Sunday 25 October 2020 (UAE)
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
|School name||Dubai College|
|Type of institute||private non-profit secondary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||A-level, GCSE|
|Head of school||Peter Hill (headmaster)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)||790|
|Number of staff (approx)||70|
|School area, location map||Al Sufouh - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 837, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.dubaicollege.org (new window)|
|School fees structure||67,773-76,743 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||14,000 - 23,000 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Dubai College admissions, reviews, notes
Dubai College reviews - add yours here.
Dubai College (DC) tuition fee structure, reviews and general information
- Dubai College is unrelated to Dubai English Speaking College (DESC) (in Academic City, near Silicon Oasis), although many British expats think of both as the best UK curriculum high schools in Dubai.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014||67,773||67,773||67,773||67,773||67,773||76,743||76,743|
|Annual fees (AED) 2009-2010||60,318||60,318||60,318||60,318||60,318||68,304||68,304|
|Annual fees (AED) 2007-2009||53,856||53,856||53,856||53,856||53,856||60,984||60,984|
|Annual fees (AED) 2005-2007||44,880||44,880||44,880||44,880||44,880||50,820||50,820|
|Annual fees (AED) 2003-2005||40,800||40,800||40,800||40,800||40,800||46,200||46,200|
|Annual fees (AED) 2001-2003||35,400||35,400||35,400||35,400||35,400||40,200||40,200|
- Dubai College is a secondary level school only, with classes starting at Grade 7. Years 12 & 13 are the Lower and Upper Sixth Form.
- 2013-2014 fees are AED 22,591 per term. Sixth Form supplement AED 8,970 (annual, AED 2,990 per term). Security deposit AED 2,000, bus transport costs AED 1,737 per term, private music lessons AED 1,900 per term. Admission registration fees not provided.
- 2010-2011 registration, admission, tuition fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to email@example.com.
- 2009-2010 - Application registration fee AED 500, refundable deposit AED 1000, transport fee AED 1546 per term (AED 4638 per year), private music tuition AED 1546 per term (AED 4638 per year). Fees are payable in 3 payments, once per term.
09 October 2012 - funds embezzlement from Dubai College
- Gulf News reported that An auditor has been accused of abusing his former job at Dubai College to forge cheques and embezzle Dh15.77 million. The Dubai Court of First Instance heard the case, although the accused auditor did not appear and was reportedly "at large". He was accused of replacing beneficiary names with his own on 200 cheques - the beneficiaries included DEWA, du Telecom, DHL, and others.
26 October 2009 - Dubai College headmaster resignation
- The current headmaster of Dubai College, Dr Carlo Ferrario, has announced his intention to quit at the end of the 2009-2010 academic year, due to dissatisfaction with the KHDA school reports.
- He reportedly said in a letter to parents that "While school inspection is important and I applaud it, I believe the system of inspection that has been adopted in Dubai presents more disadvantages than benefits for schools like Dubai College."
- Dubai College April/May 2009 KHDA ranking was "Good", not "Outstanding" so it's understandable that Dr Ferrario was a bit miffed. Students, teachers, and parents, might have felt much the same, especially given that Jumeirah College, a rather average school in the opinion of many, did manage to score an "Outstanding" rating.
19 September 2008
- Fees updated from DC website, assumed to be for 2008-2009 (was previously 45,000-51,000). Add deposit Dhs 1000, transport Dhs 4,140 (annual), music tuition Dhs 4,140 (annual).
- KHDA website says fees increased 20% in 2007-2008, and 10% increase requested for 2008-2009 but school did not qualify for increase.
- DC is secondary only, from Year 7 (age 11) to Year 13.
- Previous head was Mr W E Parton / Eric Parton (was head of DC for 18 years). New head, Dr Carlo Ferrario, was deputy headmaster?
- Dubai College may consider International Baccalaureate (IB) for senior level according to The National (newspaper) report about new Head.
27 January 2007
- Reputedly one of the top schools in Dubai both for students and for teachers to work at. Good facilities. Has a reputation of being a bit snobby (especially if you talk to students, parents, or teachers at one of the other similar top UK curriculum schools in Dubai).
- Popular with parents, entry by assessment. Fees are approximate. Majority of students are British, about 750 students total and 200 in the sixth form (equivalent to Grades 11/12 or Years 12/13).
- Difficult to get a teaching job at DC. Employment policy is to recruit from overseas only. At least that's what they say. With a bit of wasta you might get around that.
- Another email is firstname.lastname@example.org (use for admission enquiries).
Schools in or near Al Sufouh close to Dubai College
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Choueifat Dubai||1976||K-12||Choueifat, UK, US||19,800-38,000||CD reviews|
|Reach Out Dubai||Autism Support Services||ROD reviews|
Last update 14 June 2011
General comments - might not apply to Dubai College
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.