Thursday 16 July 2020 (UAE)
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Emirates Academy in Dubai
|College name||Emirates Academy|
|Director's name||Mr Ron Hilvert (Managing Director)|
|Executive body or owner||Jumeirah Group|
|Date founded||October 2001|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private profit-making college, Ministry of Higher Education license|
|College location / area||Umm Suqiem, near Burj Al Arab - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 29662, Dubai, UAE|
|Qualifications||BSc (Hons), ASc, MSc (2009)|
|College fees||67,330-72,430 dhs per year (2008-2009)|
|Instructor salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Emirates Academy admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about Emirates Academy
01 September 2011
- Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management was awarded accreditation by The International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE) in Australia, and the Institute of Hospitality (IOH) in the UK (press release).
- Website domain www.emiratesacademy.edu forwards to www.jumeirah.com/en/Jumeirah-Group/The-Emirates-Academy/
22 September 2008
- Email received from Emirates Academy says full name is "The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management" (EAHM).
- Courses offered are BSc (Hons), ASc, MSC (2009):
- Bachelor of Science Degree with Honours in International Hospitality Management - 4 year program including a 6 month internship, and the option of studying at the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland for 2 semesters.
- Associate Degree in International Hospitality Operations - the first 5 semesters of the BSc program
- MSc in International Hospitality Management is under development and scheduled to start in 2009.
- Previous course list was BA, BSc, AA, ASc, BTEC.
- Fees information updated (was 50,000-65,000 dhs per annum). Fees are about 35,000 dhs per semester except for internship - fees are about 8,000 dhs for that semester.
- Campus accommodation (studio) costs 16,800 dhs per semester (33,600 dhs per year). A bargain compared to accommodation costs on the open market in Dubai during 2008.
09 August 2007
- PO Box changed from PO Box 11416 (address for Jumeirah Beach Hotel, also part of Jumeirah group of companies).
- Student accommodation fees up to about 30,000 dhs per year. Course fees updated for 2007-2008.
- Now called "Emirates Academy" (was previously "Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management").
- Dean of Emirates Academy is Dr Stuart Jauncey.
- Emirates Academy announced the availability of scholarships for Emirati students worth a 50% fee discount if they have greater than 80% in high school academic achievement and good English.
- Emirates Academy course summaries
(no longer valid - see 2008 update)
- BSc in International Hospitality Management. 4 year program, with 6 month internship. Option of two semesters at the Ecolé Hoteliere de Lausanne in Switzerland. Course focuses on operational management in a commercial context.
- BA in International Tourism Management. Program preparing students for leadership positions in the travel and tourism industry. Syllabus covers service quality, tourism, economics and strategic management.
- ASc in International Hospitality Operations. An Associate Degree made up of the first 5 semesters of the BSc in International Hospitality Management.
- AA in Business & Tourism. An Associate Degree consisting of the first 5 semesters of the BA in International Tourism Management.
- AA in Business & Tourism part-time. Evening study Associate Degree program, same as the full time Associate Degree in Business and Tourism spread over 6 semesters (3 years) with the internship completed at the end of the course.
- BTEC National Diploma Programme in Hospitality Supervision. A 2 year course of vocational training, with work placement, for employment in the hospitality industry.
- Hospitality Industry Maharat Training Program for UAE Nationals. A 9 week introduction to the Tourism & Hospitality industry with work placement.
12 November 2006
- Part of the Jumeirah Group. Associated with Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne.
- Study programs BSc (Hons) in International Hospitality Management, BA (Hons) in International Tourism Management, ASc in International Hospitality Operations, AA in Business and Tourism, BTEC National Diploma in Hospitality Supervision (check if approved).
- Degree programs accredited by UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Student accommodation available on campus (studio apartments) for about 25,000 dhs per year.
- Multinational staff and students.
- Course directors Dr John Sutton and Dr Morag Stewart.
- Courses not segregated but accommodation is.
- Also referred to as "The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management".
- Course fees 30,000-50,000 dhs per year.
Last update 22 September 2008
General comments - might not apply to Emirates Academy
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Dubai and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for instructors too)
- UQAIB - a quality assurance agency to licence free zone colleges and universities in Dubai
|Colleges||Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ | Colleges in Dubai | Colleges in Ras Al Khaimah | Colleges in Sharjah | Colleges in UAE|
|Dubai education||KHDA | List of Dubai colleges | List of Dubai universities | List of Dubai schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.