Saturday 07 December 2019 (UAE)
Emirates International School Meadows
Emirates International School Meadows in Dubai
|School name||Emirates International School Meadows|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||IB Diploma, IGCSE, IPC|
|Head of school||Leonard Murphy (HS Principal), Carmel Platt (JS Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Al Habtoor Group|
|Date founded||September 2005|
|Number of students (approx)||1450|
|Number of staff (approx)||150|
|School area, location map||The Meadows - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 120118, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.eischools.ae/Meadows/ (new window)|
|School fees structure||23,045-68,345 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||8,800-16,000 dhs per month (2007-2008)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Emirates International School Meadows admissions, reviews, notes
Emirates International School Meadows reviews - add yours here.
Emirates International School Meadows (Springs, Emirates Hills) (EIS-M campus or EISM) tuition fee structure and general information
- See also Emirates International School Umm Al Sheif for information about the Jumeirah-Umm Suqeim branch of EIS.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014||23,045||30,245||30,245||36,005||36,005||40,330||40,330||40,330||47,530||47,530||47,530||54,740||54,740||64,090||68,345|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||23,045||30,245||30,245||36,005||36,005||40,330||40,330||40,330||47,530||47,530||47,530||54,740||54,740||64,090||68,345|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2012||22,050||28,940||28,940||34,455||34,455||38,590||38,590||38,590||45,480||45,480||45,480||52,370||52,370||61,330||65,400|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009||20,230||60,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||25,200||53,400|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2006-2007||21,000||44,500|
- 2013-2014 administration fee AED 2,000 (non-refundable). Additional costs and charges for uniforms, books and stationery, bus transport, etc not supplied. ESL program AED 4,500 per student (annual).
- 2012-2013 administration fee AED 2,000 (non-refundable). ESL program additional AED 4,500 per student (annual), subject to KHDA approval.
- 2009-2012 administration fee additional AED 2,000 (non-refundable). Additional costs and charges for uniforms, books and stationery, bus transport, etc not supplied. Payment made in 3 instalments during academic calendar year.
- 2008-2009 fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to email@example.com.
- Director of Schools or School Director is Amna Al Habtoor (appointment announced mid 2007?).
- EISM sometimes called the Emirates National School Meadows?
- Location address is in Emirates Hills between Meadows 3 and Springs 1, next to the Spinneys shopping complex (Meadows Community Center or Village Centre, not Meadows Town Center which is down the road a bit). GPS coordinates 25°3'52.98"N, 55°9'20.70"E (25.064716, 55.155749). Click on location to see Google map of address.
14 September 2013
- New High School Principal at EIS Meadows is Mr Leonard Murphy (previously was principal at Al Ain Juniors School), started at EIS August 2013. Previous HS Principal was David Hicks - he has moved to EIS Jumeirah as Secondary School principal.
- Junior School or Primary School Principal is Ms Carmel Platt.
29 September 2010
- The saga of the fired EIS principal is still going on with the Dubai education authority apparently getting involved. According to a Gulf News report, Mohammad Darwish, Chief of the RCC department at the KHDA, said "KHDA has sent a compliance team from the Regulations and Compliance Commission [RCC] to the school and it will report back."
- GN also reported feedback from one parent who said "They have sacked a total of five principals last year. Nearly 50 teachers were laid off last term and till today they have not got replacements for many teachers. There are no students for certain subjects, the textbooks are not in place, the timetable is not sorted out. The school is in a mess. We want the authorities to do something about it." The GN said that the school did not respond to their request for comment.
23 September 2010
- A new principal at EIS Meadows, Orlando Pola-Rivera (previously at the Berlin International School?), was apparently fired a week after starting in his new job.
- Gulf News reported that parents told them Pola-Rivera was shown the door for reverting an executive order to shuffle students across all classes within four days after the school opened for the new academic year.
- In the same report, the GN said that about 200 parents met at the school to talk to the Executive Principal of EIS, Jason Kirwin, wanting to know why Mr Pola-Rivera was sacked, and threatening to take their children out of the school if he was not reinstated.
- The Executive Principal's office apparently made no comment about the issue when asked by the GN but an official statement might be issued.
- Sounds like just another warm welcome from a Dubai school to an expat education professional. For more of the same, read about happy times for Abu Dhabi teachers.
16 April 2008 review
- Emirates International School Meadows contact information updated. Previous details were PO Box 6446 (is for EIS Umm Suqeim, Jumeirah), fax +971-4-3629009.
- Teacher salary information updated (previously was 5k-10k).
- Primary and Junior School (JS) principal name added - Brian Marquand (HS principal) and Tim Richardson (JS).
- Curriculum details: IPC (KG2 to Grade 6), EIS (Grades 7,8,9), IGCSE or GCSE (Grades 10,11) IB Diploma (Grades 12,13)
23 February 2006 review
- EIS in the Meadows is a newer branch of EIS opened in 2005. Probably the better of the two to be a student at or work at although there wouldn't be a lot of difference.
- Tel sometimes given as +971-4-3431111 is for Al Habtoor Group head office, not the school.
- Fee information for 2007-2008 for Emirates International School Jumeirah, assumed to be the same for EIS Meadows, except that EIS Jumeirah starts at KG2 not KG1? Fees for 2006-2007 were AED 21,000-44,500.
- Original domain name, www.eischool.com, has expired (is now spam) and is not related to Emirates International School anymore, www.eisschool.com is not an EIS website either. New website at www.eischools.ae.
- Head's name also seen as Mr Robert Bennett but EIS website says Mr Marquand was High School principal since opening. Primary School principal is Mr Tim Richardson.
Last update 19 November 2014
General comments - might not apply to Emirates International School Meadows
- Many popular schools are full for 2019-2020. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2018-2019 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.