European International College in Abu Dhabi
||European International College
||Dr Oskar R Sykora (Founding Dean)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|College location / area
||Al Matar, Al Muroor - location map
||PO Box 73767, Abu Dhabi, UAE
||BBA, MBA, Diploma
|Instructor salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
European International College admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi colleges forum
European International College Abu Dhabi UAE (EIC) programs, courses, tuition fees, general information
Full name is European International College of Hotel Management and Tourism, was previously called Falcon College Abu Dhabi?
- Foundation Program - preparation course for entry into degree program, subjects include Arabic and English language, Information Technology, Mathematics, General Study Skills.
- Undergraduate Programs - Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Associate in Business Administration, Diploma in Hotel Management and Tourism.
- Postgraduate Programs - Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Bachelors in Switzerland - Bachelors Degree in Hospitality.
- Intensive English Program.
- Establishment date, owner's name, instructor pay scale, number and nationalities of students, staff, not supplied. Please updates to email@example.com.
- Location in Al Muroor, Al Muroor, off 31st St between 8th St and the Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Bangladesh Islamia School.
Tuition fees 2013-2014
- Administration fees: application fee AED 300-500, admission processing fee AED 1,000-2,000, enrolment confirmation fee AED 7,000, deposit AED 2,500.
- Tuition fees: AED 8,000 per semester for Foundation Program, AED 1,100-1,400 per credit for undergraduate courses and diplomas. AED 2,200 per credit for MBA.
- Other fees: student residence visa fee AED 2,500, transport fee AED 2,500 (per semester), various other transcript, certificate, evaluation, etc fees.
International affiliations and partnerships
- American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA)
- César Ritz Colleges, Switzerland
- Niagara College, Canada
List of UAE Ministry of Higher Education Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) accredited courses (2013-2014)
- Undergraduate Diploma in Hotel Management and Tourism.
- Associate in Business Administration - Banking and Finance, Destination and Leisure Management, Human Resource Management (HRM), Marketing.
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Banking and Finance, Hotel and Tourism Management, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing and Sales.
- Master of Business Administration - launched in September 2013.
23 September 2013
- A press release with the odd sounding headline of "European International College attracts 100% locals for MBA program" announced their new MBA degree - EIC is offering the MBA program for the first time this year.
- According to the press release there are a total of 48 different nationalities at the college in their other programs.
Previous contact information
- Postal address: PO Box 46333, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Tel +971-2-6783777, fax +971-2-4490225. Date of change unknown (after 2010?).
- Updated contact information same as for the Falcon College of Hotel Management and Tourism Abu Dhabi (closed or renamed?).
- Founding Dean name same as for the Falcon College.
Other European International Colleges
European International College Dubai
CBS European International College Hungary (CEIS)
- Appears to be unrelated to EIC in the UAE. CEIS offers ESL or EFL programs, university and college preparatory courses in Szeged, Hungary. Website www.studyuniversity.info.
European International College UK (EIC)
- European International College London, UK, address given as 58 Bell St, London NW1 6SP but there doesn't seem to be much of a college or university at that house. There is a pub called the Brazen Head, and Brazen Backpackers Hostel on the opposite corner?
- Website www.europeanunvcollege.com not available, website domain www.europeancollege.org.uk has course and contact information. Website photos of the college don't look anything like the Bell St location so something seems to be amiss. Spelling mistakes on website, and broken links don't inspire confidence either, and the telephone numbers look wrong if they are for a London UK address. Provided as "Phone : (+1) 514-779-9595, Phone :(+2) 011 1261 6165".
- One of those numbers also belongs to the Canadian European Academy (CEA), which appears to be located in Montreal Canada, not London or anywhere else in Europe.
- Unknown if there is a connection between CEA (or EIC) and the Canada International College (or something) which seems to be the previous version of EIC in the UAE, the Falcon College, reanimated. Or something. There are a lot of somethings that don't really make sense. Good night.
- Presumably (or hopefully?) EIC UK, Falcon College Canada, and Canada European Academy are all unrelated to EIC UAE.
Last update 12 November 2013
General comments - might not apply to European International College
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.