Glenelg School Abu Dhabi
||Glenelg School Abu Dhabi
|Type of institute
||private secondary school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
||Rashida Nachef (Headmaster)
|Executive body or owner
||The Petroleum Institute Abu Dhabi (PI) / ADNOC
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Umm Al Nar, near Petroleum Institute and golf course - location map
||PO Box 114124, Abu Dhabi, UAE
||www.gsad.sch.ae (new window)
|School fees structure
||29,000-36,000 dhs per year (2008-2009)
|Teacher salary range
||6,500 - 9,500 dhs per month (estimate only, not confirmed)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
Glenelg School Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment, review or update about Glenelg School Abu Dhabi.
Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (GSAD) school tuition fee structure
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009
- Fees payable twice yearly, in September and January.
- Registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable but offset against tuition fees).
- Bus transportation fee AED 3,500 per year (AED 1,750 per semester).
- Additional fees for uniforms and books.
Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (GSAD) campus contact details
||Head of Campus
|GSAD Female Campus
||Rashida Nachef (Principal)
|GSAD Male Campus
|| Elie Jurdak (Principal)
16 May 2010
- Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (GSAD) head's name updated to Rashida Nachef (is still head of female campus also?). Previously headmaster was Kofi Agyeman. Date of change not supplied.
- GSAD is establishing more campuses - see Glenelg School Ruwais, and Glenelg School Madinat Zayed.
- GSAD Abu Dhabi main campus is for Grades 6-12 for 2009-2010 academic year.
- GSAD opened in September 2009 according to website, but previous information was that it opened in September 2008? The Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi opened September 2009 with Grades 7-11 and will graduate its first class in 2010.
- Contact details according to ADCCI information are PO Box 898, tel +971-2-6023706?
04 January 2009
- Full name is The Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (GSAD).
- School provides education for Emirati citizens, and other nationalities, in grades 7-11, in separate campuses for male and female students (can accept up to 400 students in each campus).
- GSAD school might expand to elementary and middle school levels.
- Principal of the Girls Campus is Rashida Nachef.
- School headmaster is
- Contact details above are for the men's campus.
- Contact details for the women's campus are tel +971-2-5992002 and fax +971-2-5589045.
- Facilities include engineering labs, IT labs, communications center, media studio, sports facilities.
- Capacity of school is up to 1000 students.
- GSAD curriculum is based on the curriculum of the Glenelg Country School in Maryland, USA, adapted for UAE students. Medium of instruction is English.
- Glenelg School was established by the Petroleum Insitute in Abu Dhabi so salary packages for teachers should be quite good (over 20k dirhams per month for 2008-2009?).
- GSAD goal is to prepare students for further study in engineering related subjects at the ADNOC Petroleum Institute.
- No general email found for school but try email@example.com for admissions director, firstname.lastname@example.org for jobs, email@example.com for finance director, and maybe firstname.lastname@example.org for the headmaster.
Last update 16 May 2010
General comments - might not apply to Glenelg School Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2014-2015. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.