French School Abu Dhabi
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
French School Abu Dhabi
|School name||French School Abu Dhabi|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||French|
|Qualifications or Courses|
|Head of school|
|Executive body or owner||Agence pour l’Enseignement Français à l’Etranger (AEFE)|
|Number of students (approx)||1200|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Matar, Al Reehan, Al Safarat - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 2314, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Website||www.llm.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||19,000-35,000 dhs per year (2012-2013)|
|Teacher salary range||7,000-16,000 dhs per month (2012-2013)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
French School Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
French School Abu Dhabi reviews - add yours here.
Lycee Louis Massignon d’Abou Dhabi (LLM) French Private School Abu Dhabi tuition fee structure and general information
LLM is often thought of as the French School in Abu Dhabi, however it is not the only one. See also the Francais Theodore Monod school in Abu Dhabi, a Lebanese-French school, and the Ecole Français Abu Dhabi operated by the Bin Salem Group, which is confusing since LLM is sometimes referred to as Ecole Francaise Abou Dhabi.
- Updated admission, registration, tuition fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2008-2009 fee range AED 13,000-23,950 per annum.
- 2006-2007 tuition fees are AED 11,540-14,230 per year.
- Location on 29th St near junction with 2nd St (Airport Road or New Airport Rd), next to the American International School of Abu Dhabi, and the Japanese School in Abu Dhabi. Other side of Airport Road from the Al Safarat embassy district. Is in Al Matar district (not clear)?
13 February 2012 review
- Lycee Louis Massignon opened a new building (area 4,000 sq m) which will allow for an additional 550 students. Facilities include two school restaurants or cafeterias, library with seating for 70 students, two meeting rooms, six science laboratories, five additional science laboratories and storage rooms, three IT/computer rooms, 11 general classrooms, four history and geography rooms (Khaleej Times 15 February 2012).
- Further expansion expected to open by September 2012 allowing for capacity increase for another 300 students.
12 March 2007 review
- Lycee Louis Massignon d’Abou Dhabi is one of the Abu Dhabi French Schools, also known as the Ecole Francaise Abu Dhabi.
- Another telephone number seen is +971-2-4448055. Might be an error. Establishment date unconfirmed.
Lycee Louis Massignon history (some information from Khaleej Times report 15 February 2012)
- 2012 Feb 13 - new building opened. Student enrolment up to 1700. Nationality breakdown includes about 50% French, 10% Emirati.
- 1982 Feb - new building officially opened by the French Minister of Foreign Affairs. School named as Lycée Louis Massignon.
- 1981 Sep - school moved to new location. Enrolment up to about 700 students.
- 1972 Oct - "School of the French Companies" established with about 30-40 students.
- 1972 - a French school founded under management of the Petroleum Company (Société des Pétroles) in Abu Dhabi.
Schools in the same area as French School Abu Dhabi
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|ABC Private School||September 1979||primary||Arabic, UK||9,504-23,300||APS reviews|
|Al Manara Private School||1984||K-12||Arabic/UAE|
|American International School Abu Dhabi||1995||K-12||US||29,000-53,000||AISAD reviews|
|Bangladesh Islamia School Abu Dhabi||August 1980||K-12||Bangladeshi, Bengali||3,800-5,700|
|Emirates Private School Abu Dhabi||1982||K-12||Arabic, UK, US||7,590-14,375||EPSAD reviews|
|Japanese School Abu Dhabi||1978||primary||Japanese||13,500-30,000||JSAD reviews|
Last update 17 November 2012
General comments - might not apply to French School Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- French schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.