Dubai Informatics Computer Center
||Dubai Informatics Computer Center
||Dr Arezou Mehrabi (Director)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|College location / area
||301 Umm Hurrair Building, Zabeel Road, Karama (no map)
||PO Box 44132, Dubai, UAE
|Instructor salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
Dubai Informatics Computer Center admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai colleges forum
Dubai Informatics Computer Centre (DICC) programs and courses
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Studies (University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate approved center).
- Bank Management courses - Finance, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Marketing Management, Money and International, Rural Finance and Development, Strategic Planning Management and Control.
- Business courses - Knowledge Management, Project Management, Security Management Systems, Strategic Management, Time Management.
- Business correspondence
- CCNA, CCNP
- CFM, CMA, CPA
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Authorized Training Provider
- Diploma in Computer Studies (University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate approved center)
- EC Council Authorized Training Partner
- Hospitality Classes
- IELTS preparation
- IT short courses including Flash Animation, Graphic Design,
Movie Making, Web Design
- Microsoft Certified Partner
- Mini MBA
- NCC Education Services Associate Centre
- Prometric Authorized Testing Centre
- TOEFL preparation
- Certified Management Accounting (CMA)
- Certified Financial Management (CFM)
- Language courses including Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, Farsi, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish.
21 February 2011
- DICC also referred to as Informatics Computer School (ICS) Dubai?
- DICC is a training institute offering short computer and other courses, rather than a tertiary level university college offering degrees.
- Contact email email@example.com for enrolment enquiries.
- Name change in to Institute for Cultural and Scientific Studies (ICSS) in January 2011? DICC website still says Dubai Informatics Computer Centre.
DICC unlicenced degree courses
- Gulf News reported 20 February 2011 that DICC was offering invalid undergraduate degrees since they don't have the correct licence - However, the KHDA has recently confirmed the DICC has no permit to offer higher education courses.
- Gulf News tried to get comment from DICC about a case involving students who had enrolled in a BSc in Computer Science degree in 2009 at DICC which turned out not to be what the students expected with a claim of postponed or cancelled exams, and additional unexpected fees. The students were unable to get a satisfactory refund and complained to the KHDA. Gulf News tried but failed to get a comment from DICC. Numerous attempts - telephone calls and a visit to the DICC offices - by Gulf News to get a response from Dr Arezou Mehrabi, Director of DICC, in order to verify the students' complaint proved unsuccessful.
- Gulf News carried a quote from Mohammed Darwish of the KHDA who said "DICC has an Educational Services Permit from KHDA, but does not have a Higher Education Permit. Therefore, they can't advertise or offer any Higher Education qualifications ..."
- No information found on DICC website about any degree courses offered (checked 21 February 2011).
- Other institutes also mentioned in the same report included Campus Educational Institute Dubai, and Al Mihad Educational Institute.
Last update 24 February 2011
General comments - might not apply to Dubai Informatics Computer Center
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.