Tuesday 04 August 2020 (UAE)
Glenelg School Abu Dhabi
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Glenelg School Abu Dhabi
|School name||Glenelg School Abu Dhabi|
|Type of institute||private secondary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UAE, Islamic, US|
|Qualifications or Courses||AP|
|Head of school||Rashida Nachef (Headmaster)|
|Executive body or owner||The Petroleum Institute Abu Dhabi (PI), ADNOC|
|Date founded||September 2008|
|Number of students (approx)||500|
|Number of staff (approx)||65|
|School area, location map||Sas Al Nakhl, Umm Al Nar - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 114124, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Website||www.gsad.sch.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||19,000-36,000 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||4,300 - 9,500 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Glenelg School Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
Glenelg School Abu Dhabi reviews - add yours here.
Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (GSAD) fee structure and information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||19,000||20,000||21,000||22,000||23,500||25,000||26,500||28,500||29,000||29,500||30,000||32,000||34,000||36,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||19,000||20,000||21,000||22,000||23,500||25,000||26,500||28,500||29,000||29,500||30,000||32,000||34,000||36,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2011c||19,000||20,000||21,000||22,000||23,500||25,000||26,500||28,500||29,000||29,500||30,000||32,000||34,000||36,000|
- 2012-2013 fee schedule not supplied.
- 2010-2011 fees unchanged from previous year. Admission registration fee AED 500, book costs AED 1,200-2,600, bus transport AED 3,500, uniform costs AED 500.
- 2009-2010 fee schedule not provided by school, but apparently unchanged from 2008-2009.
- 2008-2009 registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable but offset against tuition fees), bus transportation fee AED 3,500 per year (AED 1,750 per semester), additional fees for uniforms and books. Fees payable twice yearly, in September and January.
- Location: near Abu Dhabi Petroleum Institute, and Abu Dhabi Gold Club, Umm Al Nar, near Sas Al Nakhl (Sas Al Nakheel).
Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (GSAD) campus contact details
|Telephone||Fax||Head of Campus|
|GSAD Female Campus||+971-2-5992002||+971-2-5589045||Rashida Nachef (Principal)|
|GSAD Male Campus||+971-2-5992001||+971-2-5589043||Elie Jurdak (Principal)|
- 2012-2014: Dr J. Daniel Hollinger (Principal). Subsequently became Project Manager for the new Amity School in Abu Dhabi.
16 May 2010
- Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (GSAD) head's name updated to Rashida Nachef (is still head of female campus also?). Previously headmaster was Kofi Agyeman. Date of change not supplied.
- GSAD Abu Dhabi main campus is for Grades 6-12 for 2009-2010 academic year.
- GSAD opened in September 2009 according to website, but previous information was that it opened in September 2008? The Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi opened September 2009 with Grades 7-11 and will graduate its first class in 2010.
- Contact details according to ADCCI directory are PO Box 898, tel +971-2-6023706?
04 January 2009 review
- Full name is The Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (GSAD).
- School provides education for Emirati citizens, and other nationalities, in grades 7-11, in separate campuses for male and female students (can accept up to 400 students in each campus). Capacity of school is up to 1000 students.
- Contact details above are for the men's campus. Contact details for the women's campus are tel +971-2-5992002 and fax +971-2-5589045.
- GSAD school might expand to elementary and middle school levels.
- School headmaster is Kofi Agyeman. Principal of the Girls Campus is Rashida Nachef.
- Facilities include engineering labs, IT labs, communications center, media studio, sports facilities.
- GSAD curriculum is based on the curriculum of the Glenelg Country School in Maryland, USA, adapted for UAE students. Medium of instruction is English.
- Glenelg School was established by the Petroleum Insitute in Abu Dhabi so salary packages for teachers should be quite good (over 20k dirhams per month for 2008-2009?).
- GSAD goal is to prepare students for further study in engineering related subjects at the ADNOC Petroleum Institute.
- No general email found for school but try firstname.lastname@example.org for admissions director, email@example.com for jobs, firstname.lastname@example.org for finance director, and maybe email@example.com for the headmaster.
Last update 11 February 2015
General comments - might not apply to Glenelg School Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- American schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.