Fatima College of Health Sciences
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Fatima College of Health Sciences in Abu Dhabi
|College name||Fatima College of Health Sciences|
|Director's name||Professor Judy Wollin (Head of FCHS School of Nursing)|
|Executive body or owner||Institute of Applied Technology (IAT)|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||government college, Ministry of Higher Education license|
|College location / area||Al Saada St (19th St), opposite Abu Dhabi Police General Headquarters (no map)|
|Postal address||PO Box 3798, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Fatima College of Health Sciences admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi colleges forum
Fatima College of Health Science degrees, courses and programs
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (BScN) / Bachelor of Nursing (BN)
- Diploma in Nursing (first two years of Bachelor program)?
- Allied Health programs (planned?)
20 February 2012
- Fatima College of Health Sciences and Monash University in Victoria, Australia signed a 5 year health education services agreement for Emirati students to study Bachelor level courses in Allied Health, in Emergency Health (Paramedic), Medical Imaging, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy. After completion of the Bachelor degree, students can continue with a Masters degree or PhD in Melbourne.
03 March 2011
- Fatima College of Health Sciences started offering courses in the town of Madinat Zayed in the Western Region of Abu Dhabi (in February 2011?). FCHS does not have its own campus there but uses facilities provided by VETI in Madinat Zayed.
15 May 2010
- The Fatima College of Health Sciences (FCHS) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Monash University in Victoria, Australia for academic cooperation.
- The agreement will facilitate research collaboration, exchange of academic materials, staff and student exchange programs, cooperation in organising seminars and workshops etc, and the development of joint degree programs.
- FCHS is managed by the UAE Institute of Applied Technology (IAT).
- IAT information lists Abu Dhabi Institute of Nursing (ION) campus location as Baynonah / Baynunah St?
- FCHS Campus Manager is Dr Najah Saad Mustafa
- FCHS accepts both Emirati (male or female) and foreign students (female only).
- Fatima College of Health Sciences (FCHS), School of Nursing operates in collaboration with the School of Nursing and Midwifery at Griffith University in Queensland, Australia.
- The FCHS BScN program does not automatically lead to registration with the Queensland Nursing Council but graduates can apply for registration.
- There is also a Fatima College of Health Science Al Ain campus.
- No fees information supplied. Free for Emirati students?
Last update 15 May 2010
General comments - might not apply to Fatima College of Health Sciences
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
|Colleges||Abu Dhabi colleges | Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ colleges | Dubai colleges | Ras Al Khaimah colleges | Sharjah colleges | UAE colleges|
|Abu Dhabi education||List of Abu Dhabi colleges | List of Abu Dhabi universities | List of Abu Dhabi schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.