).
- Alternative email for GMC is firstname.lastname@example.org.
GMC courses (* denotes proposed courses)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Masters Program in Clinical Pathology - 2 years
- Masters Program in Public Health and Primary Care - 2 years
- Masters Program in Toxicology - 2 years
- Masters in Medical Education - 2 years*
- Masters in Hospital Administration - 1 year including 3 month internship*
- Diploma in Public Health & Primary Care - 1 year
- Diploma in Toxicology - 1 year
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) - 4 Years + 1 year internship
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharm D - 5 years
- Postgraduate Course in Oral Implantology - 4 Weeks*
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) Training Programs from the McKenzie Institute International in New Zealand starting 22 March 2008
- Gulf Medical College – Royal Australian College of General Practitioners' Training Program (GMC-RACGP-MOH program) - 3 years, beginning March 2008.
- Short Term Courses in Nursing - 2 weeks*
- Critical Care Nursing
- Children's Nursing
- Clinical Nursing
- Diabetes Care
- Emergency Nursing
- Infection Control
- Respiratory Care
- Tissue Viability
Residency program in Germany with specialization in
- Anesthesiology - 5 years
- Dermatology & Venereal Diseases - 5 years
- ENT - 5 years
- Internal Medicine - 6 years
- Neurology - 6 years
- Neurosurgery - 5-6 years
- Nuclear Medicine - 5 years
- Obstetrics & Gynecology - 5 years
- Occupational Medicine - 5 years
- Ophthalmology - 5 years
- Orthopedic Surgery - 6 years
- Pediatrics - 5 years
- Radiology - 5 years
- Radiotherapy - 5 years
- Surgery - 6 years
- Urology - 5 years
Last update 12 August 2008
General comments - might not apply to Gulf Medical College
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Ajman and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
|Colleges||Abu Dhabi colleges | Ajman colleges | Dubai colleges | Ras Al Khaimah colleges | Sharjah colleges | UAE colleges|
|MBAs||Abu Dhabi MBA | Dubai MBA | UAE MBA|
|Ajman education||List of Ajman colleges | List of Ajman universities | List of Ajman schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.