Tuesday 21 January 2020 (UAE)
George Mason University RAK
George Mason University RAK in Ras Al Khaimah
|University name||George Mason University RAK|
|Director's name||Dr Sharon Siverts (Vice-President)|
|Executive body or owner||GMU Virginia and RAK Education (EDRAK)|
|Number of students (approx)||120|
|Number of staff (approx)||20|
|Type of institute||private profit-making university|
|University location / area||(no map)|
|Postal address||PO Box 10021, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE|
|University fees||21,000-52,000 dhs per year (2008-2009)|
|Lecturer salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
George Mason University RAK admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about George Mason University RAK
17 August 2009
- GMU RAK now closed. This page left here for reference archive purposes.
- GMURAK contact details were tel +971-7-2210500, fax +971-7-2210638.
- The ex-RAK GMU boss, Sharon Siverts, is now the President of the new RAK American University (according to a press release 10 August 2009).
27 February 2009
- George Mason University RAK Campus (GMU-RAK or GMURAK) will close in May 2009 due to "budget and control" issues according to a GMU statement. Reportedly, EdRak, the funding partner, wanted to reduce funding by 50% and change the reporting structure in a way that might not have been acceptable to the US accrediting body.
- Student numbers unknown but the university started with about 40 students.
- GMU will assist students with transfers to GMU main campus in Virginia, USA, or to another university in the area. Bolton University RAK has apparently offered to assist.
- EdRak is reportedly considering establishing a new university, the American University of Ras Al Khaimah, and GMU take on the role of a consultant.
GMU RAK courses offered - 2008-2009
Undergraduate Degree Programs and Minor
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - (Pre-Medicine)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering - (Engineering and Information Technology)
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Health, Fitness and Recreation Resources (Concentration in Tourism and Events Management)
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science
- Minor Geographic Information Systems
- English Language Program (ELP)
Fees information 2008-2009
- Add 1000 dhs security deposit, 3000 dhs admission and application fees, allow another 2000 dhs UAE student visa fee, and another 1000-2000 for various other fees.
- Graduate programs AED 26,000 per semester tuition fees
- Undergraduate programs AED 23,000 per semester tuition fees
- English Language program AED 10,500 per semester tuition fees
- Shared accommodation available at AED 6,500 per semester and AED 2,600 for the summer program.
Last update 17 August 2009
General comments - might not apply to George Mason University RAK
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Ras Al Khaimah and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for lecturers too)
|Universities||Abu Dhabi universities | Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ universities | Dubai universities | Ras Al Khaimah universities | Sharjah universities | UAE universities|
|Ras Al Khaimah education||List of Ras Al Khaimah universities | List of Ras Al Khaimah colleges | List of Ras Al Khaimah schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.