Emirates Aviation College in Dubai
||Emirates Aviation College
||Mohammed Yousuf Al Budoor (Principal)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
college, Ministry of Higher Education license
|College location / area
||Al Garhood - location map
||PO Box 53044, Dubai, UAE
||www.emiratesaviationcollege.com (new window)
||BA, BB, BSc, MBA
||30,000-50,000 dhs per year (2009-2010)
|Instructor salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
Comments about Emirates Aviation College
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai colleges forum
EAC-AAS degrees and vocational courses
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering - new program starting in 2011, approved by the UAE Civil Aviation Authority.
- EASA Licensed Pilot Training ATPL program (new program reported 22 April 2012).
Bachelor Degree Programs
EAC undergraduate degrees are validated and awarded by Coventry University in the UK
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Air Transport Management (Aviation Management?)
- Bachelor of Business in Air Transport Management
- Bachelor of Business in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Computer Engineering (planned?)
- BEng (Honours) in Aerospace Technology
- BEng (Honours) in Avionics Technology
- BEng (Honours) in Electronics Engineering
EAC Master's degree programs
- MSc in Aviation Security - in conjunction with
Dubai Police, the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) Coventry University (UK). Starting January 2011.
- MSc in Aviation Safety and Security (new degree reported 22 April 2012 - unknown if the same as the previously announced MSc in Aviation Security)
- MSc in Engineering Management (new degree reported 22 April 2012)
EAC MBA degrees
EAC MBA degrees are validated and awarded by Coventry University in the UK
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Aviation Management
- MBA in Aviation Security and Safety
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in IT Management
- Aviation Management
- Applied Business
- BEng (Honours) Aerospace Technology
- BEng (Honours) Avionics Technology
- BEng (Honours) Electronic Engineering
- Higher National Diploma in Aerospace Engineering
- Higher National Diploma in Business Management / Business Studies
- Higher National Diploma in Electronics and Computing / Computer Software Development
- Higher National Diploma in Tourism Management
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Transport Management & Logistics (new program reported 22 April 2012).
- National Diploma in Aerospace Engineering
- National Diploma in Business Management
- National Diploma in Leisure & Tourism
Air Traffic Management Training
- Aerodrome Control
- Aerodrome Transition Training
- Air Traffic Management Training
- Approach Control
- Area Control
- Aviation English
- Basic Induction / Assistant
- Communications, Navigation, Surveillance
- Emergency Training Aerodrome Control and/or Approach Control
- Flight Operations Management Levels 1 and 2
- Human Factors Training
- Low Visibility Operations
- OJT Instructor
- Proficiency Check
- RADAR Control
- RADAR Transition Training
08 July 2012 - KHDA accreditation
- Emirates Aviation College (EAC) received KHDA accreditation for its vocational qualifications and licensed programs in Aeronautical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Avionics Engineering, Business Management, Tourism Management, and Airport and Airline Operations.
22 April 2012 - new programs at EAC
- MSc in Aviation Safety and Security, MSc in Engineering Management, Higher National Diploma (HND) in Transport Management & Logistics, EASA Licensed Pilot Training ATPL program.
28 May 2011 - New Emirates Aviation College campus
- At a graduation speech, the Vice-Chancellor, Dr Ahmad Al Ali, said "We are finalising the plans for the construction of a new campus at the academic city that will meet our needs for the next 10-15 years ..." (Gulf News 28 May 2011). No further details supplied. Presumably he was referring to Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) as the location for the new campus.
10 August 2010 - New MSc in Aviation Security
- A new MSc in Aviation Security will be offered by Emirates Aviation College starting January 2011 (Khaleej Times report 10 August 2010).
- Program content will cover managment of security issues and knowledge of security equipment at airports. The MSc is aimed at security officials involved in security of aircraft, airports, and cargo operations.
- Course will not be available to just anyone.
Dr Ahmad Al Ali, Vice Chancellor of the Emirates Aviation College said in the KT report "Because of the sensitivity of the course content that will be shared with the students it will not be offered to everyone, and every individual will be subjected to intensive background checks by Dubai Police and the aviation authority for eligibility."
- Further details not found on the EAC website, not clear if the new MSc is related to the EAC MBA in Aviation Safety and Security (announced in March 2010?).
02 February 2010
- Emirates Aviation College MBA degrees awarded accreditation from the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR). Programs accredited are
the EAC MBA in Aviation Management, MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and MBA in IT Management (press release 02 February 2010).
13 September 2009
- Emirates Aviation College (EAC) MBA fees AED 60,000 for Emirates Group staff and AED 80,000 for others.
- Registration fees AED 2,500.
- Chancellor of Emirates Aviation College (EAC) is HH Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum
- Vice Chancellor of EAC is Dr Ahmad Al Ali
27 November 2008
- Full name is Emirates Aviation College - Aerospace and Academic Studies (EAC-AAS).
- EAS founded by the Department of Civil Aviation and previously known as Dubai Aviation College (website www.dac.ac.ae no longer active).
- EAC also known as "Emirates Training Center / Centre", "Emirates Training College".
- EAC provides bachelor degrees, vocational courses (ND & HND), corporate training,
short courses in aviation, aerospace, air traffic control and related areas.
UAE pilot training flight schools and aviation industry colleges
Last update 03 February 2010
General Comments - might not apply to Emirates Aviation College
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.