Saturday 19 October 2019 (UAE)
Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy
Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy
Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy information
||Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy
|Type of institute
||private K-10 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
||Arabic, UAE, Islamic
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
||Yousuf Abdul Bari (Principal)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
|| location map
||PO Box 1480, Fujairah, UAE
|School fees structure
|Teacher salary range
||see general comments
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile
Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy admissions, reviews, notes
Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy reviews - add yours here.
Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy (FISA) tuition fee structure and general information
17 July 2011
- Still no website available? Another Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Fujairah-Islamic-Scientific-Academy/179182428790408 but no information when checked. Unknown if official or unofficial FB page for the school.
12 September 2010
- FISA website at www.fisa.ac.ae no longer available?
- Facebook page available at www.facebook.com/pages/Fujairah-Islamic-Scientific-Academy/409751829534 (unknown if an official or unofficial FB page for the school).
- Domain name www.fisa-school.com might be for the school (registered in May 2009) but no content when checked.
- Not clear if school is for KG-Grade 10 or KG-Grade 12.
23 April 2010
- A Gulf News report 20 April 2010 with the headline Staff member accused of brutally assaulting pupil in Fujairah school said that a student at the
Fujairah Islamic Academic High School or the Fujairah Islamic Academic School was
allegedly beaten by an administrative staff member for taking a football without permission, on 31 March 2010 according to the mother of the boy.
- An unnamed official at the Fujairah Education Zone was quoted as saying "The legal affairs department has finished the investigation and we will soon come out with a decision. We follow the code of conduct set by the ministry of education in dealing with such incidents,"
- The Gulf News also had the other side of the story from the principal of the school, Yousuf Abdul Bari (or Yusuf Abdul Bari?) who apparently thought hitting the student was an acceptable punishment, reportedly saying "He [the staff member] did not kill the boy or anything. He did not break his bones. The parents of the student are trying to tarnish the image of the school."
- A follow up report in the GN on 23 April 2010 quoted
Sulaiman Ali Al Zhayond, head of the legal department in the Fujairah Education Zone, as saying "After investigations, we have suspended the man for two weeks and his salary is deducted for five days," referring to the teacher complained about, and that Fujairah police is handling the case as the victim's family has registered a case against the staff member.
26 August 2008
- Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy (FISA) not usually referred to as "Fujairah Islamic Science Academy".
- FISA offers a UAE curriculum with instruction in Arabic, and instruction in English also.
- FISA moved to new premises in August 2003?
- Other telephone numbers seen in the UAE yellow pages are +971-9-2229483 or +971-9-2226145.
- Grade levels not confirmed.
- Ministry of Education lists it as "Fujairah Academy" but note there is also another Fujairah private school (Fujairah Private Academy - FPA), which is not related to FISA. Western students, or those who want a western style curriculum in English are likely to find FPA more suited to them than FISA.
Schools in the same area as Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy
Last update 12 September 2010
General comments - might not apply to Fujairah Islamic Scientific Academy
- Many popular schools are full for 2019-2020. New schools in Fujairah might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
Related websites (new window)