Saturday 11 July 2020 (UAE)
Gulf Indian High School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Gulf Indian High School in Dubai
|School name||Gulf Indian High School|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||David Panckras (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)||2000|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Garhoud, Al Garhood - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 646, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.gihsdubai.com (new window)|
|School fees structure||3,030-5,720 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||2,300 dhs per month (2008-2009)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Gulf Indian High School admissions, reviews, notes
Gulf Indian High School reviews - add yours here.
Gulf Indian High School (GIHS) (Al Khaleej Indian High School) tuition fee schedule and general information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||3,030||3,030||3,190||3,190||3,190||3,520||3,520||3,850||3,850||3,850||4,460||4,460||5,720||5,720|
|Monthly fees (AED) 2013-2014||303||303||319||319||319||352||352||385||385||385||446||446||572||572|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||3,000||3,000||3,150||3,150||3,150||3,300||3,300||3,650||3,650||3,650||4,250||4,250||5,700||5,700|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||3,000||3,000||3,150||3,150||3,150||3,300||3,300||3,650||3,650||3,650||4,250||4,250||5,700||5,700|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009||3,025||3,025||3,190||3,190||3,190||3,520||3,520||3,850||3,850||3,850||4,455||4,455||5,720||5,720|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||2,784||2,784||5,220||5,220|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2006-2007|
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not confirmed.
- 2010-2011 fees not confirmed. Annual fees calculated as 10x monthly fees.
- 2008-2009 fees according to KHDA information, unconfirmed, might be out of date.
- School also called or referred to as Al Khaleej Indian High School (Khaleej is Arabic for Gulf). But GIHS not related to Al Khaleej National School (a different school in Al Garhoud area).
- Location: Al Garhood, same area as New Indian Model School, National Charity School, Cambridge International School. Between Al Rebat St and 5th St.
- Head's name updated to David Panckras (Principal). Previously was Mr Alexander Reid-Coates (Principal), moved to Buds Public School in Dubai as principal.
16 March 2011
- GIHS fees information updated. Website domain www.gihs.sch.ae forwards to www.gihsdubai.com.
23 September 2009 review
- Head's name updated, previously principal was Mr Wynn John, or P.K. Joel (date of change unknown)?
02 February 2007 review
- Gulf Indian High School (GIHS) domain www.gihsdubai.com has same website as www.gihs.sch.ae.
- Classes in mornings for girls, afternoons for boys.
- Founded by Mr John M Thomas (president).
- A Khaleej Times report 12 September 2005 highlighted "Al Khaleej Indian Private School" (presumably the same as Gulf Indian School) as one in which the principal, "Whinny John", was also a licence partner, which is not allowed according to the report.
Schools in the same area as Gulf Indian High School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Khaleej National School||July 1992||K-12||Arabic, UAE, US||12,290-23,518|
|Al Thuraya School||1989||K-12||Arabic, UAE||6,500-14,000||ATS reviews|
|Cambridge International School Dubai||K-12||UK||15,327-20,810|
|Dubai International School||1985||K-12||Arabic, US||12,319-19,339||DIS reviews|
|Grammar School Dubai||1970||K-12||Indian/UK||4,111-5,653|
|Indian High School Garhoud||August 1988||primary||Indian||5,200-5,400|
|National Charity School Dubai||1983||K-12||Arabic, UAE||3,900-7,200|
|New Indian Model School Dubai||01 May 1980||K-12||Indian||2,575-4,480|
|Newlands School Dubai||September 2017||primary||UK||19,200-28,800|
|The Kindergarten Starters||1990||primary||Indian||6,180-8,247||TKS reviews|
Last update 14 July 2014
General comments - might not apply to Gulf Indian High School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.