Global Indian International School Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Global Indian International School Dubai
|School name||Global Indian International School Dubai|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE, IB, Montessori|
|Head of school|
|Executive body or owner||GIIS Singapore, Global K12 Education MENA FZ-LLC|
|Date founded||April 2017|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Barsha South 1|
|Postal address||PO Box 502221, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||ae.globalindianschool.org/dubai/ (new window)|
|School fees structure||19,059-29,647 dhs per year (2019-2020)|
|Teacher salary range||4,300 - 7,800 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Global Indian International School Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Global Indian International School Dubai reviews - add yours here.
Global Indian International School Dubai (GIIS) tuition fees and general information
See also Global International Indian School in Abu Dhabi. Not to be confused with the Indian International School in Dubai Silicon Oasis.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2019-2020||19,059||20,118||21,176||22,235||23,294||24,353||25,412||26,471||27,529||28,588||29,647|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2018-2019||18,000||19,000||20,000||21,000||21,000||23,000||24,000||25,000||26,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2017-2018|
- 2019-2020 additional costs: Registration Fee AED 500, Admission Fee AED 1,000, Books AED 600, Uniforms AED 600, ICT Resource Fee AED 600. Scholarship fees are AED 4,000 lower. Bus transport charges (annual) AED 4,500-6,00 Dubai and Sharjah (return), AED 2,925-4,225 (one-way). After-school and extra-curricular activities AED 750 per term per activity (for 10 weeks).
- Contact information: Phone 800-GIISDXB (800-4447392) (UAE toll-free) or +971-4-2255681. Admissions (mobile or WhatsApp) +971-55-1915500, +971-50-9622081.
- Location: off Hessa St, behind Al Barsha Police Station, Al Barsha South 1. Access via Street 123 from Hessa St or police station exit from Al Khail Rd.
- ae.globalindianschool.org/dubai - Dubai GIIS campus website. Domain www.giisdubai.org redirects to Dubai website.
- www.globalindianschool.org - website for Global Indian school campuses worldwide: India (several), Japan (Tokyo), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Singapore, Thailand (Bangkok), UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai), Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City).
- To apply for teaching jobs and other vacancies, go to GIIS Dubai website Home > Apply > Careers. Or visit the GSF Global Schools Careers website at careers.globalindianschool.org.
05 November 2019 update
GIIS Dubai timeline and history
- 2019 Apr: GIIS expanded to include Grades 7 and 8. Grade 9 admissions from Apr 2020, one additional grade each year up to Grade 12 by April 2023.
- 2018 Apr: GIIS expanded to Grade 6.
- 2017 Sep: A new GIIS Dubai school opened for Pre-KG and KG1-2 students. The new GIIS offers CBSE not ICSE Indian curriculum, also Montessori and for senior students International Baccaluareate (IB).
- 2013 Apr: The GIIS Dubai school become an Ambassador Education school and moved to a new campus. The new GIIS Dubai school did not open.
- 2012 Oct: GIIS owners said they would open a "... new campus in Dubai by April 2013".
- 2012 Apr: Plans announced for the school to rebrand (new owners) and relocate by April 2013. GIIS operators said they would open another GIIS Dubai in 2014.
- 2010 Apr: GIIS Dubai opened for KG1 to Class 6 only. Higher grades planned for future years.
[Update details] 15 March 2019
- GIIS schools in Dubai and Abu Dhabi are members of Global Schools Foundation (GSF) based in Singapore.
- KHDA information: Open Sep 2017 in Al Barsha South, Indian curriculum. Website www.globalindianschool.org, email email@example.com. No tel/fax. Fee range (2017-2018) AED 27,000-32,941 PreKG to Grade 8.
- *Global International Indian School - opened in April 2010 but school campus withdrew or de-franchised from GIIS in July 2012 and became the Ambassador School. GIIS announced they would open a new school in 2013 in a new location in Dubai ... Update: possibly delayed until 2014 or indefinitely.
14 December 2014 summary
- See Global International Indian School Abu Dhabi - as of Dec 2014 appears to be the only GIIS school planned for the UAE (opening Apr 2015, unless delayed).
- New GIIS school opening date planned for April 2013 ... delayed until April 2014 ... delayed indefinitely or plans abandoned. GIIS new campus location map and opening date not supplied.
- Contact information for new GIIS Dubai campus enquiries is email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *GIIS Facebook page and photos at facebook.com/GlobalIndianInternationalSchoolDubaiNew. Says "New Dubai Campus coming soon ..." but as of December 2014 no information about a new Dubai campus on FB page, just random updates about GIIS schools or general educational stuff. GIIS Dubai website at www.giisdubai.org forwards to GIIS Dubai page at www.globalindianedu.org, not updated since October 2012.
- Date founded might be April 2010 (when the first GIIS Dubai opened in Mankhool), or the new date (whatever it will be), depending on your perspective.
05 December 2014 review
- Website for GIIS Dubai (or GIIS Dubai 1, Dubai1) given as www.globalindianschool.org but that is for the GIIS global network of schools, UAE link goes back to old GIIS Dubai information, and UAE heading only lists GIIS Abu Dhabi.
- GIIS jobs and careers website at www.globalschoolscareers.org. Several positions available for Abu Dhabi campus in UAE, but none found for Dubai.
- Location given as next to Lamy Plaza in some sources is incorrect. That location is the Sultan Business Center (unless it is going to be demolished, or the school plans to operate out of an office building). Tel number given as +971-4-3983535 is also incorrect: it is either for the Ambassador School in Al Mankhool (according to them), or the fax number for British Orchard Nursery in Dubai (according to them).
- Another contact number given as +971-4-3947355 is also incorrect, it is for the Emirates English Speaking School in Jumeirah.
[Archive information for reference]
The original GIIS Dubai location in Mankhool was renamed as the Ambassador School in Dubai (AS) from April 2013 and no longer has any association with GIIS or GSF. Information below relates to the old GIIS in Dubai which was in operation from 2010-2012 before it rebranded and relocated as the Ambassador School in Dubai.
|Annual tuition fees 2012-2013 (AED)||16,500||16,500||17,500||18,500||19,500||19,500||20,500||20,500||21,500||25,500|
|Annual tuition fees 2011-2012 (AED)|
|Annual tuition fees 2010-2011 (AED)||16,500||16,500||17,500||18,500||19,500||19,500||20,500||20,500|
|Monthly tuition fees 2010-2011 (AED)||1650||1650||1750||1850||1950||1950||2050||2050|
- 2012-2013 admission fee AED 500 (new students), resource fee AED 500 (annual), MYGIIS charges AED 500 (annual), medical fee AED 200 (annual), ID card AED 50, book fees AED 200-500, swimming (grades 3-8) AED 2,000 (annual), catering fees AED 950-2,375, school uniform costs AED 350-500. Bus transport fees AED 4,500-6,500 (per year).
- 2011-2012 fees information not supplied.
- 2010-2011 - admission fee AED 500, registration fee AED 500 annually, MY GIIS (MYGIIS) intranet facility AED 500 annually, medical fees AED 200 annually.
- Annual tuition fees can be paid with 3 post-dated cheques (PDCs) dated before the start of each term.
- Some sources have GIIS postal address PO Box 126924 Dubai UAE and website domain www.giisdubai.ae but they are contact details for Ambassador Education - the domain giisdubai.ae forwards to the Ambassador Education website. GIIS postal address is PO Box 502221, Dubai, UAE.
- Location of school open in April 2010 is in the Al Mankhool district, on 10D street between roads 39A and 41A. GPS coordinates 25°14'45.99"N, 55°17'17.03"E (25.246108, 55.288063). As of 31 March 2013 this is no longer valid since GIIS plans to reopen in a new location, and the campus building at the Mankhool location became the Ambassador School from that date.
22 June 2013 review
- No further information supplied or found about the new GIIS school in Dubai.
- Information removed from this page - head's name (Winston Gomez - Principal, is principal at the new Ambassador School), old location (41A Street, Mankhool, Bur Dubai), old email contact email@example.com (no longer connected to GIIS, new email address is firstname.lastname@example.org), owner or franchise holder Score Plus Education removed (is now connected to Ambassador Education).
- Website domain www.giisdubai.org forwards to new GIIS Dubai information pages at www.globalindianedu.org.
29 October 2012 review
- A notice on the GIIS website says "IMPORTANT NOTICE - The campus at Mankhool in Dubai shall be de-franchised from the Singapore-based Global Schools Foundation with effect from March 31, 2013. Global Schools Foundation shall not be responsible for any admissions at this campus after March 31, 2013. Global Schools Foundation will launch its OWN new campus in Dubai by April 2013. Admissions will commence after KHDA approval (tentatively by January 2013)."
- See the Ambassador School Dubai page for information about the renamed school at the Mankhool campus location.
22 April 2012 review
- An apparent dispute between ScorePlus (Score Plus), the Dubai franchise holder of GIIS-Dubai, and Global Schools Foundation (GSF) in Singapore, the parent company of GIIS franchises, has resulted in GIIS Dubai reportedly rebranding as Ambassador Education in Dubai (from April 2013) and moving into a new campus. The Nursery or KG section of the school has already moved and renamed itself as the Ambassador Kindergarten.
- Gulf News Xpress report 19 April 2012 called it a "bitter row" between the school and GLS, and said Scoreplus CEO Kamal Kalwani told XPRESS that the school was ‘rebranding' after his company rejected a takeover bid for GIIS Dubai by GSF. He added that the school will be retained under the Scoreplus management. Kalwani said Scoreplus had sent a termination notice to GSF to end the franchise on March 31, 2013.
- The National reported coments on 22 April 2012 from ScorePlus and GSF:
- The ScorePlus CEO, Kamal Kalwani, was quoted saying "It started last year in October when the franchiser came for a board meeting and our plan for a new campus was shared. Then in October they said they wanted a controlling stake."
- A statement from GSF said (partly quoted in the Gulf News report also) "No binding offer was made by us to buy the school and the key reason is linked to the franchisee's failed attempts to procure school land from the regulators in Dubai and Abu Dhabi without the knowledge and consent of the Singapore foundation. The franchisee called for a meeting with GSF in early 2011 and told us he would launch his own brand of schools in Dubai under another family members name. GSF drew his attention to his contractual obligation not to enter into competing business."
- GIIS reportedly plans to open a new GIIS school in Dubai in 2014.
27 March 2010 review
- There was a report of a Global International Indian School Abu Dhabi (GIIS-AUH) being developed by the owners of GIIS Dubai.
11 December 2009 review
- Global Indian International School (GIIS) announced they would open a branch in Dubai for the start of the academic year in April 2010.
- GIIS Open Day date 19 December 2009 (confirm with Score Plus, tel +971-4-334 0004).
- GIIS Dubai will offer the Indian ISC and ICSE curriculum, which at present is only offered by the Dubai Modern High School in Dubai, although JSS International Dubai is also planning to offer ICSE in 2010.
- GIIS Dubai also plans to offer International Baccalaureate (IB) at senior levels, and operate a Montessori curriculum for KG1 and KG2 classes. Press release about the new school did not say if IGCSE would be offered.
- Classes will be from KG1 to Grade 6 when open in April 2010, and increasing 2 grades each year up to grade 12 in 2013.
- Principal Winston Gomez (or Winsten Gomez according to some reports). Moving from the GIIS school in Balestier, Singapore (and was previously principal at the GIIS Queenstown campus in Singapore)?
- GIIS was established by Global Indian Foundation (GIF) in Singapore which is a non-profit organisation, but GIIS Dubai will be profit making according to a report in The National 10 December 2009.
- GIIS is an international network of Indian schools with head office in Singapore, and campuses in India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, USA (first school opening September 2010).
- The first GIIS school was founded in Singapore in 2002. As of December 2009, GIIS operates 21 schools with 21,000 students.
- Score Plus Education is a Dubai based education holding company founded in 2002 with training centers in the UAE.
- GIIS websites at www.globalindian.org.sg, www.globalindianedu.org, and www.mygiis.org (not .com, which is spam).
- Not related to the Golden Indian School, also in Dubai, which closed in 1999 or 2001.
GIIS Dubai location
- Score Plus press release said "Located in close proximity to the Mankhool metro station..." which probably refers to the Karama station rather than the Jafiliya station on the Dubai Metro Red Line.
GIIS admission enquiries and fees
New GIIS Dubai campus proposed but no information given regarding when or where it will open (as of Dec 2014). Email email@example.com for enquiries. Information below is no longer valid, left here for archive reference.
- Contact Kamal Kalwani at Score Plus Middle East & India LLC, office 506, Sultan Business Ctr, near Lamcy Plaza, 21 Oud Metha Rd, Dubai.
- Postal address PO Box 44098, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Tel +971-4-3340004 or mobile +971-50-5510038, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees information for Dubai not obvious on GIIS websites but if similar to other GIIS schools then probably somewhere between AED 15k-30k per year as a rough estimate.
Global Indian Cultural Centre
- GIIS Dubai will have a Dubai Global Indian Cultural Center (GICC) established on campus.
- GICC Dubai will offer classes in Arts & Crafts, Dance, Drama, Indian and foreign languages, Meditation, Music, Philosophy, Yoga.
- GICC Dubai will also organise concerts, exhibitions, lectures, performances, workshops for the community.
Schools in the same area as Global Indian International School Dubai
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|The Alpha School Dubai||September 2017||primary||UK||19,750-28,500|
Last update 05 November 2019
General comments - might not apply to Global Indian International School Dubai
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.