Friday 05 June 2020 (UAE)
Emirates British Nursery
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Emirates British Nursery in Dubai
|Nursery name||Emirates British Nursery|
|Type of institute||private nursery|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||Early Years Program (EYP)|
|Head of nursery||Tracy Penketh (Headmistress)|
|Executive body or owner||Emirates British Nursery (EBN)|
|Date founded||April 2000|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Nursery area, location map||Umm Al Sheif, Umm Suqeim - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 78260, Dubai, UAE|
|Nursery fees structure||20,700-29,700 dhs per year (2014-2015)|
|Teacher salary range|
|Kid satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Emirates British Nursery admissions, reviews, notes
Emirates British Nursery reviews - add yours here.
Emirates British Nursery Umm Suqeim-Jumeirah (EBN) branch fee schedule and information
|2014-2015 fees||Per Term (AED)||Annual fees (AED)|
|Times / Days per week||1||2||3||4||5||1||2||3||4||5|
|0800-1200 or 1230||6,900||7,500||8,700||20,700||22,500||26,100|
|0800-1700||Motorcity and Mirdif branches only.|
- 2014-2015 registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable), medical fee AED 500 (annual), deposit AED 1,000. Annual fees in italics calculated as 3x term fees, not confirmed.
- 2009-2010 fees information not supplied.
- 2008-2009 fee structure estimate AED 25,000-35,000 per year depending on days and hours of attendance. Detailed fee schedule not provided.
- Location given as 6B St off Al Wasl Rd (take 19A St off Al Wasl Rd to get there, or exit Sheikh Zayed Rd at Al Thanya St and continue on parallel slip road), Umm Suqeim (Umm Sequim), near Burj Al Arab Hotel and Mall of the Emirates. Is actually in Umm Al Sheif community area, other side of Al Wasl Rd from Umm Suqeim 3 area. Opposite Dubai Police Academy but not directly accessible from Umm Suqeim Rd.
12 March 2014
- All EBN branches follow the British Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) program. Branches located in Umm Al Sheif (between Umm Suqeim 3 and Sheikh Zayed Rd), Mirdiff, Dubai Motorcity. Umm Al Sheif location is referred to by EBN as Umm Suqeim branch (or Umm Sequim).
- Emirates British Nursery in Sharjah doesn't exist, references are to either Emirates English Nursery in Sharjah (not related to EBN), or one of the branches in Dubai.
- General email address for all EBN branches is email@example.com.
- Facilities at Umm Suqiem branch include activity room, discovery room, sensory garden, outdoor sand and water play areas, swimming pool, bicycle track, nurse and medical clinic.
09 December 2010 review
- Emirates British Nursery plans to open a new nursery school in Dubai Motor City in early 2011?
- Facilities and activities include discovery room, garden area, music room, sandpit, soft play room, swimming pool (covered), water play.
- EBN website no longer available at www.ebninfo.ae, replaced by www.emiratesbritishnursery.com.
- Old email address was firstname.lastname@example.org, might still work, also try email@example.com?
- Postal address changed from PO Box 894 to PO Box 78260? PO Box 894 belongs to Sun and Sand Sport LLC in Dubai according to the UAE Yellow Pages. But some other sources list EBN address as PO Box 894. Correct postal address not confirmed or supplied.
- Report in The National newspaper 13 March 2010 said The Emirates British Nursery opens from 7.30am, and children can take classes until 12pm, 3pm or 5.30pm. Fees depend on what time they are picked up, and average about Dh8,900 a term for the 7.30am to 3pm session. Terms last from 12 to 16 weeks.
26 January 2009 review
- Emirates British Nursery (EBN) first opened in Umm Suqueim (Um Sheif, Umm Al Shaif, Umm Sequim). A second EBN branch in Mirdif opened in October 2001.
- Children from 11 months to 4½ years old accepted.
- Nursery open 07:30 till 17:30 (7:30am to 5:30pm) Sunday to Thursday.
- Transport available from Sharjah and Dubai?
- Facilities include discovery room, music room, sand pit, sensory garden, soft play room, swimming pool (covered), water play area.
Nurseries in the same area as Emirates British Nursery
|Nursery name||Curriculum||Nursery fees||Reviews|
|Alphabet Street Nursery||UK||25,650-46,800||ASN reviews|
|Babyland Nursery Dubai||1981||Arabic,English,French,Lebanese||17,000-30,000||BND reviews|
|Blossom Nursery Dubai||May 2009||UK||25,830-48,675||BND reviews|
|Childrens Oasis Nursery||September 2002||English, Spanish||10,000-64,000||CON reviews|
|Childs Play Nursery||UK||20,250-33,360||CPN reviews|
|First Steps Nursery Dubai||July 2000||UK||13,500-30,600||FSND reviews|
|Kids Palace Nursery||2006||UK, French||30,000-50,000||KPN reviews|
|Kings Dubai Nursery||September 2004||UK|
|Le Jardin Enchante Dubai||French||21,000-24,000||LJED reviews|
|Little Learners Dubai||September 2008||UK||36,000||LLD reviews|
|Little Wonders Dubai||March 2006||UK||17,500-37,750||LWD reviews|
|London and Paris Nursery||2004||French, UK||35,000|
Last update 05 November 2014
General comments - might not apply to Emirates British Nursery
- Many popular nurseries are full for 2020-2021. New nurseries in Dubai might have places.
- British nurseries in Dubai
- List of nurseries in Umm Suqeim
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE nurseries||Abu Dhabi nurseries | Ajman nurseries | Al Ain nurseries | Al Gharbia nurseries | Dubai nurseries | Fujairah nurseries | RAK nurseries | Ruwais nurseries | Sharjah nurseries | UAQ nurseries | UAE nurseries|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.