Sunday 19 January 2020 (UAE)
Dubai English Speaking College
Dubai English Speaking College
|School name||Dubai English Speaking College|
|Type of institute||private non-profit secondary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||A-level, GCSE, NC|
|Head of school||Mr Chris Vizzard (Headteacher from Sep 2014)|
|Executive body or owner||Board of Governors|
|Date founded||September 2005|
|Number of students (approx)||750|
|Number of staff (approx)||100|
|School area, location map||Dubai Academic City - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 125814, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.descdubai.com (new window)|
|School fees structure||66,061-71,003 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||15,000-22,000 dhs per month (2008-2009)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Dubai English Speaking College admissions, reviews, notes
Dubai English Speaking College reviews - add yours here.
Dubai English Speaking College (DESC Dubai) tuition fee structure, general information
- See DESS Dubai (Dubai English Speaking School) for primary or elementary school information. DESC (Dubai English Speaking College) is the secondary or high school.
- DESC is not related to Dubai College in Al Sufouh (although DC is another highly regarded UK curriculum high school in Dubai).
|Annual fees (AED) 2013-2014||66,061||66,061||66,061||66,061||66,061||71,003||71,003|
|Annual fees (AED) 2012-2013||34,360||34,360||34,360||34,360||34,360||34,360||34,360||66,061||66,061||66,061||66,061||66,061||71,003||71,003|
|Annual fees (AED) 2011-2012|
|Annual fees (AED) 2010-2011||32,880||32,880||32,880||32,880||32,880||32,880||32,880||59,080||59,080||59,080||59,080||59,080||63,500||63,500|
|Annual fees (AED) 2009-2010||32,880||32,880||32,880||32,880||32,880||32,880||32,880||59,080||59,080||59,080||59,080||59,080||63,500||63,500|
|Annual fees (AED) 2008-2009||29,355||29,355||29,355||29,355||29,355||29,355||29,355||52,750||52,750||52,750||52,750||52,750|
|Annual fees (AED) 2007-2008||26,100||26,100||26,100||26,100||26,100||26,100||26,100|
|Annual fees (AED) 2006-2007||24,300||24,300||24,300||24,300||24,300||24,300||24,300||42,000||42,000|
- 2013-2014 - assessment fee AED 500 (n/a for Years 10, 11, 13), enrolment fee AED 500, deposit AED 5,000 (Years 7-11) and AED 6,000 (Years 12-13).
- 2011-2012 fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2010-2011 - tuition fees AED 59,080-63,500. Fees due in three equal instalments, before the start of each term. Bus transport fees are AED 560 per month (unchanged from 2009-2010).
- 2006-2007 - cost of books and most extra-curricular activities are included in school fees. Additional charges and costs for uniform, stationery, bus transportation.
- DESS Dubai fees included (in grey) for reference. Note that DESC is in Dubai International Academic City, and DESS is in Oud Metha.
- DESC Dubai Sixth Form is Years 12 and 13. DESC Dubai Twitter page at twitter.com/descdubai but no Facebook page (or an unused one). See DESC Dubai website for annual calendar and term dates.
- DESC Dubai moodle page login at moodle.descdubai.com, and webmail page login at mail.descdubai.com (for staff).
- Location is in Dubai International Academic City (DIAC or DAC), near Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO).
Teaching careers and jobs at DESC Dubai
- Teaching and non-teaching job vacancies listed on the DESC website. For teachers, minimum requirements are (usually) UK teacher qualification (PGCE or equivalent) with applicant having qualified in the UK, minimum 2 years teaching experience in the UK. Apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com. Unknown how your application might be affected by sending a CV since the application form specifically says "Please do not submit a separate CV/letter of application".
- Salary and pay scale not provided but DESC is regarded as one of the better (or best) schools to work at in Dubai, both in terms of professional environment and benefits package. But in return you're expected to be professional and committed. There are better schools (with lower salaries of course) in Dubai for teachers who don't want to be professional or committed.
31 March 2014
- New Headteacher appointment announced - Mr Chris Vizzard, starts 01 September 2014, he was previously Deputy Head at DESC. Mr Andrew Gibbs was Headteacher from Sep 2011 to Aug 2014.
26 August 2013
- Fees updated for 2013-2014.
24 May 2011
- New Head of School Mr Andrew Gibbs (from September 2011), replacing Mr Peter Daly.
- New email address firstname.lastname@example.org (previously email@example.com, presumably no longer valid).
- New website URL www.descdubai.com (previous domain www.descdxb.com returns a not found error when checked).
12 October 2010
- Habl Consultancy announced in a press release that they had completed a migration from MS Exchange 2003 to Zimbra Collaboration Suite for DESC Dubai. One wonders why ... as in why there was a press release, not why DESC migrated to a new webmail email and web server.
03 September 2010
- The Times Educational Supplement (TES) is advertising a vacancy for a new headteacher at DESC - "Required for January 2011 - Following the appointment of the current Head to the position of Principal of a prestigious school in the Far East, the Governors of DESC invite applications for the post of Head of this International British Secondary School."
- Closing date 29 September 2010, salary pay scale and benefits package not supplied. Email job applications to DESC Board of Governors Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14 January 2010
- Fees for 2009-2010 updated, increase of 12% as per KHDA guidelines.
04 January 2009 review
- Contact details updated (previous tel +971-4-3362737 and fax +971-4-3372141). DESC currently operates Years 7 to 11 and will start 6th form classes in September 2009.
- DESC 6th form information evening Wednesday 21 January 2009 at the school, starting 6:30 pm.
25 August 2008 review
- Salary range, fees updated for academic year 2008-2009 (previously AED 12k-18k for salary and AED 26k-42k for fees). Transport fee additional 500 dhs per month.
08 August 2006 review
- Dubai English Speaking College (DESC) is the secondary branch of DESS Dubai, and opened in September 2005 with years 7 and 8, with plans to add an additional grade each year to eventually offer GCSE and A-levels.
- DESC school campus moving from Oud Metha (DESS location) to Academic City for September 2006. DESS will remain in Oud Metha.
Last update 01 April 2015
General comments - might not apply to Dubai English Speaking College
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Dubai Academic City - schools and tertiary institutes in Ruwayyah.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.