Emirates National Schools
Emirates National Schools, Abu Dhabi
Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi school reviews forum with comments about this school or list of schools.
Emirates National School (ENS) branches in the UAE
- Emirates National School (ENS) Abu Dhabi - [Check] ENS high school and primary school in separate campuses.
- Emirates National School (ENS) Al Ain
- Emirates National School Khalifa City and Mussafah (Musaffah) - presumably references to ENS in MBZ City, not a different campus (unless another one is planned).
- Emirates National School Mohammed Bin Zayed City (MBZ City, Abu Dhabi).
- Emirates National School Ras Al Khaimah - planned, opening expected in Sep 2015 for 2015-2016 academic year.
- Emirates National School Sharjah - opened in Sep 2015 for 2015-2016 academic year. Not to be confused with The Emirates National School, an Indian curriculum school in Sharjah, established in 1980.
The Emirates National Schools Abu Dhabi Group (ENS Group) (Emirates National Private School) fee schedule and information
ENS group schools are for Arab and Muslim families who want a UK or US curriculum and Islamic education, with classes in English, rather than for British, American, and other western expat non-Muslim students.
|2019-2020 fees see notes|
|2018-2019 fees see notes|
|Total fees (AED) 2014-2015 Abu Dhabi||22,240||22,240||31,020||31,020||31,020||31,020||32,850||32,850||35,470||35,470||39,640||46,260||51,200||55,920|
|Total fees (AED) 2014-2015 Al Ain||19,000||20,780||20,780||28,720||28,720||28,720||28,720||31,600||31,600||34,120||34,120||38,120||44,490||49,240||53,770|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||20,780||20,780||28,720||28,720||28,720||28,720||31,600||31,600||34,120||34,120||38,120||44,490||49,240||53,770|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||17,500||17,500||25,000||25,000||25,000||25,000||27,600||27,600||29,700||29,700||33,400||39,300||43,500||47,700|
|Annual book fees (AED) 2010-2011||950||950||1,300||1,300||1,300||1,300||1,500||1,500||1,800||1,800||1,900||1,900||2,100||2,100|
- 2019-2020 fee range unchanged from 2018-2019.
- 2018-2019 fee range AED 15,100-31,200 for Sharjah and RAK campuses, AED 22,190-53,570 for Abu Dhabi city and MBZ City campuses, AED 20,200-51,510 for Al Ain campus.
- 2014-2015 total fee range AED 22,440-55,920 for Abu Dhabi and MBZ City branches, AED 19,000-53,770 for Al Ain branch. Includes "Educational Resource Fees" AED 1,020-2,350. Registration fee AED 500.
- 2013-2014 tuition fee structure not provided.
- 2012-2013 fee range AED 20,780-53,770.
- 2010-2011 registration fee AED 500. Book costs AED 950-2,100. Same fees apply to all three branch campuses of ENS - Abu Dhabi City, MBZ City, and Al Ain according to schedule supplied by ENS Group.
- See individual ENS pages for updates to fee structure and schedules, admission and registration information, address and location map information, contact details.
- Email contact is (or was) email@example.com? Updated email contact not supplied or found.
- Separate boys and girls high school or secondary school sections from Grades 5-12, co-ed primary school sections from KG to Grade 4?
- Main website of Emirates National School is www.ens.sch.ae. URL domain www.emiratesnationalschool.com (www.emirates national school.com) not available, not for ENS schools.
- ENS school first established in September 2002. Curriculum and qualifications offered include AP, IBPYP, IBMYP, IB.
- Chairman of ENS Schools Board of Directors is Ahmed Al Humairi.
- Head or CEO of ENS Group is Dr Kenneth D Vedra (Director General)? School group owned by UAE Ministry of Presidential Affairs?
Emirates National School curriculum and planned implementation of IB program 2010-2015 calendar
- ENS website says that starting in the 2010-2011 academic year, "ENS has a five year plan to achieve our goal of full IBO authorization, for all programs and at all campuses, and AdvancEd accreditation at all campuses."
- ENS website also says "As part of our work in moving toward International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program Authorization (IBMYP), we will began the alignment of our grade 6 through 8 courses, using the IBMYP framework during the 2011 – 12 school year and will complete that work during the 2012 -13 school year."
- And for students graduating in 2015 (2014-2015 academic year?), which implies students starting in Grade 11 September 2013, "As a part of the new graduation requirements, students will have a choice of International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Courses in grades eleven and twelve; Advanced Placement (AP) College Board Courses in grades eleven and twelve; and/or our standard ENS college preparatory classes."
- For Advanced Placement (AP) classes, "ENS began teaching College Board – Advanced Placement Classes in grades 11 and 12 at the MBZ and ADC campuses in the Fall of 2012. Additional classes will be taught at all three campuses in the 2013 -14 school year."
- Planned timeline of IB program implementation and status at ENS schools is something like this according to ENS information:
- 2010-2011 - "Emirates National Schools attained candidacy status for the IBO Primary Years Program (IBPYP) at all three campuses during the 2010 – 2011 academic year."
- 2011-2012 - "During the 2011 -12 school year, we will have a visitation by an official International Baccalaureate consultant who will assist us in preparing for an IBO Authorization Visit during the 2012 – 13 school year." Visits were planned for between January and May 2013.
- 2012-2013 - "ENS attained International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program Authorization at each campus during the 2012 -13 and now has IB PYP World School Status at each campus."
- 2013-2014 - "ENS will continue on the candidacy journey for IB MYP and DP programs during the 2013 – 14 school years as outlined in the 5 year strategic plan approved by the Board of Directors."
- As of 16 Sep 2013, according to the official IBO website (International Baccalaureate Organisation), ENS only offers (or is only authorized to offer) the IB Primary Years Program (IB PYP). Which means ENS is still in candidate status for those programs, assuming they are offered at all campuses (which makes sense given the ENS timeline).
Emirates National School Powerschool
- Power School Student Information Management System for ENS students, parents, and teachers, installed in 2010-2011 academic year.
- www.ensps.sch.ae is website domain URL for the ENS Powerschool online portal.
- Navigation menu not obvious, try www.ensps.sch.ae/public/jQueryTab/Pages/index.html for home page and links.
Emirates National Schools jobs, careers, salary, pay scale information
- Teaching jobs starting Aug 2019 advertised on teachaway.com with salary range given as $3300-$4100 per month, tax-free (approximately AED 12,000-15,000).
- Some teaching jobs advertised on ENS website at www.ens.sch.ae/career/ but unknown when vacancies are valid for (closing date of applications not obvious).
- Email CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other ENS schools in the UAE
- Emirates National School Ajman - doesn't exist as far as we know.
- The Emirates National School Sharjah UAE (TENS, ENS Sharjah, ENSS) has the same name as other ENS schools but is an independent Indian school and is not part of the ENS Group in Abu Dhabi.
Other schools sometimes referred to as an Emirates National School but are not part of the ENS Group:
- Dubai National School (DNS)
- Dubai International School (DIS)
- Emirates English School in Dubai
- Emirates International School (EIS) Jumeirah
- Emirates International School (EIS) Meadows
- Emirates National School (ENS) Dubai (not a school, or not part of ENS Group Abu Dhabi).
- Emirates Private School (EPS) Abu Dhabi
- Emirates Private School (EPS) Al Ain
- Emirates Private School (EPS) Sharjah
- Emirates Private School (EPS) Fujairah
Emirates National School blogs (unknown if any have unofficial or official ENS status)
- ensaa.schoolblogs.org - class blog from class 4B at Al Ain Emirates National School? Seems to have been used from end of 2012 to beginning of 2013 only.
- ensabudhabi.blogspot.ae - old (last entry Nov 2008), critical blog by a teacher (maybe a former teacher if ENS figured who it was). Rather blunt and ascerbic, unknown how accurately it reflects Emirates National School reputation (or did).
- ensadc.weebly.com - ENS blog (Abu Dhabi campus?), seems to be infrequently updated (beginning of 2013 had a few entries). Principal and management comments. Has links to some other ENS blogs (click on ADC LINKS in the navigation menu).
- ictensadc.weebly.com - IT or ICT blogs from Grades 1-4 only? Abu Dhabi primary school campus?
Last update 26 March 2019
- American schools in Abu Dhabi
- Best British school in Abu Dhabi - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.