Dubai Real Estate Institute
||Dubai Real Estate Institute
||Dr Mohamed Al Shehi (Managing Director)
|Executive body or owner
||Dubai World, Emaar, Emaar India, and Dubai Islamic Bank
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|College location / area
||Building 53, Floors 7 & 8, Dubai Healthcare City - location map
||PO Box 126026, Dubai, UAE
||www.drei.ae (new window)
|Instructor salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
Dubai Real Estate Institute admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about Dubai Real Estate Institute
13 October 2009
- Dubai Real Estate Institute (DREI) to offer a Master's degree in real estate with a focus on the UAE property market. Degree to be run by the Bond University in Australia.
- Length of DREI Master degree course is 3 semesters. Program includes Economics of Real Estate, Fundamentals of Real Estate, Real Estate Finance and Investment, Real Estate Marketing, and Property Management
- Information seminar and Q&A session with Professor George Earl of Bond University held on Sunday 18 October 2009 from 1800-1930 at DREI site.
- DREI Director of Training is Eng. Mahmoud El Burai, who is also the Director of Real Estate at the Dubai Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA).
18 September 2006
The Dubai Real Estate Institute provides educational programs including graduate, post graduate, executive programs, and short courses on real estate studies for property industry professionals, with a focus on real estate markets in the MENA region, Asia, Eastern Europe and Turkey.
- The DREI was launched in January 2007 with the first executive training program given to Sama Dubai executives in June 2007.
- Chairman of the DREI board is Farhan Faraidooni (Executive Chairman of Sama Dubai).
- Admission enquiry contact details are telephone +971-4-4279752, email email@example.com.
- Website doesn't have fees information except for short executive courses in November 2007.
- Diploma in Real Estate (applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree and be proficient in English) - a 6 month program (0900-1700 daily) covering
- Introductory Economics and Quantitative Methods
- Real Estate Principles
- Real Estate Investment Analysis
- Real Estate Management
- Real Estate Valuation
- Postgraduate Masters in Property Studies (still under development) covering
- Urban land economics
- Property law
- Property finance
- Property development
- Property valuation
- Property portfolio management
- Facilities management
- Executive Education Programs for example in November 2007:
- Real Estate as an Investment Asset (04-08 Nov 2007, $6000)
- International Real Estate Investment (07-08 Nov 2007, $3000)
- Successful Real Estate Development (17-22 Nov 2007, $6000)
- Customized educational programs for corporate clients (contact DREI directly).
- Singapore - National University of Singapore
- South Africa - Cape Town University
- Sweden - Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (KTH), the Royal Institute of Technology of Sweden
- UK - Department of Real Estate and Planning, University of Reading
- USA - School of Planning and Development at the University of Southern California (USC)
Last update 13 October 2009
General comments - might not apply to Dubai Real Estate Institute
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.