Delhi Private School Abu Dhabi
||Delhi Private School Abu Dhabi
|Type of institute
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
|Executive body or owner
||Delhi Public School Society (DPS Society)
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Mussafah, MBZ City
||Abu Dhabi, UAE
|School fees structure
|Teacher salary range
||see general comments
Delhi Private School Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
Delhi Private School Abu Dhabi reviews - add yours here.
Delhi Private School Abu Dhabi (DPS) (Delhi Public School, DPS Academy AUH) tuition fee structure, information
See DPS Academy and Delhi Public School in Dubai, and Delhi Public School in Sharjah.
No recent reliable reference found for DPS in Abu Dhabi, original plans might have been delayed, cancelled or abandoned. Reply in forum topic with any updates.
- Admission, registration, tuition fees information not supplied.
- DPS Abu Dhabi campus seen in list supplied by DPS of their schools abroad (dated 2010), but no further information given except for the name. DPS Abu Dhabi was proposed in 2003, planned in 2011 with construction allegedly underway for a 2012 opening date, planned again in 2012 with a 2013 opening date, but as of 2014, no DPS campus exists in Abu Dhabi. Or perhaps they did build it but can't remember where - their directory also lists a "Delhi Public School, Dammam, U.A.E." which sounds geographically peculiar (Dammam is in Saudi Arabia, not UAE).
- Email contact not given. Try contacting DPS campuses in Dubai or Sharjah, or the DPS Society directly - possibly email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (but don't be too hopeful about getting a reply).
- Location map, contact information, website, head's name, opening date, not provided. Location might be in Mussafah Community, Mohammed Bin Zayed City. Or Baniyas City (Bani Yas)?
30 July 2013
- DPS hasn't opened a new campus in Abu Dhabi but did open a second one in Dubai in April 2013, with two different names: Union International Indian School (UIIS) according to original plans, or DPS Academy according to new school information and KHDA directory. But still called UIIS according to Delhi Public Society's own school directory.
- DPS Abu Dhabi branch not listed in ADEC directory of existing or under-construction schools.
08 March 2012
- A Gulf News report about extra places available at Abu Dhabi Indian School (ADIS) and The Model School (TMS) for 2012-2013 mentioned the possibility of DPS opening a school ... "The Indian Ambassador said some private Indian managements like DPS (Delhi Public School) have also applied for new schools in Abu Dhabi."
- Gulf News didn't say if they were just catching up to previous reports from 2012 and 2011, or if they had new news which meant previous announced plans had changed or were reported incorrectly at the time.
24 January 2012 review
- A Khaleel Times report said DPS had received approval from ADEC to start construction of a new branch in Mussafah area, with capacity for 3,000 students, and offering CBSE curriculum, similar to DPS campuses in Dubai and Sharjah. Not clear if opening date "next year" meant 2013, or next academic year starting April 2012, or the following academic year starting April 2013. Reference: "DPS to set up campus in Mussafah", 24 Jan 2012.
- Exact location not given, although Dinesh Kothari, pro vice-chairman of DPS, was quoted in the report as saying "We have received clearance from the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) and finalised the school's [sic] location." Hopefully the poor grammar isn't an indication of the standard of English teaching at DPS schools.
- The chairman of the DPS Society, Ashok Chandra, was quoted saying "We have plans to open up 40 new schools ..." but didn't say where. Almost 10 years ago, DPS said they wanted to open a school in every emirate in the UAE, and about a year ago they said they would open the Abu Dhabi campus in 2012. They haven't opened any new campuses in the UAE ... so far.
26 January 2011 review
- News reports said Delhi Private School would open a branch in Abu Dhabi "next year" with enrollments starting in 2012. Presumably that meant school would open for start of 2012-2013 academic year in April 2012.
- School capacity planned as 3,000 students. Reports said that Ashok Chandra, chairman of The Delhi Public School Society, had said the Abu Dhabi government had given DPS land (but didn't say where), and that construction had started.
- Original source not clear, possibly an ADEC announcement, seen in several publications.
27 November 2006 review
- According to a report in the Gulf News 19 February 2003, about the opening of the new DPS school in Dubai, the principal Ms Anita Malhotra said "We want to open a school in each of the seven emirates of the UAE. We are very encouraged by the faith and support parents in Dubai had shown us."
- Nothing further heard or seen about DPS opening a new school.
Last update 13 January 2014
General comments - might not apply to Delhi Private School Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2017-2018. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.