Dubai Gem School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Dubai Gem School
|School name||Dubai Gem School|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian, UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||A-level, IGCSE, O-level|
|Head of school||Keith Sedgwick (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||DGPS Board of Governors|
|Number of students (approx)||1400|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Oud Metha, Bur Dubai - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 989, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.dubaigem.org (new window)|
|School fees structure||12,615-22,835 dhs per year (2014-2015)|
|Teacher salary range||3,000-7,000 dhs per month (2010-2011)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Dubai Gem School admissions, reviews, notes
Dubai Gem School reviews - add yours here.
Dubai Gem Private School (DGS, GPS, DGPS) tuition fee structure and information
See also Dubai Gem Nursery. Is part of Dubai Gem School but in a different location.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||18,000||12,615||12,620||13,690||13,765||14,005||14,840||14,910||16,515||17,010||17,780||18,045||18,400||18,400||22,130||22,835|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||11,700||12,300||12,200||13,290||13,370||13,605||14,510||14,485||15,985||16,720||17,535||17,500||17,750||17,750||21,200||21,800|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||9,900||9,500||9,500||9,950||9,950||9,950||10,460||10,460||12,000||12,300||13,050||13,800||14,600||14,600||18,400||19,500|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||7,500||15,400|
- Fees payable in three instalments - a higher payment required in the first term for most grades.
- 2014-2015 tuition fees include costs for books, medical, activity, and annual fee (sports, trips, library, computers, etc). Additional admission registration or re-registration fee AED 500 (annual but deducted from term 1 payment except for new students), deposit AED 1,750-3,500 (refundable), equipment fee AED 350-500 per optional subject for Years 9-13, bus transport AED 5,400-7,500 per year (AED 1,700-2,500 per term).
- 2011-2012 fee schedule not provided.
- 2010-2011 additional costs: deposit AED 1,750-3,250 for new enrolments depending on grade, registration fee (annual) AED 500, equipment charges AED 350-500 per subject depending on subject choices and grade. Bus transport fees AED 1,700-2,500 per term depending on location. Books, materials, activity, and annual fee included in tuition fee figures for 2010-2011 (not for 2009-2010 figures).
- 2009-2010 additional charges for books and materials, annual charges (sports, trips, library, laboratory, etc). Allow an extra AED 1,000-2,500 depending on grade. Equipment fee AED 250 per subject per year for grades 9-11, and AED 350 per subject per year for grades 12-13. Medical fee AED 150 per year. Activity fee AED 150 per term for KG1 and KG2, and AED 200 for Grades 1-13. Registration fee AED 500. Re-registration for existing students is AED 300. Deposit is half the first term's fees, refundable on departure if correct notice given and no outstanding fees. Bus transport (return only) AED 2000 per term from some Dubai locations, AED 2500 per term from Umm Suqeim, Jebel Ali, Mirdif and other Dubai locations, or Sharjah.
- Additional phone number is +971-4-3370913, which is (or was) also the number for Dubai Infants School?
- Location: near the American Hospital, on or off Oud Metha Road, Oud Metha, Bur Dubai.
Dubai Gem School heads
- 2010- Keith Sedgwick
- 2009-2010 - Angela Hollington
- 2008-2009 - Mr John Last, or John Michael Richard, John Richard Last?
- -2008 - Roy Ritson?
30 January 2015
- Email address updated to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previously email@example.com (probably invalid since domain is spam).
- Old website URL www.dubaigemschool.com has malware warning in Google Chrome (or is for the UAE Yellow Pages link to website). Shows spam when visited anyway.
25 May 2011 review
- Information updates (supplied by DGS) - previous domain URL www.dubaigemschool.com forwards to new URL at www.dubaigem.org. Other DGS related domains include www.dubaigemstaff.org (for admissions and other related documents), www.dubaigem.com (listed by some sources but is still showing spam). Fees updated for 2010-2011, teacher salaries approximately 3,000-7,000 dhs per month (assumed to be for 2010-2011).
- KHDA 2011 inspection rating Good (update for all Dubai schools pending).
- Not clear if DGS is part of Taaleem group of schools or not. The May 2010 KHDA report says "In September 2009, Taleem (an educational company) was engaged by the owners of Dubai Gem Private School to manage and develop the school." But DGPS not found on Taaleem website, nor is any mention of Taalem found on the DGPS website.
- DGS offers UK National Curriculum with IGCSE, AS-levels, and A-levels. DGS information says "Dubai Gem Private School follows the British National Curriculum. The students and staff are mainly from Asia and as such, the culture of the school is Asian."
04 August 2010 - school principal change
- New DGPS principal will be Keith Sedgwick (not Sedgewick?), previously Academic Development Project Director and IT Manager at Taaleem, and before that was Headteacher at Rashid Primary School for Boys,
- Previous head, Angela Hollington moving to the Greenfield Community School (GCS) as their new head (press release 04 August 2010).
- KHDA information says head of school is Nina Malhotra? Hopefully not the same as Neena Malhotra of the Indian Government who was accused of slavery in a New York court by a former maid, according to a report in the New York Post 02 July 2010.
- Email address updated, previously was firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (might still be valid).
- Dubai Gem Private Nursery telephone number is +971-4-3453550.
- Fees information for 2010-2011 not supplied, but might be unchanged from 2009-2010.
- Website domain www.dubaigem.com seen in some sources appears to be incorrect, is showing spam when checked.
September 2009 - Taaleem management
- Taaleem, a school operator in Dubai, took over the management and development of the Dubai Gem Private School (DGPS), but not the ownership as far as we know.
- Not clear if the Taleem management role covers the Dubai Gem Nursery also.
- New principal appointed (January 2009?) - Angela Hollington, previously head at International School of Zug and Luzern in Switzerland, International School of Moshi Tanzania, International School of Geneva - Pregny-Rigot primary school.
- Previous DGPS was John Michael Richard? Or Mr John Last according to KHDA school report April 2009 (inspection date November 2008)?
- Vice Principal of Emaar International School in Singapore is Mr John Last - is the same Mr Last from DGPS?
31 October 2008 review
- Principal (or Headteacher) is John Michael Richard, previously was Roy Ritson? Not confirmed.
24 November 2007 review
- Also called "Gem Private School", "Dubai Gem Pvt School", "Dubai Gem Private School", or "The Dubai Gem Private School"
- Despite the name, is not one of the GEMS Group schools (as far as we can tell - at least it's not listed on the GEMS website).
- Additional fax number +971-4-3364524 (ref: KHDA school directory).
- DGS or DGPS started off as a nursery and creche, has since expanded to KG-Grade or Year 13.
- Nursery location is in Jumeirah (Dubai Gem Nursery), K-12 school campus is in Oud Metha.
- School was previously known as Dubai Nursery School and Crèche.
Schools in the same area as Dubai Gem School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Abacus Quest Point UCMAS||primary||UCMAS||AQPU reviews|
|Al Rashid Al Saleh School||1971||K-12||Arabic, UAE||6,850-14,690|
|Dubai English Speaking School||1963||primary||UK||34,360||DESS reviews|
|English Language School Dubai||April 1978||K-12||Arabic, UK||3,301-8,774|
|IFA Rugby Academy Dubai||January 2011||Sports|
|Indian High School Dubai||1961||secondary||Indian||5,400-10,300||IHSD reviews|
|International Concept for Education Dubai||September 2013||primary||French, English||45,000-73,000|
|International Football Academy Dubai||2007||Sports|
|Lycee Georges Pompidou Ecole primaire Dubai||primary||French||24,360-40,300||LGPEPD reviews|
|Pakistan Education Academy||1968||K-12||Pakistan||6,000-8,200||PEA reviews|
|St Marys School Dubai||1968||K-12||Indian, UK||8,456-16,389||SMSD reviews|
|Winchester School Dubai Oud Metha||September 2012||K-12||Indian, UK||11,300-19,500|
Last update 30 January 2016
General comments - might not apply to Dubai Gem School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.