Emirates Simulation Academy
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Emirates Simulation Academy in Abu Dhabi
|College name||Emirates Simulation Academy|
|Director's name||Pavol Harangozo (General Manager)|
|Executive body or owner||Al Qudra Holding, CERT, GSE Systems(USA)|
|Date founded||January 2009|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private college|
|College location / area||Abu Dhabi Technology Park - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 63763, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Emirates Simulation Academy admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi colleges forum
15 January 2009 - ESA opens
- Emirates Simulation Academy (ESA) is a training institute for industrial personnel for example those in the power generation, water desalination, oil refining, oil and gas processing industries. ESA offers real time simulation of facilities in the UAE, GCC, and MENA (Middle East and North Africa) regions. Facilities include
- Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Simulator
- Desalination Plant Simulator
- Gas Turbine Simulator
- Oil and Gas Platform Simulator
- Oil Refinery Simulator
- ESA grand opening 11 January 2009 according to press release but ESA was established in January 2006 according to ESA website.
- ESA facility can accommodate up to 650 students but will start with 6 or 10 students in the first class. About 200 students are expected in the first year Different figures seen in various news reports.
- Bothe Emirati and expat students can attend.
- Course length varies from 1 to 10 or 11 weeks, some course spread over several years.
- Course fees up to AED 80,000 (reported in The National).
- Alternative Chairman is Khalid Merri (what's an "Alternative" Chairman?)
- Operations Manager is Alice Chin Keat Sze
- Al Qudra Holding is an Abu Dhabi based company with interests in many different economic sectors, CERT is a division of the Higher Colleges of Technology, GSE Systems is a provider of real-time simulation aplications.
- ESA facility cost AED 100m according to press release, or AED 76m according to news reports. Funding ratio of the facility is 60% Al Qudra, 30% HCT, 10% GSE (The National).
Last update 28 July 2009
General comments - might not apply to Emirates Simulation Academy
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
|Colleges||Abu Dhabi colleges | Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ colleges | Dubai colleges | Ras Al Khaimah colleges | Sharjah colleges | UAE colleges|
|MBAs||Abu Dhabi MBA | Dubai MBA | UAE MBA|
|Abu Dhabi education||List of Abu Dhabi colleges | List of Abu Dhabi universities | List of Abu Dhabi schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.