Tuesday 20 October 2020 (UAE)
Cranleigh School Abu Dhabi
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Cranleigh School Abu Dhabi
|School name||Cranleigh School Abu Dhabi|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses|
|Head of school||Brendan Law (Headmaster)|
|Executive body or owner||TDIC, Royal Group UAE, Cranleigh School UK|
|Date founded||September 2014|
|Number of students (approx)||1,600|
|Number of staff (approx)||140|
|School area, location map||Saadiyat Island Cultural District - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 126888, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Website||www.cranleigh.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||65,000-240,000 dhs per year (2014-2015)|
|Teacher salary range||14,000 - 23,000 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Cranleigh School Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
Cranleigh School Abu Dhabi reviews - add yours here.
Cranleigh School Abu Dhabi (CSAD) fee structure and general information
|Annual tuition fees 2014-2015 (AED)||65,000||65,000||65,000||75,000||75,000||75,000||80,000||80,000||80,000||80,000||80,000|
- 2014-2015 fees information not provided (unconfirmed information is AED 65,000-80,000). Registration fee AED 500.
- 2013-2014 fees at Cranleigh School UK are about AED 190,000 (£31,830) per year for boarding students, and AED 155,000 (£25,950) for day students. If Cranleigh Abu Dhabi will charge similar fees as their UK version, that would make it by far the most expensive school in the UAE.
- UAE owner and operator is TDIC Education LLC, a subsidiary of TDIC Abu Dhabi.
- FB page at facebook.com/pages/Cranleigh-Abu-Dhabi/234431376711542 (FP 07 Oct 2013).
- School location is next to Manarat Al Saadiyat (Manaraat Al Sadiyat) and the UAE Pavilion in the Saadiyat Island Cultural District. GPS co-ordinates (approximate only, might be incorrect) 24°31'55.61"N, 54°25'17.14"E (24.532113, 54.421429).
Cranleigh Abu Dhabi contact details
- Phone numbers: Reception +971-2-4970000; Admissions+971-2-4970111; Arabic speaking secretary +971-2-4970104; Headmaster's PA +971-2-4970101.
- Email: Admissions - firstname.lastname@example.org; jobs and vacancies - email@example.com; if your child will be absent notify school - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cranleigh Abu Dhabi teaching jobs and vacancies 2014
- Middle management and teaching positions will be advertised on the Cranleigh Abu Dhabi website from 08 November 2013, see the "Recruitment" section. Advertisements also in the TES (Times Educational Supplement UK). Job descriptions available on TES and Cranleigh AUH websites. Application closing date 29 November 2013 but a second round of applications will start on 06 December 2013. Interviews will be held in Abu Dhabi UAE, or Cranleigh UK, from 25 January 2014.
- Applications for teaching and management posts must include a completed application form (available at Cranleigh Abu Dhabi website), a CV and covering letter, and details of two referees or references. Applications should be sent to Phoebe Roberts, email email@example.com. Or postal address: Cranleigh School, Horseshoe Lane, Cranleigh, Surrey GU6 8QQ, UK.
- Salary or pay scale and benefits package not supplied, but it will probably be similar to packages available at other expensive profit-making British curriculum schools in Abu Dhabi, for example British International School of Abu Dhabi or Repton Abu Dhabi, and maybe as good as the Al Khubairat British School salaries if you're lucky. Fixed contract length 2 years (renewable).
- Purpose built teacher accommodation will be provided in the same location as the school on Saadiyat Island. Pros are you don't need a car to go to school. Cons are you need a car to go anywhere else. Apart from sand and the Saadiyat Island Cultural Center, there's not much else in that area where the school is located.
12 November 2013 update and review
- Admission registrations accepted from 13 November 2013 (registration office opening date) for children aged 3-14 years old, but admission enquiries can be sent before that date. Contact TDIC telephone 800-TDIC (800-8342, toll-free in UAE), or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or email email@example.com. Admission office location is in the Al Jawaher Villa Complex next to Manarat Al Saadiyat and the Cranleigh school site plot.
- Appointment of Brendan Law as school head announced. He is Director of Education at TDIC, and previously was Headmaster of Westbourne House School in the UK, and Founding Headmaster of Brighton College in Abu Dhabi (press release).
- Contact details, email address, location map, curriculum information not supplied. Cranleigh UK website at www.cranleigh.org (no contact details for Cranleigh Abu Dhabi found though). Official website appears to be at www.cranleigh.ae.
- School day timings will be 0700-1800 (7am to 6pm) with after-school activities and homework sessions in the afternoon? Not clear if that is for all students, or is a day-boarding option.
- Weekly and full boarding option not available until September 2017? Possibly earlier if there is a demand? Unconfirmed information.
- 2014-2015 registration fee AED 500. Tuition fee range possibly AED 65,000-80,000 (source unknown, unconfirmed). Fee schedule not provided by TDIC or Cranleigh Abu Dhabi, and figures seem relatively cheap compared to the UK Cranleigh school. Unless the figures are per term, which would be equivalent to AED 195,000-240,000 per year.
- Grade levels offered will be FS1 to Year 9 in September 2014. Expanding to Year 10 in Sep 2015, Year 11 in Sep 2016, Year 12 in Sep 2017, Year 13 in Sep 2018.
- Cranleigh Abu Dhabi will have three seperate schools or sections: Pre-Preparatory (Pre-Prep) (FS1-Year 2), Junior School (Years 3-6), Senior School (Years 7-13).
- Teaching staff numbers initially about 60 for September 2014, increasing to about 140 when school is at full capacity with 1,500 or 1,600 students by 2020 or so. Planned class sizes to be limited to 18 students per class.
27 October 2013 press release
- Main contractor construction contract awarded to Al Tafseer Contracting & General Maintenance (UAE). Phase one scheduled for completion before September 2014, will include junior and senior schools, dining halls, sports facilities and swimming pools.
- Facilities include specialist rooms and studios for art, design and technology, dance, drama, IT, music, science classes.
- Sports facilities include two swimming pools, two grass pitches, an astroturf pitch, four tennis courts, an indoor sports hall. Indoor sports center area 2,900 sq m, outdoor sports fields area 19,300 sq m. Total land area 7 hectares.
- Boarding facilities with purpose built separate male and female accommodation. Day, week, and full boarding options will be available. Unknown if boarding facilities will be available for September 2014 when the school opens.
05 August 2013 review
- Construction started in July 2013? Ground-breaking announced by Abu Dhabi Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) on 16 July 2013. Total built up area 41,508 sq meters on 70,000 sq m land area.
- Facilities include separate science building with dedicated areas for Biology, Chemistry, Physics. A 650-seat auditorium theatre, separate lecture theatre, three libraries. Two or three sports fields, and three or four tennis courts? Separate girls and boys boarding facilities. Dedicated apartment building next to school to accomodate teaching staff.
- No website supplied or found (www.cranleighabudhabi.com is spam; www.cranleighabudhabi.ae, www.cranleighschoolabudhabi.com, www.cranleighschoolabudhabi.ae not available).
- Initially opening for 600 students in September 2014 (information about which grades not supplied), eventual capacity 1,600 students.
Cranleigh Abu Dhabi artists impression video (GAJ Architects)
30 November 2012 review
- Cranleigh School Abu Dhabi is a proposed new school to be located on Saadiyat Island, developed by The Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) in Abu Dhabi and Cranleigh School, a British boarding school. The Abu Dhabi campus will also be a boarding school, the first boarding school in Abu Dhabi according to the press release.
- Planned opening date is Q3 2014.
- Campus area is 7 hectares, capacity 1,600 or 2,500 students (both figures seen). Facilities include auditorium (650 seats), sports center (area 2,900 sq m), two grass pitches or sports fields, astroturf pitch, four tennis courts, two swimming pools, indoor sports facilities. School designer and architect is Godwin Austen Johnson Architects (UK) (GAJ Architects).
Last update 07 February 2015
General comments - might not apply to Cranleigh School Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Abu Dhabi
- Best British school in Abu Dhabi - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.