Duke University Dubai
||Duke University Dubai
||Patricia McCall (Regional Director)
|Executive body or owner
||Duke University USA, DIFC
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|University location / area
||DIFC Center of Excellence, Gate Village, Building 2, Level 3 (no map)
||PO Box 74777, Dubai, UAE
||Masters, MBA, EMBA
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Duke University Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai universities forum
Duke University Dubai programs
- Advanced Management Program
- Duke MBA Cross Continent
- Duke MBA Global Executive MBA
- Global Leadership Program
- Masters Degree in Management Studies in Goverment (1 year) - with Duke Fuquaa School of Business and the Terry Sanford Institute for Public Policy.
- Masters in Management Finance (MMF) at the Fuqua School of Business, part-time degree with emphasis on management, finance and accounting. Launch in early 2012. Program consists of 13 courses over two years, costs AED 150,000 ($41,000). Update 07 June 2012 - program suspended, see below.
07 June 2012
- The Fuqua School of Business Master of Management Studies in Finance program in Dubai has apparently been suspended. It was approved in October 2011 and launch was planned for June 2012. Jennifer Francis, senior associate dean for programs at Duke University, reportedly said "While we will not be able to launch the MMS: Finance program on our original timetable, we remain optimistic about our ability to run the MMS: Finance program in the region at a later date" (The Chronicle, Duke University, 07 June 2012).
13 November 2011
- Fuqua School of Business announces they will offer a Masters in Management Studies in Finance.
14 March 2010
- Contact details updated, new telephone number +971-4-401 9306. Fax number still +971-4-401 9404?
23 August 2009
- MoU signed with Duke University and Mohamed Bin Rashed Center for Leadership Development (MBRCLD) to guarantee 85 places in 2 batches for Emirati and Arab nationals to study for the one year Master of Management Science program. Course start date is 2010. Program components include Decision Modeling, Economics, Leadership Development, Problem Analysis, Solutions Design, Strategy, Supply Chain Management
30 April 2009
- Duke University and Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) Center of Excellence (DIFC-COE) have partnered to establish the Duke University Campus in Dubai. Duke University is based in Durham, North Carolina, USA.
- Courses include Duke University Fuqua School of Business (FSOB?) courses, and Policy Education.
- Partnership with the Mohammed Bin Rashid Leadership Program (MBRLP) or Program for Leadership Development (MBRPLD).
- MBRPLD already established in Dubai by Duke Corporate Education through the Fuqua School of Business? Announced September 2008.
- Joint research centers at Duke University USA and DIFC Centre of Excellence.
- Chairman of Middle East Advisory Board of Fuqua School of Business is Jonathan Barnett.
- First courses starting August 2009?
- Contact details for Duke in Dubai: mobile tel +971-50-9577273? Or contact DIFCCOE tel +971-4-4019401, fax +971-4-4019404.
- Regional Director of The Fuqua School of Business Middle East is Patricia McCall, email email@example.com.
- No website found for Duke University Dubai (DUD). Main DU website is www.duke.edu, and for FSOB is fuqua.duke.edu.
- Number of students an approximate guess.
Last update 14 March 2010
General comments - might not apply to Duke University Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.