Emirates English Speaking School
Emirates English Speaking School in Dubai
|School name||Emirates English Speaking School|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||Shah Shamsuddin Usmani Tabrez (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Sameer Merchant, Louay Khatib|
|Number of students (approx)||1780|
|Number of staff (approx)||105|
|School area, location map||Al Safa 1, Jumeirah - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 7575, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||4,935-7,160 dhs per year (2018-2019)|
|Teacher salary range||1,100 - 1,900 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Emirates English Speaking School admissions, reviews, notes
Emirates English Speaking School reviews - add yours here.
[Closed] Emirates English Speaking School (EESS) tuition fee structure and information.
EESS closure from March 2019, see Jul 2018 notes below. Tel +971-4-3947355 removed from table.
Not to be confused with any of the following schools (all unrelated to EESS except for EESC):
- Dubai English Speaking School (DESS), a British curriculum school in Oud Metha.
- Emirates Indian School Sharjah (The Emirates National School), unrelated Indian curriculum school.
- Emirates English Speaking Center (EESC), special needs centre associated with EESS, closed in 2009.
- Sharjah English Speaking School (SES) (Sharjah English School), also a UK curriculum school.
- References to Emirates English Speaking School in Sharjah seen, but doesn't exist as far as we know.
Fee figures in italics are calculated and/or not provided directly by EESS, and not confirmed. All figures are in AED
|Annual fees 2018-2019 (KHDA)||3568||3965||3965||3965||3965||4296||4296||4296||4753||4753||4753||4753||5414||5414|
|Annual fees, total (AED) 2016-2017||4935||5325||5425||5425||5525||5855||5905||5905||6345||6345||6395||6395||7160||7160|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2016-2017||3490||3880||3880||3880||3880||4210||4210||4210||4650||4650||4650||4650||5300||5300|
|Extra fees (annual, excluding bus)||1445||1445||1545||1545||1645||1645||1695||1695||1695||1695||1745||1745||1860||1860|
|2016-2017 fee components|
|Monthly tuition fees (AED) 2016-2017||349||388||388||388||388||421||421||421||465||465||465||465||530||530|
|Resource Computer fee (monthly)||40||40||50||50||60||60||65||65||65||65||70||70||70||70|
|Learning Enh fee (monthly)||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75||75|
|Medical fee (annual)||70||70||70||70||70||70||70||70||70||70||70||70||70||70|
|Laboratory fee (annual)||115||115|
|Act fee (annual)||225||225||225||225||225||225||225||225||225||225||225||225||225||225|
|Resource Computer fee (annual)||400||400||500||500||600||600||650||650||650||650||700||700||700||700|
|Enh + Medical + Lab + Act (annual)||1045||1045||1045||1045||1045||1045||1045||1045||1045||1045||1045||1045||1160||1160|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||3,130||3,480||3,480||3,480||3,480||3,770||3,770||3,770||4,170||4,170||4,170||4,170||4,750||4,750|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||3130||3480||3480||3480||3480||3770||3770||3770||4170||4170||4170||4170||4750||4750|
|Monthly fees (AED) 2009-2010||313||348||348||348||348||377||377||377||417||417||417||417||475||475|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009||3130||3480||3480||3480||3480||3770||3770||3770||4170||4170||4170||4170||4750||4750|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||2700||4100|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2006-2007||2440||3740|
- 2018-2019 fee structure from KHDA, not confirmed or supplied by EESS.
- 2016-2017 fee schedule supplied by EESS: Tuition fees (monthly) AED 349-530 for KG1 to Grade 12, annual fees in table calculated as 10x monthly fees. Other fees include: Learning "Enh" (?) fee AED 75 monthly, Resource and Computer/IT fee AED 40-70 (monthly), Medical fee AED 70 (yearly), Laboratory fee AED 115 (annual, G11-G12 only), "Act" (?) fee AED 225 yearly, bus transport fees (not provided, but estimate allow for AED 200-500 depending on location).
- 2013-2014 fee range AED 3,130-4,750 (not confirmed, fee schedule not supplied by school).
- 2009-2010 fees information from EESS website, assumed to be for 2009-2010 but not confirmed. Registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable), Annual fee AED 200, Medical fee AED 50 (yearly). Laboratory fee AED 100 per year for Grades 11 & 12 Science stream. Bus transport fee AED 143-275 depending on location in Dubai, AED 300 for Jebel Ali, AED 390 for Sharjah.
- Tel number +971-4-3947355 also supplied as phone number for the planned Global International Indian School in Dubai (05 Dec 2014). Unknown what the connection is with EESS, if there is one. Or it's an error.
- Unofficial FB page at facebook.com/pages/Emirates-English-Speaking-School/240714729272639
- Location Al Safa district, opposite Safa Park Gate 1. Is near Al Ittihad Private School Jumeirah branch. CBSE affiliation number 6630020.
- [Update] Number of students: 1550 (Jul 2018 reports), 1720 (KHDA 2016-2017 report). Number of teachers: 105 (KHDA 2016-2017 report).
- School timings and office hours (Sep 2015 information, Sunday to Thursday):
- Kindergarten: 7:45 am to 11:30 am. Grades 1-12: 7:45 am to 1:35 pm.
- Routine hours: 7:45 am to 1:30 pm. Fee payments: 7:45 am to 1:30 pm on 1st to 5th of each month.
- School owner and/or board of directors:
- Managing Director: Sameer Merchant (Knowledge Venture LLC/FZ, Education Capital Holding Bahrain).
- Managing Partner: Louay Khatib (Knowledge Venture LLC/FZ, Education Capital Holding Bahrain).
- [Check] 26 Dec 2018: KHDA information conflict: fax number given as +971-4-3943855 (EESS info is +971-4-3947485 and +971-4-3943485) and location as Umm Suqueim 1 (school is in Al Safa).
Emirates English Speaking School careers and teaching jobs
- EESS has a "Vacancies" page on their website listing available positions, and with an online application form. However the form is not secure so sending a fax or email might be a better idea. Or telephone and enquire.
26 December 2018
- The Khaleej Times (KT) reported that over 500 EESS students had found places at other schools in Dubai ahead of the school closure in March 2019. Schools accepting students from EESS include:
- GEMS Heritage School, Dubai
- GEMS New Our Own Private High School, Sharjah
- GEMS Millennium School, Sharjah
- GEMS New Millennium School, Dubai
- Pace International School, Sharjah
- EESS website news page does not have school closure information, but last news update is from Nov 2017.
04 September 2018
- The Gulf News (GN) reported that EESS management met with parents on 01 Sep 2018 regarding the school closure, and possible alternative schools for students to move to. There was little new information than what was reported in Jul 2018.
21 July 2018 - Emirates English Speaking School closed by March 2019
- The GN, KT, TN newspapers all reported that EESS would be closing in March 2019 due to financial issues, and included a statement from Mohammad Darwish at the KHDA saying "The KHDA has approved the school management's request to discontinue educational services at Emirates English Speaking School from the next academic year."
- A letter sent to parents from the school management said "It is with deep regret that we wish to inform you about the closure of Emirates English Speaking School with effect from the end of the current academic year ..."
30 March 2010 review
- Khaleej Times (KT) report (30 March 2010) about the KHDA fees freeze said EESS wanted to increase fees by 10%: The Emirates English Speaking School, which had also applied for a 10 per cent hike, has also approached the KHDA for a review. "We are under a lot of pressure," principal Shah Shamsuddin Usmani Tabrez said.
12 April 2009 review
- The EESS Special Needs section has closed, half the students went to The Elite English School and the other half to various other special needs schools in Dubai.
23 September 2008 review
- Emirates English School (EESS) website says fees are AED 244-374 monthly, payable for 10 months per year (AED 2,440-3,740) but KHDA information is that fees were AED 2,700-4,100 per year for 2007-2008.
- EESS fees increase of 16% was approved for 2008-2009, which might mean fees are AED 2830-4338 or AED 3132-4756 for 2008-2009.
23 January 2007 review
- Emirates English Speaking School (EESS) contact details also seen as secondary, PO Box 3189 (incorrect), tel numbers +971-4-3945626 (unknown), +971-4-3442626 (incorrect), and fax numbers +971-4-3445763 (incorrect), +971-4-3446342 (incorrect).
- Tel number +971-4-3947355 also for the "Emirates English Speaking Center", the EESS special needs center.
- EESS was founded as a Montessori School in villas in 1979, moved to purpose-built building in Umm Suqueim in 1988. Became KG-G12 in 1990.
- Affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.
- Hindi, Urdu, French language options available at secondary level.
- Has the peculiar motto of "Quality Education at Moderate Cost".
- Allow another 1000 dhs per year for transport, computer, etc fees.
- Previous head was Ms Ingrid Sethna?
Last update 12 March 2019
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2018-2019 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.